Sponsored by:

Where to try / buy aftermarket seats in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 07:14 PM
BigMan77
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where to try / buy aftermarket seats in Detroit

So I am looking into getting a new seat for my 02 Z to give me a bit more headroom & comfort. What I have gathered from the forums is that I need to sit and try them before buying. Problem is I have yet to find a speed shop that stocks a selection in detroit. Most will order one with a deposit but I won't buy in until I can see if my large frame will fit it comfortably. I was hoping for an adjustable backed seat with DD comfort, not a dedicated race seat.
​​​​​
Anybody have a suggestion out there?

Cheers,

Ethan
Old 01-18-2017, 08:11 PM
BigMan77
Intermediate

Re-posted to Great Lakes thread. Sorry, trying to get my bearings in the forum.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:40 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by BigMan77
Re-posted to Great Lakes thread. Sorry, trying to get my bearings in the forum.
Just how big " Is " the Big Man ?
Bill aka ET, you might be better off trying to find someone with your size who found a set of sets that work, and go from there..
The following users liked this post:
BigMan77 (01-19-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 09:12 AM
BigMan77
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
Just how big " Is " the Big Man ?
Bill aka ET, you might be better off trying to find someone with your size who found a set of sets that work, and go from there..
Well I am 6'4", I hover in weight around 300 and have a 46 waist at the moment. I currently fit the seats with about .5 to 1" of head room, but I would like more for the occasional track day, not to mention the seat back is too short to be useful for my head rest.

I agree that finding local members with aftermarket seats would be ideal, but I am not well connected up here, as far as friends with Vettes. Guess thats what the forum is for though.

Thanks for the input chief
Old 01-19-2017, 09:42 AM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by BigMan77
Well I am 6'4", I hover in weight around 300 and have a 46 waist at the moment. I currently fit the seats with about .5 to 1" of head room, but I would like more for the occasional track day, not to mention the seat back is too short to be useful for my head rest.

I agree that finding local members with aftermarket seats would be ideal, but I am not well connected up here, as far as friends with Vettes. Guess thats what the forum is for though.

Thanks for the input chief
You are not going to find a racing seat that wide enough to fit your girth.. and at 6'4'' and add a helmet, you have to sit on the floor. I didn't mean for you to find someone locally, I meant for you to find someone in the C4, C5 or C6 forums with a seat for a big man.. see what they have , get dimensions and go from there.. see if they will work in a C5. they make low rise adapter plates for aftermarket seat you will lose a lot of functionality of your stock seats, but most people do not use the functionality anyway, they set the seat for their size and never move,, some move it back and forward to get in and out.. but with an after market seat most offer the back and forth function.
Good Luck
Bill aka ET

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 01-19-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:57 AM
Gordy M
Melting Slicks

Received 316 Likes on 271 Posts

Check the "Autocrossing and Roadracing" forum as there are several threads about aftermarket seats and the lower mounting brackets. There were a few by members who were in the 6'4" category and 250-300 lb range.

Get notified of new replies

To Where to try / buy aftermarket seats in Detroit

Quick Reply: Where to try / buy aftermarket seats in Detroit