Sponsored by:

Headlight adjustment question

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 05:14 PM
Blowtorch
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headlight adjustment question

What kind of tool is required to turn the headlight adjuster screws? It's like a 5 or 6 pointed star pattern thing-a-majig. Does it have a name?

Also, I'm assuming the adjuster closest to the hole is for left/right adjustment and the one waaaaaay down in there (the one I need to adjust,naturally!) is for up and down?
Old 11-07-2004, 05:38 PM
jimbee
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The star shaped fasteners are Torx and are sized T-15, T-20, etc. Good idea to get a set from T-10 to T-30. As far as adjusting the headlights I always bring it in. Don't want to blind somebody and have them run into me!! Good luck!
Old 11-07-2004, 05:39 PM
USNA62
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blowtorch
What kind of tool is required to turn the headlight adjuster screws? It's like a 5 or 6 pointed star pattern thing-a-majig. Does it have a name?

Also, I'm assuming the adjuster closest to the hole is for left/right adjustment and the one waaaaaay down in there (the one I need to adjust,naturally!) is for up and down?
I believe you are talking about a Torx head screw. I don't know what size the headlight adjustment screws are though.

Old 11-07-2004, 11:19 PM
MyVetteDream
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: HOW FAST WAS I GOING OFFICER? Los Angeles Hating GM Dealership Service Dept.'s Since Sept. 2004
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

You can also use a 7mm rachet. I liked it better than the torx head ... it won't strip the head. Just my .02

Get notified of new replies

To Headlight adjustment question

Quick Reply: Headlight adjustment question