Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

***** FREE shipping on Piaa 1100X lamps!!! *****

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 11:07 PM
'04 Z06 Rocket
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel
PIAAs came in before the weekend

Installed them yesterday. Looked at some old installations on the web and decided that I would remove the headlight housing instead of attacking it from the bottom. I found it much easier to take out the old fogs and install the new ones. Running the harness was then the hardest part and that was not too bad after finding the fog light wire and using a quick splicer to attach the PIAA to it.

Overall it takes some time to do if you want to run the wires correctly, but outside of that it is not too complicated.

I will post pics tonight in C5 Tech to show what I did to remove the headlight housing.

Now I just need to figure out how to angle them correctly and I am on my way...

BTW - they are bright

I agree, I did it the same way through the top after removing the headlight surrounds. My only problem is aiming them too, but they are super bright!
Old 10-10-2006, 02:31 AM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Black 79
Tuan:
Do you have any white bulbs for the turn signals? I have clear lenses and the stock bulbs look brownish in parking light mode. Bright 'driving light mode' is OK, but would like something brighter and whiter that won't melt the housings. I would change the tail light bulbs if they would work there too.
Thanks - David.
David,

Hi David. As soon as I can find the service manual, I will lookup the bulbs type and see if we have it.

-Tuan
Old 11-14-2006, 07:36 PM
jdgun_0013
Racer

If this offer still going?

i am having some serious lighting issues and figure the foglights would be a good upgrade till i spring for the HID set-up..

cost and is shipping included?
Old 11-14-2006, 07:40 PM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by vntperformance
Tuan,

I just ordered the brackets, do you still offer free shipping; cause I was charged shipping, my paypal address is: vntperformance@hotmail.com

Thanks!
Hi,

Yes, free shipping is still available for the Piaa 1100X lamp kit and any other accessories purchased together at the same time. The system doesn't apply the free shipping offer to your order because you only purchased the bracket kit.

The order will be processed and shipped out within 24hrs. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. I appreciate your business.

Thank you
-Tuan

Originally Posted by jdgun_0013
If this offer still going?

i am having some serious lighting issues and figure the foglights would be a good upgrade till i spring for the HID set-up..

cost and is shipping included?
Yes, the free shipping offer is still valid. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Thanks
-Tuan
Old 11-29-2006, 02:35 PM
Miguels
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTT for someone looking.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:43 PM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Miguels
TTT for someone looking.
Thanks Miguels.

All orders have been processed and shipped out. You guys should have it within a few days.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

These things are amazing... Here are some pics of my setup

Old 11-30-2006, 08:28 PM
fastazzss
Racer

Those look great, just might haveto get me a pair of them
Old 11-30-2006, 10:37 PM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,247 Likes on 1,668 Posts

hi tuan.

i was looking thru your website and noticed the piaa P-9000 ring lamps.

can you tell me how they compare to the 1100x lamps?

i already have a set of 1100x on the car, but one of the bulbs is out. i am debating if i should get a replacement bulb or try the P-9000 out...i think they look pretty sweet.

i noticed the difference in the degrees of light spread, is it really a big deal?

also, can you tell me if the ring lights up seperately from the bulb?

if they are independent of each other, will they work with the OEM c5 fog switch?

thanks.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Red Gump
Race Director

any package discounts tuan? I need to outfit the racecar asap.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:08 PM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

Check your email.

Cheers
-Tuan
Old 12-16-2006, 09:56 PM
cosmictrucker
Advanced

Default 1100x or P-1000xt

I too have been disappointed in the lack of light output from the stock C5 fog lights. Even after purchasing brighter bulbs, the stock units simply don't cut it.

I noticed the Piaa P-1000XT Platinum Xtreme White units listed for $169.95 and seem to have a higher light output than the 1100X Platinum Super White $174.95 units.

Will the P-1000XT units mount, install and work as well or even better than the 1100X units?
Old 12-17-2006, 02:29 PM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cosmictrucker
Will the P-1000XT units mount, install and work as well or even better than the 1100X units?
Due to the dimension differences between two lamp kits, the stock fog lamp brackets and the mounting bracket kit will not work with the Piaa P-1000XT lamp kit.

-Tuan
Old 12-19-2006, 03:51 PM
cmeflyby
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Alhambra Calismognazifornia, in the country everyone comes just to complain but won't go back home!

Hey Tuan,
time for more replacement bulbs for my 1100x, man i've had bad luck with them...can't find them on the website though, could you point me to them?

thanks.
-Rick

edit-
haha, never mind. i went back and did a search on "1100x" and the replacement bulb popped up
Old 02-01-2007, 06:59 PM
mythirdwish
Instructor

Default Splice OE fog lamp take-outs?

Installing my new fog lamps tomorrow ...Question... Rather than splice into my fuse terminal, can I just put the PIAA connectors on the stock harness? I think that the OE system has a relay to protect the switch on the I-Panel....I have'nt heard of that being done or did I miss it somewhere?
Old 02-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Black C5 Z06
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Tuan, I have a 2002 Z06. How might I wire it to an OEM switch(I can get one at my local dealership)? Also, is there some way that I can make it to where they stay on with the high beams on also? Thanks!!
Also, is the Z06 already wired for Fog Lamps or would I have to wire the whole system?

P.S. Is free shipping still available?

Last edited by mitsubishi_freak8; 02-02-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Spikehorn
Instructor

Is the free shipping only for the 1100x light packages? How much for shipping some 9005 bulbs?

Get notified of new replies

To ***** FREE shipping on Piaa 1100X lamps!!! *****

Old 02-02-2007, 02:08 AM
Tommy/50thVette
Instructor

Hi ! Tuan, how much those(pr)1100X PIAA cost ? and do you have a direction 2installin its.

Tommy Trinhllm
Old 02-02-2007, 07:56 AM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by mythirdwish
Installing my new fog lamps tomorrow ...Question... Rather than splice into my fuse terminal, can I just put the PIAA connectors on the stock harness? I think that the OE system has a relay to protect the switch on the I-Panel....I have'nt heard of that being done or did I miss it somewhere?
Old 02-05-2007, 11:41 PM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

Hi guys,

I'm so sorry about the late respond. For some odd reasons, the new post/message notification email doesn't always work so I won't know about any new posts in this thread.

Here we go.....if I miss anything, please shoot me a quick email at sales@mvpautoparts.com and I will get you taken care of.

Originally Posted by mythirdwish
It is strongly recommended that you should use the included Piaa wiring harness. The main reason is that the Piaa lamps do draw more current than the stock fog lamps. This is why they include that thick wiring harness with the lamp kit.

But instead of messing with the fuse box, you can use splice the relay wire into the stock fog lamp harness instead. The relay wire on the Piaa harness is what actually turn off/off the lamps. This configuration, the lamps are still drawing power via the Piaa wiring harness, directly from the battery.

Originally Posted by mitsubishi_freak8
Hey Tuan, I have a 2002 Z06. How might I wire it to an OEM switch(I can get one at my local dealership)? Also, is there some way that I can make it to where they stay on with the high beams on also? Thanks!!
Also, is the Z06 already wired for Fog Lamps or would I have to wire the whole system?

P.S. Is free shipping still available?
Yes, the Piaa 1100X lamp kit still has free shipping within the continental states. http://www.mvpautoparts.com/product....=16760&cat=384

As for the OEM switch, just remove your current trunk switch and plug in the new trunk/fog switch. The car is already prewired for fog lamps.

Originally Posted by Spikehorn
Is the free shipping only for the 1100x light packages? How much for shipping some 9005 bulbs?
Free S/H is only for the Piaa 1100X lamp kit. But if you purchase the bulbs at the same time, I will have them shipped out together with the lamp kit for free. (Our system still show s/h charge for the bulbs. Just paste my post here into the comment area of your order and I will have the S/H removed when your order comes in. )

Originally Posted by Tommy/50thVette
Hi ! Tuan, how much those(pr)1100X PIAA cost ? and do you have a direction 2installin its.

Tommy Trinhllm
Hi Tommy. You can purchase the Piaa 1100X directly from our webstore here. http://www.mvpautoparts.com/product....=16760&cat=384 It's $179.95 with free S/H to anywhere within the continental states. As for the install, send me a quick email and I'll reply with the PDF install file attached.

Have a good night, guys.

Quick Reply: ***** FREE shipping on Piaa 1100X lamps!!! *****