Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever get good service from Eckler's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 05:19 PM
rel3rd
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Anyone ever get good service from Eckler's?

Sold my Vette some years ago...
Now working for a company, whose owner has several muscle cars/toys. As part of my job, I service and maintain them.

One is a 66, factory air, power window, knock off wheeled, and sidepipes hardtop....which I love.

The other one is a 2000....with a persistent headlamp issue....

Anyway, a month or so ago, I ordered a headlamp motor for it.

Eckler's website claims orders placed by 2pm EST, ship the same day. They are 2 days away by way of any of the top 3 shippers.
Order placed, and confirmed right at 2pm...order never shipped that day, nor the next....in fact order was shipped 1 week and 1 day later. Received it 2 days after that...and part was wrong...no problem, as that happens. Sent it back, and emailed my dis-satisfaction to them. A day later, one of their reps, emailed me apologizing and asking that we please consider giving them another chance in the future.

So, I order some more parts, shown as in stock, on Tuesday morning, November 29th. Printed out order confirmation .
Knowing I should have definitely gotten the order by today at the latest, I go online to check the order status, and imagone that....still processing...not shipped yet.

Call them and nice girl on the phone said my order was shown as being placed on November 30 at 3pm...lol. How convenient, but still SHOULD have the order today, regardless . ..

She could not tell me when, if, or how the order will actually be shipped, and couldn't tell me anything other than what I already knew...which was the order was still being "processed"....

This is definitely the last order for me, with them...

Where else is there to buy factory discontinued and/or aftermarket parts, that actually provide even decent customer service ? ??
Old 12-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Paul Wood
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a similar issue with a part I ordered from them. It was wrong part. It took three weeks for me to get a return authorization as I was told they farm that out to a third party. After fooling around with them, talking to someone from Ecklers, apologies etc., I finally threw in the towel and bought the same part from Southern Car Parts. They shipped the part same day and I saved about 40% on the overall cost. Ecklers finally gave me a refund after me having to call them several times. I promised I would never buy anything from them ever again and to discontinue sending me the catalog. I still get the catalog which goes in the trash at the post office. I recommend Southern Car Parts.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:59 PM
rel3rd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Paul Wood
I had a similar issue with a part I ordered from them. It was wrong part. It took three weeks for me to get a return authorization as I was told they farm that out to a third party. After fooling around with them, talking to someone from Ecklers, apologies etc., I finally threw in the towel and bought the same part from Southern Car Parts. They shipped the part same day and I saved about 40% on the overall cost. Ecklers finally gave me a refund after me having to call them several times. I promised I would never buy anything from them ever again and to discontinue sending me the catalog. I still get the catalog which goes in the trash at the post office. I recommend Southern Car Parts.
Thanks a lot. Will definitely give them a shot.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:04 AM
Crosis
Drifting

Received 420 Likes on 281 Posts

Ecklers off my list...
Old 12-03-2016, 01:21 AM
Tuna Joe
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 88 Posts

I found Eckler's shipping to be down right slow.
Service sucked too.
Lastly, they don't update your account immediately nor send you an order confirmation right away. I was told "that can take a day or two". WTF?

Last edited by Tuna Joe; 12-03-2016 at 01:22 AM.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:50 AM
jwt1603
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

My experience with them has been hit or miss. And by I mean that it's either great and I'm surprised the part arrived so quick or I'm left wondering where the heck my stuff is.

Guess I'll try Southern next time.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:43 AM
Ruger Brian
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes - great service so far from Ecklers. Price, shipping, expectations etc all great. They remain on my short list.

Some other venders (mentioned in this thread), not so much.
The following users liked this post:
David Shiel (12-12-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 07:49 AM
Omaha Flash
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

My only complaint with Eckler's is their shipping cost. It's obvious they are making a sizeable profit on the shipping. Recently after checking their shipping cost on a couple items I have change my mind and ordered from another company.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:12 AM
rel3rd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Crosis
Ecklers off my list...
Definitely off of mine....I knew better after the 1st debacle.

It's bad enough that my Tuesday order wasn't shipped until Friday at 4:25pm, a day after I should have received it....but I just realized that they still haven't issued the refund for the last order yet....

So...Two orders, two problems, two non existent customer service experiences...sounds like I made two orders too many...

Never again...
Old 12-03-2016, 12:05 PM
Fast Cars & Horses
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

Off my list too. Great service from Southern Car Parts and Corvette Mods and RPI. When we were rebuilding the C3 years ago, I learned the hard way with Ecklers.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:12 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Cars & Horses
Off my list too. Great service from Southern Car Parts and Corvette Mods and RPI. When we were rebuilding the C3 years ago, I learned the hard way with Ecklers.
Plus Ecklers, doesn't carry high speed horse shoes !!
Fast Cars & Horses (12-04-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 11:07 PM
Floridasky
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Ecklers has been not in a consideration for more than ten years. Service was so bad then I cannot imagine much improvement.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:03 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

they deliver if absolutely no where else has the product. thing is. they are stuck in the past. they still print paper mags, still charge high prices and as more people learn about how to find deals and other businesses with better customer support they are going to have an increasingly harder time staying in business.

they do often buy a lot of discontinued GM parts which can be a nice thing is no one else has such a part. that's really the only reason i would consider them
Old 12-04-2016, 04:25 PM
sloopdawg
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 132 Posts

Not a big Ecklers fan either
although I guess it can happen with many other places as well
I hate when the same day you order they send an email stating my order has shipped
then four or five weeks later my order shows up
Old 12-04-2016, 04:35 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Are they who Cindy (CindysC5) used for her front bumper ???
Old 12-04-2016, 05:30 PM
zachaeous
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 376 Posts

I use to get a lot of my restoration parts from Ecklers in the late 70s and 80s. They even had a branch store here in Illinois. I got good service from them back then and was happy with the quality of the items as well as the selection. We must remember that this was when Ralph Eckler still owned the company. He was forced out of ownership in 1997 and the company became a part of another group. This is when I noticed a big change after this change of ownership.

The last time I ordered from them was in 2011 and that was the end of my ordering. It took over a month to get some brake parts with no customer service help to find out where my order was.

Here is a link to a forum thread explaining the takeover of Ecklers:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...newspaper.html
Old 12-04-2016, 06:54 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Pounder
Are they who Cindy (CindysC5) used for her front bumper ???
No, that was Carid, but just as bad since I used Eckler's for the hood. Took two months to arrive to shop! Took about one week to approve body shop and actually place the order also. Never again for me either.
Carid either.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone ever get good service from Eckler's?

Old 12-04-2016, 07:04 PM
friou
Melting Slicks

Received 767 Likes on 590 Posts

Folks having trouble with suppliers should consider giving Southern a shot. Fast service, delivery and very helpful and courteous staff. Best wishes!
Old 12-04-2016, 07:22 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by CindysC5
No, that was Carid, but just as bad since I used Eckler's for the hood. Took two months to arrive to shop! Took about one week to approve body shop and actually place the order also. Never again for me either.
Carid either.
I thought you ordered something from them, your thread was hard to keep up with.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

I have ordered from a few, my go to suppliers are West Coast Corvette and Corvette Central !!
WestCoastCorvette (12-05-2016)

Quick Reply: Anyone ever get good service from Eckler's?