Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Daily Driver (not a Vette)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 09:02 AM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

Unless you need the hauling ability for work on a daily basis, I really don't get why people choose a truck as their DD over a Vette. I bought my Vette to be my DD, and it still is, unless winter weather gets in the way. I do own a truck, but it's my last choice for going anywhere unless I need to haul something big - or plow through snow that the family Subaru can't defeat.

Definitely not knocking anyone here, I genuinely would like to know.

Last edited by jackthelad; 08-22-2016 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:31 AM
BlackandTan2004
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jackthelad
Unless you need the hauling ability for work on a daily basis, I really don't get why people choose a truck as their DD over a Vette. I bought my Vette to be my DD, and it still is, unless winter weather gets in the way. I do own a truck, but it's my last choice for going anywhere unless I need to haul something big - or plow through snow that the family Subaru can't defeat.

Definitely not knocking anyone here, I genuinely would like to know.
I have pretty much daily driven a truck since I was 17 years old. I'd have to say comfort is my number one reason (6'4 - 245 & broad), followed by convenience, and then the fact that my whole family drives pickups, dad, brother, bro-in-law... I have also lived in relatively rural areas my entire life in Maryland, Illinois, and now Pennsylvania. My truck is also nicer (and safer) than most sedans and SUV's on the road. We will also be using our truck as the family vehicle, bed rug & tonneau cover. Also, with rear facing car seats most vehicles get ruled out immediately because I need to have the seat all the way back in most rides. I also drive a 2008 Taurus aka Sofa on wheels.

I'd love to drive a Vette everyday and I could if I wanted to, but I choose to drive mine selectively.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:20 PM
MSgtrock
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I got my Kitty recently, so I have to decide between her and my vette. I am way too spoiled.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:43 AM
williame3590
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Yep....you are!

Bill
Old 08-23-2016, 08:51 AM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I had two F-150's when I was driving about 50k a year. Nothing was better than a truck on those long hauls. Up high, comfy and the company paying for gas!

Enjoy!
Old 08-23-2016, 10:21 AM
garline14
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by MSgtrock
I got my Kitty recently, so I have to decide between her and my vette. I am way too spoiled.

Nothing wrong with owning 2 sports cars. I've always wanted to drive the new Challenger and see how they feel and perform. Which one u like more?
Old 08-24-2016, 07:54 PM
MSgtrock
Advanced

Default Challenger or Vette?

Originally Posted by garline14
Nothing wrong with owning 2 sports cars. I've always wanted to drive the new Challenger and see how they feel and perform. Which one u like more?
I have to say that I like them both. They are totally different ideas. I love the low sitting Vette and it gets up and goes pretty well. Then I get in my Hellcat and the exhaust note is so intoxicating. The power is beyond crazy. I have to control myself. It has all the bells and whistles and will hit right about 200. Both are so sexy to look at.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:47 AM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by MSgtrock
Cheeky question I know, but are the stealers still charging a premium for Kitty Challengers and Chargers? They still seem to be in short supply where I am.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:01 PM
MSgtrock
Advanced

Default Cheeky question

Originally Posted by jackthelad
Cheeky question I know, but are the stealers still charging a premium for Kitty Challengers and Chargers? They still seem to be in short supply where I am.
I got mine for $2300 under MSRP with a good trade on my 2012 SRT8. I was quite happy. I will say that in Oklahoma city they were still trying to get $10,000 over MSRP. They did not get my money. I do feel that for what I paid, I got a steal. I have all the bells and whistles and it gets me from A to B pretty well.

Quick Reply: New Daily Driver (not a Vette)