Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fair price to ask for my Z?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 02:24 PM
Roddy13
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 97 Posts

Shakey, the guy who posted that recently sold his C5 here, and I believe has left the forums. Not sure what his agenda was with his post but obviously shallow.

Lots of people like yellow, tail lights wouldn't stop me from buying a car, and the headers and CAI are a plus. Don't take his post too personally.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:56 PM
MKIVBB
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh I'm still here. And I'm far from a snowflake..... LOL. Take a look at my avatar....Not many snowflakes have a handful of NFA Tax Stamps.

I'm not trying to be rude either, I'm just blunt. I've seen you harshly criticize other people's car on this forum numerous times (which I agree with what you say about 99% of the time), so I was pretty shocked when I actually stumbled across your car's ad and saw what you had done to it. I've seen you say stuff like "too bad about those headlights" on ads where the owner did a horrific conversion to remove the pop up headlights, or make a negative comment about a body kit the person installed, etc - which I completely agree with you, they are hideous. So I was kind of stunned when I saw your car with mods similar to the ones you ragged on other people about (the wing, the tail lights, the yellow interior stuff, etc). Anyways, I just was being honest and figured you'd have thicker skin, especially since you dish out quite a bit of criticism to others.

And to answer your questions:

Yellow Z's sell for less 9 times out of 10. It's just not as desirable of a color. Not trying to offend, just stating the facts. Same principle as a Gallardo. While helping my friend find one, we would see that the yellow ones were consistently 10-15k cheaper than comparable cars that were black/silver/red/etc. I personally like the yellow ones, I'd definitely take one.

I/H/E are engine mods. You bolt them to the engine..... Not sure what your argument is there. Mods don't necessarily mean the car was abused, but they definitely do not add value.

LED ricer tail lights are not impressive. Makes the car look cheap. It's like when kids would altezza tail lights on Camry and think they were a tuner all of a sudden. No. Just leave the tail lights alone. They look good from the factory. If you MUST do something, maybe put LED bulbs in them to brighten them up.

And the yellow stuff in the interior speaks for itself.

I realize everyone has their own opinions and does what they want, etc. That's fine with me; it makes my stuff more desirable and worth more money.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:31 PM
unlvrebel
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
Not even positive I'm going to sell. But if I do, I'd be in no real hurry. But once I make up my mind, I probably won't want to sit on it for another six months either.

Looking on Autotrader for a 100 mile radius from me, there are only 7 2002-2004 Z06s listed. That might bode well for me.

Shakey
I think you've answered your own question. To borrow a phrase from real estate - EVERYTHING sells at the RIGHT PRICE. The corollary to that is how motivated are you?

Sounds like you aren't very motivated right now. Ask for more than it's worth. Someone might give it to you. When you get motivated, get serious with the price.

Talk to user Corpsman. He's looking...

Last edited by unlvrebel; 04-20-2017 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Add info.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:11 PM
Roddy13
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by MKIVBB
Oh I'm still here. And I'm far from a snowflake..... LOL. Take a look at my avatar....Not many snowflakes have a handful of NFA Tax Stamps.

I'm not trying to be rude either, I'm just blunt. I've seen you harshly criticize other people's car on this forum numerous times (which I agree with what you say about 99% of the time), so I was pretty shocked when I actually stumbled across your car's ad and saw what you had done to it. I've seen you say stuff like "too bad about those headlights" on ads where the owner did a horrific conversion to remove the pop up headlights, or make a negative comment about a body kit the person installed, etc - which I completely agree with you, they are hideous. So I was kind of stunned when I saw your car with mods similar to the ones you ragged on other people about (the wing, the tail lights, the yellow interior stuff, etc). Anyways, I just was being honest and figured you'd have thicker skin, especially since you dish out quite a bit of criticism to others.

And to answer your questions:

Yellow Z's sell for less 9 times out of 10. It's just not as desirable of a color. Not trying to offend, just stating the facts. Same principle as a Gallardo. While helping my friend find one, we would see that the yellow ones were consistently 10-15k cheaper than comparable cars that were black/silver/red/etc. I personally like the yellow ones, I'd definitely take one.

I/H/E are engine mods. You bolt them to the engine..... Not sure what your argument is there. Mods don't necessarily mean the car was abused, but they definitely do not add value.

LED ricer tail lights are not impressive. Makes the car look cheap. It's like when kids would altezza tail lights on Camry and think they were a tuner all of a sudden. No. Just leave the tail lights alone. They look good from the factory. If you MUST do something, maybe put LED bulbs in them to brighten them up.

And the yellow stuff in the interior speaks for itself.

I realize everyone has their own opinions and does what they want, etc. That's fine with me; it makes my stuff more desirable and worth more money.

Good luck with the sale.
Airing out laundy I see... Feel better muffin?
Old 04-20-2017, 07:20 PM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, if not, Mods please move.

Just toying with the idea of selling. 2004 MY Z with ~65K miles. I won't go into salesman mode here, but it's mostly stock with some add ons, the biggest being LT headers.

The market seems to be all over the place right now, but I am thinking 19-20K? Am I close or way off base?

Thoughts and/or constructive criticism always welcome.

Shakey
Surprised you are thinking of selling Shakey. I think that is a very good price on your car. Should sell relatively quick.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:42 PM
skatsuf
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Yellow z06

Originally Posted by bikeriderga
Surprised you are thinking of selling Shakey. I think that is a very good price on your car. Should sell relatively quick.
Your car looks in great shape Timing is everything when trying to sell a car. I think your car will sell between $22K and $24K . Don't pay attention to
negative comments from people with agendas. Fact is , it may take some
time to sell your car. As long as you aren't in some financial bind, hang in there.
As a reference, I just bought a 2002 Z06 back from the guy I sold it to
8 years ago. It was by luck that i found it. Paid $24K, it has approx 14,000 miles. When I sold it in 2009 it had 9500 miles on it.
Attached Images  
Old 04-21-2017, 05:19 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Sounds like you aren't very motivated right now. Ask for more than it's worth. Someone might give it to you. When you get motivated, get serious with the price.]

You wont know til you put it out there. Stock modded (some even list coolant as a mod LOL) doesnt matter somebody will want it

On appreciating strongly disagree; go to any forum everyone wants to believe that
Same ol thing "conditon" usually gets more than avg but as cars age they usually bring less

Good luck

Last edited by cv67; 04-21-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:07 PM
Shakeydeal
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 254 Posts

Thanks for all the kind advice. I have had a change of heart and decided to hang on to the car for a while longer. There was never a burning need to sell, even though the money could have been used for other things. I would probably miss the car more than I think. So for now, it stays.

Shakey

Quick Reply: Fair price to ask for my Z?