Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange clutch issue, please help...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 09:08 AM
SuperVetteC5
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

The dirtiest fluid is going to be in the slave cylinder, that's where all the grunge comes from, it is also the lowest point, so all the solids are gonna fall that direction. The main reason that the Ranger Method does not work that well.
The following users liked this post:
03 Z-oh-6 (02-21-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 09:18 AM
03 Z-oh-6
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperVetteC5
The dirtiest fluid is going to be in the slave cylinder, that's where all the grunge comes from, it is also the lowest point, so all the solids are gonna fall that direction. The main reason that the Ranger Method does not work that well.
Ahhh, so the fluid in the master cylinder has nothing to do with the slave cylinder?
Old 02-21-2017, 09:30 AM
SuperVetteC5
Burning Brakes

Oh yeah, it's all the same system. Works just like the brake system, only instead of 4 slave cylinders (One on each wheel), you have one slave cylinder that disengages the clutch. The Master cylinder is the pump, pushing fluid to the slave cylinder.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:56 AM
03 Z-oh-6
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperVetteC5
Oh yeah, it's all the same system. Works just like the brake system, only instead of 4 slave cylinders (One on each wheel), you have one slave cylinder that disengages the clutch. The Master cylinder is the pump, pushing fluid to the slave cylinder.
So with the ranger method, you're flushing the master cylinder, but not really the slave?
Old 02-21-2017, 10:41 AM
SuperVetteC5
Burning Brakes

Kinda....you're really not flushing the master either with the Ranger Method. You're basically pulling all the fluid out of the reservoir and the line leading to the master. That's why you need to do it several times and pump the clutch 30 - 40 times in between, to circulate the fluid and move the junk around in the master and slave.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:16 PM
Rabbitman
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by radar502
I don't know the C-5 has been around for a lone time . I had to do lots of research to find the problem and read the old one was bad and they updated it ,can't remember were I read it but is lots of info out there its kinda old now but still reinvent today . The reason I looked into it a club member has a 2013 Z0-6 brought it new list $92,000 after about 3-4 mounts guess what ( Clutch peddle on floor ) YEP 2013 same BS . He changed his or GM changed his fixed ..So that's when I started looking in to the peddle on the floor deal and cane across the info .. It fixed mine.. I also took the clutch pedal spring off and never looked back .. Way better ..
What is the benefit of removing the clutch pedal spring
Old 02-21-2017, 10:30 PM
Rabbitman
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 03 Z-oh-6
So with the ranger method, you're flushing the master cylinder, but not really the slave?
From the little experience I have with this method it's about like changing the water in a 50 gallon aquarium taking it out with 1 bucket full first and then replacing it with a fresh bucket each time till it cleans up. Only with the aquarium it all at least gets mixed but the fish **** is still in the bottom of the tank.
Our stuff doesn't really get mixed that good or can trick you into thinking it has.
I'm right about where you are now wanting to flush mine before I have problems which luckily I don't have but my fluid looked terrible when I checked it. Did the Ranger thing 2 cycles and the fluid didn't look much dirtier after the first cycle, **** is still in there

Quick Reply: Strange clutch issue, please help...