Sponsored by:

Fuel pump and reverse lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 10:10 AM
takeittothemax
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump and reverse lights

I am currently working on my 1999 Corvette. To say it is being a pain in my butt is putting it mildly. It's always electrical as those that know know it well. It all started with my getting ready for spring which is a yearly ritual especially in Nova Scotia Canada I installed a set of HID lights last year and periodically they would fail to ignite and after some research I found that I need it to wiring harness with the Transformer. I hope them all up beautifully worked like a charm. Installed a new set of Michelin Pilot Tires and I reset all the TPMS. 3 years ago I installed an aftermarket stereo system that works fine other than the fact every time I turn the car off the stereo had to reload itself due to the fact that it is more computer than stereo so this year I decided to install a toggle switch so that every time I turned the car off it didn't turn stereo off. Everything seemed great finally getting rid of all the headaches that annoyed me with the car. I lowered the car down on the tires. When I start up the car I started to notice a few things. When I started the car the reverse light stayed on. If the shifter was in reverse it is a manual transmission by the way then the fuel pump would continue to run. If I started the car in reverse and let the clutch out the engine would die. I have been working at this for a few days. My first thought was the fuel pump was not running properly due to a dirty filter so I installed a new filter and the old filter did need replacing. The four wires going to the fuel pump the black blue and two Gray are very confusing . I did a voltage test on the blue wire which I think is the fuel level indicator and in start position I got 4.97 volt and in the running position I got 1.07 volts. I tested the grey wire and I didn't get any voltage on that one. Nor the other grey one.. I even took the fuel pump out to bench test it..it semed fine other than the fact when I installed it the fuel level doesn't work. I could really really use some advice.. after I realized that there were problems i unhooked the hid light as well as anything else that I did this year trying to pinpoint what was wrong. After I put the fuel pump back in tonight and tried it that's when I realized that the fuel level gauge does not work I'm not sure if it got pinched going into the tank that is the least of my concern at the moment. I also noticed that there is no communication between any of the modules in the computer system in the dash. Everything from my shocks are inoperable and when I tried to check to see if they were any codes every module is not communicating. This has me stumped and I am very mechanically minded
thanks for your time fingers crossed have a nice evening
Max

Quick Reply: Fuel pump and reverse lights