Quick Jack

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 09:06 AM
VETTEC599
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Quick Jack

I am considering buying a Quick Jack! I am looking for opinions/experiences - good - bad - indifferent. There is enough room in my garage for one. Will use it for general mainence, detailing, etc. I have no real desire to go the jack/jack stand route; however, it is not out of the question. Our Vette is driven, not stored. At age 68 with arthritic shoulders and OCD - being able to sit on my stool to detail is a big positive!
Old 03-26-2017, 09:22 AM
mike48750
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

I love mine. I have the 12 volt version of the 5000. On nice days I set it up in the driveway just to be able to clean everything down low better. I am a little younger than you with the same arthritic problems and handle mine fine. Mike
Old 03-26-2017, 09:50 AM
Kj814fun
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I just got mine and picked my car up for the first time yesterday. It's going to work very well for the reason you described. I got on a creeper and rolled around underneath lots of room very happy well worth the money.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:51 PM
Fast one
Safety Car

Received 348 Likes on 220 Posts

Adding caster wheels and a handle to the pump assembly makes it easy to move around the garage and store the hoses.

I went to a junk yard and bought a Cadillac ATS seat, a frame was added with wheels. I can sit at the front of the seat to work on the car in comfort or relax on a break, a small motorcycle battery allows all the adjustments including the seat heater. The old stool in the photo was thrown out, it was like sitting on a rock and the wheels were too small.

Last edited by Fast one; 03-29-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:15 PM
GRAND SPORT GUY
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 237 Likes on 125 Posts

VETTEC599, thanks for the original post, I am 63, have the same arthritis issues, have a lift for my motorcycle, makes that detailing MUCH EASIER!

Fast one, thanks for the cool tips and photos.

After seeing this post, Quick-Jack's website, and some y**tube videos, I am ready to make my purchase of this great tool.

-Ray

Old 03-29-2017, 10:25 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,227 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

There have been a number of threads recently on the Quick Jack product. Use the forum search function, type in "Quick Jack" in the box and hit search. It will bring up a number of threads for you to look at.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:35 PM
gallonoffuel
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought I would add my experience so far, which hasn't been too great but the story isn't over yet. I ordered my 7000 2 weeks ago and the pump arrived broken. The process of getting a new pump has not been confidence inspiring. Left a voicemail, and submitted an online ticket. Had to call to get any status update, and they said I probably wouldn't get a new pump for 2 weeks after I reported the issue. So far I'm not super impressed with the service nor the communication. I figured ordering the product a month before my track day would give me plenty of time to set it up and learn how to use it, and get my prep done on the car. Now it looks like I might have to work out an interim solution, which will probably cost me money, while I'm waiting on my $1500 investment to become useful.

Edit on 4 April 2017:

Finally got someone on the phone to discuss my issue, and they cannot give me any indication when I will get a return shipping label or a new pump. The representative said 'its out of his hands' and that I have to wait for the shipping department to do something. My shipment was delayed because the one person they have doing warranty claims was out sick. The supervisor leaves work at 2:30pm so no help there. The next rep I got said its usually 1-2 weeks to approve an RMA and ship a label, then I ship back the pump, then they ship a new one.

This is one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had. Just hope that yours arrives intact.

Last edited by gallonoffuel; 04-03-2017 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Shipping update.

Get notified of new replies

To Quick Jack

Quick Reply: Quick Jack