Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

***Z06 C5 Titanium Exhaust For Sale!! ***

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 03:55 AM
Z06Fanatic
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Z06 C5 Titanium Exhaust For Sale!! ***

Hello all, Switched out my stock exhaust for an aftermarket recently and have my stock TI Exhaust for sale now.
I live in LA County and willing to deliver 30 miles from my address (Commerce, CA).

Was removed from a professional shop in Orange County.
Exhaust was removed at 15,600 miles

Don't want to deal with shipping, so I'm starting this out as a LOCAL SALE ONLY. If I don't find a buyer, I will look into how much it would cost to ship to add to price.

PRICE: $375.00

Best way to inquire is to reply to this post

Found this on the Internet
==Titanium Exhaust==

The 26-pound titanium muffler and tailpipe assembly of the Z06 replaces the 44-pound [[stainless steel]] system used in the base-model C5. That 41% weight savings directly translates into improved performance: faster acceleration, better handling, higher cornering speeds, shorter braking distances, and increased fuel economy. In addition, titanium's natural resistance to corrosion and durability give the exhaust system of the Z06 a virtually unlimited life span.

The Arvin design addresses the differences between titanium and stainless steel, including characteristics such as springback, vibration and resonance frequency. New muffler components were custom-developed for titanium fabrication, and a unique acoustic tone to meet GM sound requirements. To meet both performance and production rate demands, TIMET and Arvin collaborated to develop a new "exhaust grade" of commercially pure titanium. Special surface conditioning allows efficient fabrication to help meet the cost criteria set by GM for the use of titanium on a performance car. The titanium system is as strong as the equivalent steel system, but weighs substantially less.

Titanium has a natural oxide layer that provides immunity to external corrosion from road salts, as well as to internal corrosion from sulfur-rich engine exhaust. The system will experience no pitting or rusting, even at the welds. Corrosion immunity also means that the exhaust is designed with no trade-off to the weight savings; in a production vehicle, the system will far outlast anything made of stainless steel, resulting in fewer warranty claims and increased customer satisfaction. When titanium emerged as the solution to the GM performance challenges, the manufacturing technology to produce titanium mufflers in mass-market quantities didn't exist. Working with TIMET to optimize an exhaust grade of titanium, Arvin successfully adapted its stainless steel stamping, bending, cold forming and welding methods to accommodate the structural differences between stainless steel and titanium. New testing and computer models were also developed to ensure GM durability requirements were met. Titanium is environmentally sound. It is completely inert, non-toxic, 100% recyclable, and its production leaves no harmful by-products. Titanium does not degrade or release anything into the air, water, or ground.

To create the distinctive Z06 exhaust outlet scoop, Arvin developed new technology to cut the metal on an angle and curl it on a tight radius. Further showcasing the unique look, titanium's oxide film takes on shimmering tones of blues, purples, and golds as exhaust raises the temperature of the pipes. These colors evidence and enhance titanium's natural corrosion resistance. Finally, to produce the singular Corvette exhaust resonance, Arvin designed a new internal muffler configuration and used advanced acoustic techniques to tune the muffler.

Last edited by Z06Fanatic; 09-10-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:04 AM
Z06Fanatic
Instructor

NEGOTIABLE - SUBMIT ALL OFFERS
Old 09-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Z06Fanatic
Instructor

Price reduced
Old 09-11-2008, 12:28 AM
jwd1011
Instructor

Default Interested

Hello, I am in santa clarita. I am interested in your z06 exhaust. How do we go about this. I am new here.
Thanks, Joe
661-618-3512

Last edited by jwd1011; 09-11-2008 at 01:06 AM. Reason: added more
Old 09-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Z06Fanatic
Instructor

Originally Posted by jwd1011
Hello, I am in santa clarita. I am interested in your z06 exhaust. How do we go about this. I am new here.
Thanks, Joe
661-618-3512
I will call you today, thanks!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Z06Fanatic
Instructor

SOLD!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:30 AM
jwd1011
Instructor

To me!
Thanks Alex, can't wait to get them on. May be on by tomorrow afternoon! It was nice meeting you.

Get notified of new replies

To ***Z06 C5 Titanium Exhaust For Sale!! ***

Quick Reply: ***Z06 C5 Titanium Exhaust For Sale!! ***