Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Shipping - LA to NYC - Best Price/Service?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 01:25 AM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Default Car Shipping - LA to NYC - Best Price/Service?

90% sure I'm about to replace my daily with a new toy and finalize the offer tomorrow.

The only issue is that I'll need to ship the car from LA to NYC area. Specifically, I live in CT, but I don't mind driving to a local hub.

I've looked into this before, but never pulled the trigger. I know to expect a ballpark around 1k expense to do this based on miles.

Presuming trucks are the best way to go, who can you recommend?

My trusty Crown Victoria has given me over a quarter million miles if trouble-free driving and has taken relentless daily abuse and neglect. She's finally aging out and things have been going for the past few months, so it's time to part ways. I definitely have an emotional connection to the car.

She will be replaced with a big torquey foreign job, but I won't post that up until the deal is done.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:15 AM
mmracecars
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Shipping

I've had good luck with passport transport , just had a FRC shipped from Tennessee to Michigan . Was $1075 and took around a week . They've been the cheapest for the last few cars I've bought/sold.Id stick with one of the bigger name carriers,that way it'll be shipped enclosed and insured , and less likely to get damaged.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:23 AM
Dave C
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I just shipped my C5 from IL to MA (enclosed) for $900, I've been using Passport for 25 years - never had an issue. Intercity is another one that I've used - trouble free. Based here in MA.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:56 AM
runner140*
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 282 Likes on 256 Posts

I have to agree with the above @ Passport. We used them a number of years ago to ship a car from Ft. Lauderdale to Grants Pass, Oregon. The cost was just over $1000. and took 10 days.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:48 AM
intercity lines
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Tusc
90% sure I'm about to replace my daily with a new toy and finalize the offer tomorrow.

The only issue is that I'll need to ship the car from LA to NYC area. Specifically, I live in CT, but I don't mind driving to a local hub.

I've looked into this before, but never pulled the trigger. I know to expect a ballpark around 1k expense to do this based on miles.

My trusty Crown Victoria has given me over a quarter million miles if trouble-free driving and has taken relentless daily abuse and neglect. She's finally aging out and things have been going for the past few months, so it's time to part ways. I definitely have an emotional connection to the car.

She will be replaced with a big torquey foreign job, but I won't post that up until the deal is done.
Tusc,

Intercity Lines would be glad to give you a CF rate on your move. Please let us know what make and model and where in CA to where in NY/CT you would like the vehicle delivered.

Thanks,
Jim
Intercity Lines
www.intercitylines.com
jim@intercitylines.com
800-221-3936 x205

Last edited by intercity lines; 01-19-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:24 PM
0Executive Auto Shippers
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

We've done plenty of auto shipments across the country. You can give us a call (847-557-0200) M-Th 8am-8pm, F 8am-5pm, and Sa 9am-12pm. You can also get a free quote on our website.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:37 AM
Andrew
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Another nod to Passport Transport. The main office is located a little over an hour from me, so I stopped by to check them out. Nice facility and folks who work there. After pricing about all of the big name carriers, every quote was within a couple of bucks. Executive, Intercity, Horseless and Carrier are all respected.

Here are a couple of pics from a Vette delivered to my door by Passport Transport taken a couple weeks ago. Wish I took more pics of the truck. Nice rig.

Last edited by Andrew; 01-20-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:47 PM
0MoveWheels
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello! We specialize in nationwide auto transport and have special discounts available for corvette forum members. Let me know the delivery zip code and I will get you a best quote for getting it delivered. Visit our page https://movewheels.com/corvetspecialrates/ or call/text 904-297-2160 (Mn-Fr 9a.m.-p.m.)
or PM me
Thanks. Meg from MoveWheels
Old 01-21-2017, 02:04 PM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Trigger has been pulled and I'm looking at shipping #s now.

So I'll share.... my car bucket list has had a line which dictates "Own and enjoy a V12 at least once." To that end, I'm having a 2003 S600 blk/blk with 60k one-owner miles and no accidents shipped my way. This one has the AMG wheel/body package, auto-cruise control, and happens to have the Guard package which makes it impact and bullet resistant up to .44 mag.

No plans to mod it. It will be my clean daily. I'll keep it 2 years and turn it and hopefully not have too many expenses between then and now - though I've planned for that anyway.

Get notified of new replies

To Car Shipping - LA to NYC - Best Price/Service?

Quick Reply: Car Shipping - LA to NYC - Best Price/Service?