Sponsored by:

No BRAKE Lights!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 07:49 AM
Artizan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No BRAKE Lights!

Hey guys - had some wok done by my mechanic - private guy. He replaced the PCV valve and the assembly. Apparently it was clogged and the main reason I had some oil leakage. Now the hissing is gone. Got home and now the brake lights don't turn on. All four large rear lamps are out, but the narrow, horizontal lamp above the four is working. Any thoughts as to what he might have disconnected during the repair? They were definitely working before I took it in. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Artizan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My tech is trying to tell me there was a recall for the hazard switch that effects the brake lights not working. Anyone know about this?
Old 01-18-2017, 05:12 PM
Mr31FlavorsVette
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

To 8VETTE7 point, my turn signals stopped working when my hazard switch went bad, but my brake lights still functioned, PIA to change out. Good luck finding the culprit.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:14 PM
Vetteforplay
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My brake lights stopped working on my car and did the same as your car is doing. It was the hazard switch that went bad an caused the problem. I didn't know they stopped working until i almost got rear ended.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:36 AM
SuperTom
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

It is usually the hazard switch or the multifunction switch (turn signal stalk). I am currently in a dilemma with no brake lights on the left side. I replaced both and everything works. The hazard switch is the cheaper of the 2 so I would start there first.

Get notified of new replies

To No BRAKE Lights!

Quick Reply: No BRAKE Lights!