Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

Electrochromic mirror

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 04:59 PM
T-TOP TOM
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Electrochromic mirror

I need a Electrochromic mirror to replace a damaged outside one on my 2001. How do you tell if one is an Electrochromic one or not? Do they make a Electrochromic mirror that doesn't have the memory features in it? I just need to know how to tell difference and be able to tell seller how to check to know for sure what they have if they aren't sure of what they have for sale. When I called dealership parts dept. they had to have VIN# to tell me price of replacement mirror. Any help with information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:09 PM
tlgarst
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The whole mirror assembly from GM paint to match is 12455610 I just had to get one. You cannot just get the electro glass. Here are some pic's the mirror has 2 connectors one is a 8 pin and one is a 4 pin.
I bought a used mirror and snapped out the glass asm and put it into mine. Be cafefull it's plastic
TG
Connectors

housing

Back of electro mirror

Last edited by tlgarst; 03-01-2008 at 08:33 PM. Reason: add pictures
Old 03-01-2008, 09:27 PM
T-TOP TOM
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks tlgarst, Your photos are a great help. Your mirror in photos does it have the memory feature also? Answers like yours is what I really love about this forum. People sharing experiences, knowledge, and short cuts can save others a lots of money and time. Thank again, Tom
Old 03-01-2008, 09:36 PM
mjohnson68
Racer

Ill add to it as well.... I had the same problem and of course the stealership wants 600.00 for the assembly...... I found a used mirror that did NOT have the memory option on it and it works well. The major issue I have is that everytime I unlock the doors using the remote (which of course sets all the memory options) the mirror tilts to the bottom and I have to re-adjust it when I get into the car...... What a pain in the ***..... Make sure if your car has the memory option on it get a mirror with the correct memory option as well.....

Just my 2 cents worth.....

Old 03-02-2008, 10:10 AM
odellintulsa
Instructor

My used mirror has the memory option, just no glass so if you have the glass it would work. Ill sell it cheap.

Get notified of new replies

To Electrochromic mirror

Quick Reply: Electrochromic mirror