Sponsored by:

Fixing A Broken Driver's Side Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 12:47 PM
RedeyeJK
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fixing A Broken Driver's Side Mirror

I have a 1998 Corvette. Came out one day and the tension spring inside the mirror assembly had broken so now the entire mirror assembly can rotate 360 degrees. The dealer wants to charge several hundred dollars to fix the mirror and then more money to paint the mirror assembly to match the rest of the car. My car is a rather rare color for 1998 so I'd rather not have to go through all this.

I remembered several weeks/months ago someone talking about a place where you could send the broken mirrors to and they would fix them. You'd pull the mirror assembly off yourself, mail it to this business, and they would fix assembly. This way you didn't have to get anything painted and could use your original parts. However, I can't find the contact information for this person or business or the process I'll need to go through. Does anyone know whom this is or how to begin?

The car is down for the winter right now so I'd like to try to get the mirror fixed before it warms back up and the convertible calls to me again. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:54 PM
atl97vette
Pro

Location: You want HOW much for that Corvette part??? Atlanta GA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You want to call Ed Swaneck @ 330-783-0083 ext. 15. He fixes the side mirror so it won't break again. It will swivel like it did from the factory but he rebuilds it so it's tighter than original. Stand-up guy to deal with. You will have to remove your old mirror and send it to him. He will keep it a couple days and send it back to you. I think he charges $60 for the job (including shipping the mirror back to you.) He even polishes the mirror up for you. Good luck.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:02 PM
csexton
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This forum ROCKS!!
Old 12-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Vector
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atl97vette
You want to call Ed Swaneck @ 330-783-0083 ext. 15. He fixes the side mirror so it won't break again. It will swivel like it did from the factory but he rebuilds it so it's tighter than original. Stand-up guy to deal with. You will have to remove your old mirror and send it to him. He will keep it a couple days and send it back to you. I think he charges $60 for the job (including shipping the mirror back to you.) He even polishes the mirror up for you. Good luck.

Ed's done both of mine - about 4 months apart! Strongly recommend.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:42 AM
RedeyeJK
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thanks for all the help

Thanks everyone for all the help. It'll be good to get the car back on the road in the spring with the mirror the way it's supposed to be. Thanks again...

Get notified of new replies

To Fixing A Broken Driver's Side Mirror

Quick Reply: Fixing A Broken Driver's Side Mirror