Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID Fog Light kit?

Old 10-22-2016, 12:51 AM
Roddy13
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 97 Posts
Default HID Fog Light kit?

I am looking for a plug and play HID fog light kit. Who has the best one? Preferably 5K Lumen.

I have also read that putting HID's in the factory headlight enclosures is a no go. Will running some Sylvania Silverstar ZXE's be a reasonable solution? (4200k Lumen). I do not want to replace the factory headlight assembly with projectors in order to run HID low beams.

I'm looking to update the look of the factory lighting and gain some improved night time driving.

Last edited by Roddy13; 10-22-2016 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:03 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Search for 'Radioflyer'

frank
Old 10-22-2016, 01:51 AM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,241 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by JETZ
Search for 'Radioflyer'

frank
Old 10-22-2016, 07:04 AM
MAC5
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 148 Posts

Forum vendor - http://radioflyerinnovations.com/
Attached Images  
Old 10-22-2016, 10:36 AM
Sonny3
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Roddy13
I am looking for a plug and play HID fog light kit. Who has the best one? Preferably 5K Lumen.

I have also read that putting HID's in the factory headlight enclosures is a no go. Will running some Sylvania Silverstar ZXE's be a reasonable solution? (4200k Lumen). I do not want to replace the factory headlight assembly with projectors in order to run HID low beams.

I'm looking to update the look of the factory lighting and gain some improved night time driving.
I can't really speak to changing out the bulbs in the Fog lights, but I recently changed out the bulbs in the head lights.

After reading here on the forum, I went with HIR bulbs to replace the Low and High beam. I would say that my lighting improved and least 50%. Additionally I ordered the HI-4 wiring harness from RadioFlyer. The harness installed very easy and now when I switch to Hi Beam my Low Beam stays on also. This made a tremendous improvement in night time driving visibility.

The bulbs ran me $70 and the harness was $25. Hope this helps and gives you another option.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:22 PM
miltievette
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

HID in the OEM improves you visibility. While blinding the on coming traffic. without projector your lights will shower all over the place in some states it is illegal. Just my .02
Old 10-22-2016, 02:32 PM
Roddy13
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sonny3
I can't really speak to changing out the bulbs in the Fog lights, but I recently changed out the bulbs in the head lights.

After reading here on the forum, I went with HIR bulbs to replace the Low and High beam. I would say that my lighting improved and least 50%. Additionally I ordered the HI-4 wiring harness from RadioFlyer. The harness installed very easy and now when I switch to Hi Beam my Low Beam stays on also. This made a tremendous improvement in night time driving visibility.

The bulbs ran me $70 and the harness was $25. Hope this helps and gives you another option.
Which HIR's did you go with in the headlights? Any decent photos?

Im between HIR's and the Sylvania ZXE's...

I want to match the look of the HID Fogs to a certain extent.

Last edited by Roddy13; 10-22-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:37 PM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

Yes - HIR's really kick up the light output. Got mine from Candlepower, Rockville, MD. They also have a 28 watt back up bulb replacement, combined with an Adjure, you can actually see behind you!
Old 10-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Sonny3
Intermediate

Which HIR's did you go with in the headlights? Any decent photos?

Im between HIR's and the Sylvania ZXE's...

I want to match the look of the HID Fogs to a certain extent.
I went with the HIR 9011 (H beam) and 9012 (L beam) two of each ran me about $70.00. I bought mine from CandlePower.

One of the tabs on the base has to be shaped down a tad, but there are complete instructions on how much and how to do it. I was able to shave them down with a good pair of toe nail clippers.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:19 PM
Sonny3
Intermediate

This is the HIR Low Beam on an extremely dark road in my neighborhood

And this is the Hi Beam from the same place. Notice how it picks up the distant mail boxes down the road.

Last edited by Sonny3; 10-22-2016 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:23 PM
Sonny3
Intermediate

These are pics of the Lo Beam and Hi Beam combination from installing the HI-4 wiring harness in conjunction with installing the HIR Bulbs.

I really feel that the next step is to insure that the headlights are aimed correctly and I will taking on that process in the next couple of days. While the pictures may not look like it the light field is sooo much better than the original. There is nothing reflective for the light to catch onto in the pics, but the field of vision was dramatically improved.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:41 AM
Roddy13
Burning Brakes

These are pics of the Lo Beam and Hi Beam combination from installing the HI-4 wiring harness in conjunction with installing the HIR Bulbs.

I really feel that the next step is to insure that the headlights are aimed correctly and I will taking on that process in the next couple of days. While the pictures may not look like it the light field is sooo much better than the original. There is nothing reflective for the light to catch onto in the pics, but the field of vision was dramatically improved.
Very helpful! Do you have any front on photos of the headlights that show their colour?

Last edited by Roddy13; 10-27-2016 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:25 AM
msupc
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by miltievette
HID in the OEM improves you visibility. While blinding the on coming traffic. without projector your lights will shower all over the place in some states it is illegal. Just my .02
/\ This
Old 10-27-2016, 02:22 PM
Sonny3
Intermediate

Very helpful! Do you have any front on photos of the headlights that show their colour?
I will take some this evening. I will be going out to see the grand kids play ball and will take some on the way home. Really dark piece of road on the way back.

Sonny
Old 10-27-2016, 05:18 PM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

The pic below is of my ACA's with HID low beams (6000K) HIR high beams 9011, and HID fogs (6000K). I have the hi-4 harness from RadioFlyer and a homemade harness to keep the fogs on with the low and high beams. Note: having them all on at once may be illegal in some states. The HIR bulbs are Toshiba, not sure they are available any longer from Toshiba, but as others have said other vendors still carry the bulbs.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:15 AM
hron61
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts

I went with the HIR 9011 (H beam) and 9012 (L beam) two of each ran me about $70.00. I bought mine from CandlePower.

One of the tabs on the base has to be shaped down a tad, but there are complete instructions on how much and how to do it. I was able to shave them down with a good pair of toe nail clippers.
hi sonny,
i would love to get a set of these, ive been a member there for years. how did i miss them? do you still have the contact?
Old 10-29-2016, 12:42 PM
Sonny3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hron61
hi sonny,
i would love to get a set of these, ive been a member there for years. how did i miss them? do you still have the contact?
http://www.candlepower.com/

This is the website for Candle Power. You are looking for the HIR 9011 and 9012 bulbs. You will need two of each. They replace your low beam and hi beam bulbs.

If you also want to have the low beam stay on when you go to hi, contact RadioFlyerInnovations for their HI-4 wiring harness.

http://shop.radioflyerinnovations.co...arness-003.htm

All in for bulbs and harness will be about $100.00

Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To HID Fog Light kit?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HID Fog Light kit?