Sponsored by:

Totally Uncalled For, Bad Forum Member

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 09:46 AM
vete76
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Totally Uncalled For, Bad Forum Member

I have meet lots of nice people on this forum and 99% have been nice people! But there is this one jerk on here i think the forum should know about. I will not post his name.
I have been working with a gentleman from Florida who is interested in my 98 corvette I have for sale on the forum. Two weeks ago he won a 99 on ebay. It was a fantastic deal. 1 yr newer than mine and a little less money.
The next day the hurricane destroyed the car. Then he found another vette and asked this guy, I am discussing here, the same exact questions he asked me about my car. The following is his response to the gentleman I am currently dealing with, as a matter of fact, he and i have agreed that no matter if he buys my car or not, that when I go to my winter house in Florida we(him, me and our wives) will meet for dinner in ST. PETE! This guy is a real nice person and didn’t deserve the following response:
QUOTE"
Dude,

I wouldn't sell you the car if you were the only guy in the planet who wanted it. You are asking way too many question. Jesus man what is your problem. It's like you are trying to solve a murder case. If I sold you the car every little ping or squek or anything for that matter you would try to lower the price or you would never leave me alone about it. I have done business with people like you and it is NO FUN.

SORRY BUT YOU ARE TOO CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for looking,
END QUOTE" his exact e-mail.

Sorry for venting this but there is no call for people treating people like this here on our forum. Moderators, I want to thank you for making this a clean and enjoyable media for us. I hope by publishing the above I didn’t break any rules.
But I was a little upset.
fred

Hi! It is now sunday, the above was written on friday. my wife and i just had the extreme pleasure of meeting the above people from st pete! he called me friday night and ask if i could pick him & and his lovely wife up at syracuse airport sat because he wanted to buy my 98 and drive it home. i said yes, we picked them up, brought them to our home, instantly became friends. they stayed for an hour or 2 then we exchanged address, phone #'s and off went my car! they left at 4pm sat and called me sun at 4pm in st pete. said "my blue beast ran fine! got 28 mpg, averaged 67 mph went 1300 + miles. said they were tired but the car ran perfect, he thanked me again and made sure we new we had a dinner date with them when we go down this next time! we accepted! it doesn't get any better than this! C5's and friendship!

Last edited by vete76; 10-17-2004 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:54 AM
vmspionage
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like he's got something to hide
Old 10-15-2004, 09:56 AM
jjjflex
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people expect buyers to just take there word on all that they say. And any ?'s are almost an insult to them because,"I already told you the car is ALMOST perfect". I've delt with it to before.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:04 AM
JC in XTC5
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not very good at negotiating a deal, is he.

Some people are just a-holes.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:31 AM
csexton
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JC in XTC5

Old 10-15-2004, 10:37 AM
spiral04vette
Instructor

Location: Los Angeles I'm here for a good time, not a long time!

It sounds like the guy needs to hire a broker to sell his car, because questions will be asked if your going to spend a lot of money for something AND there is potential for failure in it.

Silly man, life is too short to treat others poorly or disrespectfully. See my life motto under my avatar if you don't know what I mean.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:42 AM
charlene
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by vete76
I have meet lots of nice people on this forum and 99% have been nice people! But there is this one jerk on here i think the forum should know about. I will not post his name.
I have been working with a gentleman from Florida who is interested in my 98 corvette I have for sale on the forum. Two weeks ago he won a 99 on ebay. It was a fantastic deal. 1 yr newer than mine and a little less money.
The next day the hurricane destroyed the car. Then he found another vette and asked this guy, I am discussing here, the same exact questions he asked me about my car. The following is his response to the gentleman I am currently dealing with, as a matter of fact, he and i have agreed that no matter if he buys my car or not, that when I go to my winter house in Florida we(him, me and our wives) will meet for dinner in ST. PETE! This guy is a real nice person and didn’t deserve the following response:
QUOTE"
Dude,

I wouldn't sell you the car if you were the only guy in the planet who wanted it. You are asking way too many question. Jesus man what is your problem. It's like you are trying to solve a murder case. If I sold you the car every little ping or squek or anything for that matter you would try to lower the price or you would never leave me alone about it. I have done business with people like you and it is NO FUN.

Thanks for looking,

Sorry for venting this but there is no call for people treating people like this here on our forum. Moderators, I want to thank you for making this a clean and enjoyable media for us. I hope by publishing the above I didn’t break any rules.
fred
Of course you would ask questions about something you are buying this guy must be a jerk and like the other forum member said he has something to hide like the car is maybe a piece of garbage..
Old 10-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Villain C5
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

I went throught the same thing with a Forum member "superhero" when looking into buying a set of headers. Its just a sign they are trying to hide something.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:50 AM
sxeC7
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'09-'10

He has every right not to sell his car, but with that attitude, I'd doubt that he ever will. Forget him and move on, there are plenty of other nice people to deal with.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:56 AM
Cajundude
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In 7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

He's hiding something. What a LOSER! If asked questions and they weren't answered, I would not buy. It is as simple as that. You ought to post the name so there is that little bit of chance that someone won't get burned buy buying this vehicle. Something is wrong.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:56 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

I already told you the car is ALMOST perfect".
know exactly what you mean. Define "almost"...

Old 10-15-2004, 12:01 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by csexton

Sounds like a real jerk. How about PM'ing his name to people who want to know about this azz clown?
Old 10-15-2004, 12:02 PM
BigYellow04
Intermediate

Almost... Was Like New before the Train Hit it, Now after Bubbas Body Shop has rebuilt her, she is ALMOST as good as new. there ya have it.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:14 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,673 Likes on 1,296 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Too bad that some folks have to be jerks!
Old 10-15-2004, 12:22 PM
KemahC5
Drifting

Recently sold my wife's Firebird Convertible. Buyer asked a ton of questions which tested my patience at times, but then again he is spending nearly $20,000. I feel, for that kind of an investment, we (sellers) need to take a deep breath, and, just talk about the car. That is one of things we like best to do anyway, isn't it? The person this thread is about is probably reluctant to tell all.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:28 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by vete76
QUOTE"
Dude,

Thanks for looking,

fred
I do not think there are any forum rules against posting his name...you are only telling the truth, right?...we want to know who it is...

post his name!
Old 10-15-2004, 12:28 PM
C'ing-Red01
Instructor

Get notified of new replies

To Totally Uncalled For, Bad Forum Member

Old 10-15-2004, 12:46 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 875 Likes on 587 Posts

Nah, let it slide, let the results speak for themselves....we don't know his issues, his problems, his gremlins.....
Old 10-15-2004, 12:52 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

I would probably be the opposite - I'd force the potential buyer to sit down with me for hours and hours and review in detail every single mod with every single receipt and piece of documentation I have. And that is a ton of stuff. It would be like someone trying to adopt one of my precious Chihuahuas. It could only go to the most qualified and caring owner.

Does anybody remember that episode of "Cheers" when Sam Malone "interviewed" the guy who wanted to buy his vette? That's me . . .

The subject of this thread does not understand vette owners one bit.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:55 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,226 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Sorry, but this guy must expect everyone to be very trusting. I know when I get ready to lay out a large sum of money, I ask questions to make sure I know exactly what I am getting into. If the seller doesn't like it, I walk away.

Quick Reply: Totally Uncalled For, Bad Forum Member