Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5's at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 02:59 PM
paceace
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C5's at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale?

There is a 2003 C5 that was built to match a 1953! They matched VIN's and interior color!!! They are being sold as a matched pair. Who do you have to know to get that done?

From their web site:

EVERY GENERATION CORVETTE AVAILABLE AT NO RESERVE DURING BARRETT-JACKSON AUCTION

Distinctive One of One and Rare Matching Pair Highlight Eclectic Group

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., January 5, 2005 – A group of collectible Chevrolet Corvettes, including some of rarest models ever built by GM, will take center stage at the Barrett-Jackson Auction. Every generation of America’s sports car will all be available at no reserve at the 34th Annual Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction scheduled for Jan. 25th –30th at WestWorld in Scottsdale.

“Our Scottsdale auction is recognized as a barometer for trends and market values within the collector car world,” said Craig Jackson, president of the Barrett-Jackson Auction Company. “Over the past few years, American built sports cars and muscle cars have been attracting enormous popularity. This year’s group of premium Corvettes, all at no reserve, demonstrate why the Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction has become the premier annual auction event in the collectable and classic car industry.”

Perhaps the most exclusive available Corvette is a 1958 “one of one” Francis H. Scott-designed “Hide Away Hard Top” flip top convertible. The 245 horsepower concept car was the culmination of over 3,200 hours of work by the famed General Motors designer. This dream Corvette has competed in prestigious events like the Bloomington Gold Special Collection XIII, Corvettes at Carlisle, McDorman's Corvette Show, NCRS National Convention and the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. Included with the winning bid in the no reserve auction will be the fully documented history of this pristine, one of a kind American sports car.

“This is the best selection of Corvettes we’ve ever had at Barrett-Jackson, which will give bidders the opportunity to select from some of the rarest cars ever built,” added Steve Davis, Senior Executive Vice President of the Barrett-Jackson Auction Company. “For example, we have a 1963 split rear window model owned by Nicolas Cage and an extremely rare 1968 427/435 horsepower L-89. We also have an ultra-rare 1969 Baldwin Motion Phase III GT, which is one of only ten in existence, as well as the wonderful Francis Scott Corvette. This dream car is truly a marvel of automotive design and engineering, and will make one lucky bidder an extremely happy person.”

Another one of the highlights will be a set of rare, VIN-matching Chevrolet Corvettes that were purchased through an exclusive agreement with the National Corvette Museum and General Motors. As a result of this partnership, the 2003 Vette was given the matching VIN and colors to the owner’s original 1953 Corvette. The white on red leather inside the newer model is the only such combination in a 50th Anniversary Corvette. These two siblings will leave Barrett-Jackson as a pair with one pleased Corvette enthusiast.

The Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction is scheduled from Wednesday, Jan. 26th to Sunday, Jan. 30th, 2005, with the new Gala night taking place Jan. 25th, at WestWorld in Scottsdale. This year’s banner event will include 900+ quality collector cars offered at no reserve, an additional fifth auction day along with new activities, a luxury lifestyle pavilion and a host of celebrities. The Barrett-Jackson Auction, presented by Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep, will be aired on the SPEED Channel Network live, and will consist of 24-hours of prime time coverage.

About Barrett-Jackson
Established in 1971, Barrett-Jackson specializes in providing products and services to classic and collector car owners, astute collectors and automotive enthusiasts worldwide. The company produces the “World’s Greatest Classic Car Auction” in Scottsdale, Ariz., and has expanded to other venues including Palm Beach, Florida and Southern California. For more information, visit www.barrett-jackson.com or call (480) 421-6694.

###

Media Contacts
Person: Scott Black
Agency: TimePiece PR
Phone: (214) 520- 3430 ext. 303
Email: sblack@timepiecepr.com
Old 01-19-2005, 03:16 PM
l2vette
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 167 Posts

I will be there...I can't wait!!
Old 01-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,230 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Wish I could go see the auction - would be nice to see what some of these fine cars bring.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:20 PM
bangbgC6
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by paceace
There is a 2003 C5 that was built to match a 1953! They matched VIN's and interior color!!! They are being sold as a matched pair. Who do you have to know to get that done?
The car is the 1953 Commemorative Edition Corvette. They are available from Advanced Automotive Technologies, Rochester Hills, MI

http://www.aatcars.com/

You can purchase them in a variety of ways.

Old 01-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Davesredvette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going too, can't wait!!!! Every year I watch on TV and say "I wish I was there". This year I found cheap airfare and I'm going.....
Old 01-19-2005, 08:11 PM
YorkL8apex
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't wait, my first trp to BJ

Its about 20degrees in VA and snowing....1000 cool cars, 70degree weather in Scottsdale, man is it Saturday yet
Old 01-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,402 Likes on 610 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by JDs00PewterCoupe
Wish I could go see the auction - would be nice to see what some of these fine cars bring.
Speed Network shows this auction each year and every year their coverage seems to be better and better.

This year they are planning on showing almost the entire auction, so I've heard.

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/107/
Old 01-19-2005, 09:11 PM
fixvet
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me and a buddy from here in San Diego are driving over on Friday 1/28 in my C5. We'll go to the auction all day Sat. It'll be our first time.

Where are you all staying? We haven't decided yet.
I hope to hell it's not raining that weekend.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:33 PM
tommyn
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

The matching Vin 53/03 vettes were at the anniversary party in Tennessee. Nice combo. There will be many forum members at this years Barrett. There was talk of meeting up. You may want to watch this threads:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=981799

And also the Southwest section:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=987886
TommyN

Get notified of new replies

To C5's at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale?

Quick Reply: C5's at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale?