Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show your DIY interior upgrades.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 12:43 PM
Witmer
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts

Nothing too fancy, but all mods are DIY. The interior leather items came from Interior Innovations or Redlinegoods. The items that may be a little outside of the box include wiring up a homelink transmitter to the vanity light in the sun visor and adding heated seats with buttons in the ash tray cut out.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:16 PM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Witmer
Nothing too fancy, but all mods are DIY. The interior leather items came from Interior Innovations or Redlinegoods. The items that may be a little outside of the box include wiring up a homelink transmitter to the vanity light in the sun visor and adding heated seats with buttons in the ash tray cut out.

Love the heated seats and homelink option. How did you do the seats?
Old 03-22-2017, 12:02 AM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 429 Likes on 398 Posts

I have been looking for a red stitch A4 shifter **** and steering wheel. My plain black **** doesn't look right with my new boot. My steering wheel is showing some age and might stand out with a new interior I like the parking brake handle too. Where did you find them?

Your interior has a nice clean look.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:12 AM
johnandsarah002
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 02
I have been looking for a red stitch A4 shifter **** and steering wheel. My plain black **** doesn't look right with my new boot. My steering wheel is showing some age and might stand out with a new interior I like the parking brake handle too. Where did you find them?

I am having both my auto **** and brake handle done right now by interior innovations. They should be here by next week. I had to ship them my auto **** to have it redone. I am having them do both in alcantera with tan stitching. Check dsv for steering wheels, they do a great job
The following users liked this post:
Rob 02 (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 04:00 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

In process of reinstalling DD Modded bezel, so overall pic not available, but her are a few details:

USAZR1 (10-14-2019)
Old 03-22-2017, 08:36 AM
Witmer
Racer

Originally Posted by 02BlownZ06
I bought the seat skins from Interior Innovations and new seat foam from Mid-America. I followed the instructions from Vette Essentials to replace it all myself. http://www.vetteessentials.com/instr...structions.htm

Originally Posted by Rob 02

I got the shift and e-brake ***** from Interior Innovations.
http://www.interior-innovations.com/...duct_detail/77

For the steering wheel cover, I used Redlinegoods.
Redline will send you the material for the ***** or the steering wheel and you then glue and stitch it yourself. I decided I did not want to sew my own steering wheel. They have an install option for $149. I bought a steering wheel core off of the forum, sent the core plus the cover to the Redline installer in NC, she mailed the completed wheel back to me. I had my local dealer swap the steering wheels. Then I resold my core on the forum to someone else who was doing the same thing.
http://www.redlinegoods.com/Steering...stallation.php

Vette Essentials is also good for steering wheels, but you have to provide a core.
Rob 02 (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 08:48 AM
irfangnosis
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The items that may be a littleoutside of the box include wiring up a homelink transmitter to the vanity lightin the sun visor and adding heated seats with buttons in the ash tray cut out.

What heat kit did you use? I cannot find a kit with pads small enough to fit the sport seats. Most of the china crap on ebay is way too big.

Last edited by irfangnosis; 03-22-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:01 AM
Witmer
Racer

Originally Posted by 02BlownZ06
Regarding heated seats...

I bought Rostra 250-1870 through ebay or a random vendor through a Google search. The kit provides all of the wires needed.

With the carpet out, I ran wires for heated seats. For power, I tapped into existing 10 amp fuses in the passenger foot well fuse box with ATM fuse taps (aka “add a circuit”). There are a number of fuses that would have worked with accessory power and I do not recall the exact fuse numbers but you can get the general idea from the picture.

I have active handling, so I could not locate the heater switches on the traction control panel. So, I decided to mount the switches in place of the ashtray. I used a switch plate designed by forum member “DanSavage”. If you Google “C5 corvette ashtray seat heater switch”, the first listing is for a vendor that will 3D print and ship this designed switch plate to you. The result is a factory-looking install.

Here is a picture of the switch plate and switches ready to go in (ignore the radio antenna adaptor).

The heating pads are installed between the foam and the seat skin. Here is a picture with one of the two seats finished. Notice the plugs hanging out the back of the new seat. Both plug into one adaptor and wire that runs to the switch plate.

Completed switches...
Old 03-22-2017, 09:08 AM
Witmer
Racer

What heat kit did you use? I cannot find a kit with pads small enough to fit the sport seats. Most of the china crap on ebay is way too big. [/QUOTE]

Rostra 250-1870
The length is made to be cut, but not the width. So if the heat pads are a little too long, you can trim them, no issues.
irfangnosis (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 04:34 PM
unlvrebel
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

What heat kit did you use? I cannot find a kit with pads small enough to fit the sport seats. Most of the china crap on ebay is way too big.
Rostra 250-1870
The length is made to be cut, but not the width. So if the heat pads are a little too long, you can trim them, no issues.[/QUOTE]

Looks like the various pricing is for one unit - +/- $60... Dennis at Double D sourced some from Metra that were close to that price for two... Work great!
Old 03-22-2017, 10:48 PM
C5R USA
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Ideals are peaceful...History is violent...St.Charles, MO.
Received 439 Likes on 228 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by SuperTom
I like those LED's

Did my whole interior DIY. Didn't do the stitching but the taking apart and gluing of the leather and cf vinyl wrapping. New thread coming soon as I add alcantara to certain pieces and change the red trim to a black trim.

For a DIY project Tom, I'd be hard pressed to rate another interior that's better. Truly, a superb job from all angles. Nice work!!
Old 03-23-2017, 12:20 AM
Lil Blue Coupe
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

verrrry nice

I'm likin' those visors, did you cover them or did you have them done?
I am considering that for mine when I do the seat covers

-M

Old 03-23-2017, 06:44 AM
SuperTom
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by C5R USA
For a DIY project Tom, I'd be hard pressed to rate another interior that's better. Truly, a superb job from all angles. Nice work!!
Thanks. Don't have $10K to spend on this stuff for those that send their stuff out. Not counting seats spent about a grand for all the pieces.

The first 2 pics are the most current with the tunnel switching to suede. Will have new door pieces soon with alcanatara centers
Old 03-23-2017, 07:46 AM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes the driver side fits. I will try to explain to you as I did to them

1st pic passenger side with no vent about 4"

2nd pic driver side about 6.5 " with vent

again they just reversed the driver side thinking it was the same dimensions on the passenger
I see what you mean now. I emailed JF about this. I think they are working on it. They asked me to see pictures of my doors and I couldn't understand why. I guess they may have had other complaints.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:51 AM
Witmer
Racer

Originally Posted by Lil Blue Coupe
verrrry nice

I'm likin' those visors, did you cover them or did you have them done?
I am considering that for mine when I do the seat covers

-M
The visor covers are actually just a simple leather wrap secured with Velcro. Search ebay for "Made for 97-04 Corvette C5 Leather Sunvisor Cover SKIN". The seller is "kar-designers". Price is $65.

I opened my original visors to wire up the homelink and to make the floppy ears more sturdy. Instead of trying to sew it back up professionally, I just causally hand sewed the visor back together and then bought the leather wrap to match the other leather pieces in my car.

Lil Blue Coupe (03-23-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 09:27 AM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

JF Customs contacted me this morning and apologized to me for the mistake on the passenger door fitment issue. They said they will send another one so it will be a week or so before I can start posting about my project.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Lil Blue Coupe
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks, I am not familiar with the kar-designers, another reason I love the forum, I learn new stuff everyday!

-M

The visor covers are actually just a simple leather wrap secured with Velcro. Search ebay for "Made for 97-04 Corvette C5 Leather Sunvisor Cover SKIN". The seller is "kar-designers". Price is $65.

I opened my original visors to wire up the homelink and to make the floppy ears more sturdy. Instead of trying to sew it back up professionally, I just causally hand sewed the visor back together and then bought the leather wrap to match the other leather pieces in my car.

Get notified of new replies

To Show your DIY interior upgrades.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:55 PM
C5R USA
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Ideals are peaceful...History is violent...St.Charles, MO.
Received 439 Likes on 228 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Thanks. Don't have $10K to spend on this stuff for those that send their stuff out. Not counting seats spent about a grand for all the pieces.

The first 2 pics are the most current with the tunnel switching to suede. Will have new door pieces soon with alcanatara centers

I hear you Tom. I don't have that kind of money either. Honestly, I would prefer to be able to install most of the items I purchase, being gone 6 weeks at a time traipsing across the country, and only home for a few days leaves me little choice but, to have someone else do the work for me or I'd never get a chance to unwind/relax.

Look forward to seeing your completed doors.

Take care,

Tom M.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:29 PM
Joepro95
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

corbeau evo x seats, redline goods arm rest cover, ebrake boot and handle, redline goods d ring steering wheel, and now redline good center console cover.

Tusc (04-18-2021)
Old 03-23-2017, 09:57 PM
SuperTom
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by C5R USA
I hear you Tom. I don't have that kind of money either. Honestly, I would prefer to be able to install most of the items I purchase, being gone 6 weeks at a time traipsing across the country, and only home for a few days leaves me little choice but, to have someone else do the work for me or I'd never get a chance to unwind/relax.

Look forward to seeing your completed doors.

Take care,

Tom M.
my work doesn't pay much but get a lot of vacation time. Take off a week each year to work on the interior of this

Quick Reply: Show your DIY interior upgrades.