Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Callaway Honker and Kooks or American Racing long tube headers...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 10:23 AM
Slo Yelo C5
Race Director

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Callaway Honker and Kooks or American Racing long tube headers...

On a 2000 with auto trans, will there be any issues with fitting American Racing or Kooks long tube headers with a Callaway Honker already on the car? I'm planning on the "basic" long tube header size (1 3/4"?).

Also, what is fit of American Racing vs. Kooks like? If the starter dies, will my mechanic be able to easily remove it even with headers?

Last question...I've heard 1997-2000 have some sort of air tube and Kooks headers do not require modification of the air tube. Do American Racing headers require modification of the air tube and if so, how big a deal is that?

Thanks for any help.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:58 AM
Slo Yelo C5
Race Director

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Slo Yelo C5
On a 2000 with auto trans, will there be any issues with fitting American Racing or Kooks long tube headers with a Callaway Honker already on the car? I'm planning on the "basic" long tube header size (1 3/4"?).

Also, what is fit of American Racing vs. Kooks like? If the starter dies, will my mechanic be able to easily remove it even with headers?

Last question...I've heard 1997-2000 have some sort of air tube and Kooks headers do not require modification of the air tube. Do American Racing headers require modification of the air tube and if so, how big a deal is that?

Thanks for any help.
Bump. Anybody know?

Quick Reply: Callaway Honker and Kooks or American Racing long tube headers...