Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Ipod/Iphone install kits, wireless transmitters, mounts, chargers anything you need!

Old 03-02-2010, 08:21 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Triple Black 04
I have a 04 with factory head unit, with CD . Which product do i need for Ipod and does it charge Ipod as well while in use ?
You will need the pxdp and pxhgm4 to connect to the head unit if no cd changer
http://www.doubledmods.com/Periphera...ter-ipodc5.htm
I wasnt sure it you mean cd as in the radio itself or not

if you do have a changer use the pxdp/ pxhgm2 option
http://www.doubledmods.com/Periphera...ipipodghm2.htm
Old 03-02-2010, 08:22 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Triple Black 04
Does your unit also charge the Ipod while in use ?

this will charge the ipod as well
Old 03-02-2010, 08:24 PM
minitech
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Question for IPOD gurus:

I had a 30 GB IPOD in my console. It stays in there for months and it charges itself from the Pioneer IPOD module for my Z3.

I got an IPOD Touch, like an IPhone but no calling, just the apps and IPOD capability. This won't charge with my setup. It even has a message saying it won't charge. Is there a converter cable or adapter to allow this to charge? Anyone know how to do it. I'd rather just leave it in there and not take it out to charge every few days.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:30 PM
doje
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by minitech
Question for IPOD gurus:

I had a 30 GB IPOD in my console. It stays in there for months and it charges itself from the Pioneer IPOD module for my Z3.

I got an IPOD Touch, like an IPhone but no calling, just the apps and IPOD capability. This won't charge with my setup. It even has a message saying it won't charge. Is there a converter cable or adapter to allow this to charge? Anyone know how to do it. I'd rather just leave it in there and not take it out to charge every few days.
Yeah, the old ipod stuff has the charger in a different (location?) from the new stuff. The old cables will work for data, but not for charging. I KNOW someone makes an adapter to allow the new stuff to work on the old cables, but I can't remember where I saw it.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Triple Black 04
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c5 BearsFan
You will need the pxdp and pxhgm4 to connect to the head unit if no cd changer
http://www.doubledmods.com/Periphera...ter-ipodc5.htm
I wasnt sure it you mean cd as in the radio itself or not

if you do have a changer use the pxdp/ pxhgm2 option
http://www.doubledmods.com/Periphera...ipipodghm2.htm
Ordering one today, thanks for info !!
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 AM
timmmmay
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any photos of what this setup looks like installed? IE: Where'd you put your iPhone or iPod - and how you control it whilst driving?

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Crackberry
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Going to buy but have some questions

First of all, Great price on this unit.
My question is I have an 80gb Ipod not sure what gen but I plan on using the kit that takes the place of the 12 disc changer and plugs into the back of the radio my question is will this charge my Ipod or am I one of the retarded ones that needs to upgrade my Ipod as well?

Last edited by Crackberry; 03-08-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Tuner1
4th Gear

Originally Posted by doje
Yeah, the old ipod stuff has the charger in a different (location?) from the new stuff. The old cables will work for data, but not for charging. I KNOW someone makes an adapter to allow the new stuff to work on the old cables, but I can't remember where I saw it.
The first senond and third gen Ipods and the iPhone 2G used the Firewire connection for charging. The newer models use the USB charging leads. Any older firewire connector type can be upgraded to charge via USB with this device:
http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-passPO.../dp/B001HN6CVA

From what I read, this unit for sale by the OP will charge everything via USB
Old 03-09-2010, 03:35 PM
jaypizzles Z06
Instructor

Has anyone bought the Wifi kit yet? interested is buying but need more info..it comes with the remote but can i still control it from my ipod? can i still browse through my collection on the ipod or i cant leave the screen cuz its tune to the radio?
Old 03-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Tuner1
4th Gear

Ordered mine last night, no shipping info yet.....will advise when installed.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:35 PM
WowGuyZ06
Racer

Hey Dennis, I received my order confirmation, but no shipping info....
Old 03-08-2013, 03:31 PM
chuck1992
Heel & Toe

I don't want this to mess up my corvette value and will it mess up the dash and or will there be any holes or anything like that if i decide to get the iPhone and iPod connector to the back of my corvette thanks
Old 03-08-2013, 04:50 PM
grunz95
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
DOUBLE D MODS

ALL of your Ipod & Iphone needs right here for you to use/play your devices on your current stereo. Aftermarket or Stock add tunes today!

C5/C6 Install Kits
Wireless Transmitters
Mounting Hardware
Charging Power Packs

Dont see what you need, send a message and I will see what I can get you.

C5 INSTALL KIT
You have two options for installing an Ipod/Iphone in your C5. First option is the PXDP/PXHGM4 kit which will allow you to plug n play into the back of your factory radio. Removal of bezel and radio for this option required.
Second option is the PXDP / PXHGM2 which will allow you to unplug your factory cd changer and plug the new pieces into the harness. After a few minutes of install time, run your cord to desired location and your ready to use your Ipod or Iphone.

$89.99
all day everyday for the C5 kits!

C6 INSTALL KIT
C6 CORVETTE PAC PXAMG/PGHGM5 05-09 Ipod/Iphone install kit

The PXAMG directly connects your iPod to your radio allowing you to browse your music, by Artist, Album, Genre, and Playlist from the radio controls. This direct connection eliminates the need for FM modulated solutions, and also keeps the iPods internal battery charged.

$139.99

ISIMPLE WIRELESS
TRANSMITTERS
use these in any car!

WiFLI
Enjoy the Fun, Safety and Convenience of Wireless iPod Docking The iSimple® WiFli™ is a wireless docking system that places control of your iPod or iPhone at your fingertips. Simply place the WiFli Remote where you want it, connect the WiFli Node, tune in your radio and you’re ready to rock. Plus, the WiFli offers cool features like iPod / iPhone browsing on RDS capable stereos. •Compatible with any home or car radio •Wireless control of iPod or iPhone via remote •Advanced features available on radios featuring RDS •PürSound™ and dTECT™ technologies deliver superior performance •Mini-USB car charger keeps your iPod / iPhone charged and ready to go •WiFli App available for iPhone and iPod touch users Plug-and-play – installs in seconds

$89.99

Jamkast iP
Your iPod Music in the Car, at Home or…Anywhere! Possibly the most advanced iPod / iPhone FM transmitter available, the iSimple® JamKast™ iP uses patented PürSound™ and dTECT™ technology to deliver the clearest playback possible, plus it displays iPod / iPhone song information on any radio featuring RDS. •Compatible with any FM radio •Programmable tuner with easy-to-read backlit LED •PürSound™ and dTECT™ technologies deliver superior performance •Mini-USB car charger keeps your iPod / iPhone ready to go •“Now Playing” info displayed radios featuring RDS Plug-and-play - installs in seconds

$69.99

Jamkast
WORKS WITH ZUNE, Blackberry!
Jam Out from any Portable Device While On the Go The iSimple® JamKast™ makes listening to music from an iPod, Zune, Zen, BlackBerry or portable media player as easy as 1-2-3. Just plug the JamKast into your media player, activate the dTECT™ technology to find a clear frequency, tune your car stereo and you’re ready to roll. •Programmable tuner with easy-to-read backlit LED •dTECT™ technology locates best frequency for playback •24k gold plated connectors ensure best possible sound •Slick aesthetic matches any vehicle interior Plug-and-play – installs in seconds

$54.99

ON THE GO CHARGING SYSTEMS
never run out of power again!

PROVOLT
Stylish Protection and Extended Battery Life for your iPhone A must have for the busy iPhone owner, the iSimple® ProVolt™ is an auxiliary battery pack that provides up to 24 hours of extended use for your iPhone 3G or 3GS. Its lightweight, ergonomic design and professional look make the ProVolt perfect for use just about anywhere . •Supports battery charging on the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS •SoftTouch finish offers protection and stylish looks •Lightweight, compact design can be carried anywhere conveniently •Adds up to 24 hours to the battery life of your iPhone •Lithium ion battery recharges quickly via iPhone docking connection When not in use, ensure the red LED on the IS715 is not lit. The IS715 will save the remaining power for later use. Plug-and-play – installs in seconds

$45.99

GoVolt
It always seems to happen: your portable phone is about to go dead and you’re nowhere near a home or car charger. With an iSimple® GoVolt™ you just plug in your iPod, iPhone, PDA or cell phone, and in minutes your battery will be full and ready to go. •Supports battery charging on most phones from: ◦Apple ◦Blackberry ◦LG ◦Motorola ◦HTC ◦Samsung ◦Nokia •Charges all dockable iPod models •Lightweight, compact design can be carried anywhere conveniently •Charges most devices in less than 15 minutes •Lithium ion battery recharges quickly and easily via mini-USB charger Plug-and-play – installs in seconds

$29.99

StrongHold Ipod and Iphone Mount
Unique Mount for Today’s Hottest iPod and iPhone Models The iSimple® StrongHold™ securely mounts today’s newest and hottest iPod or iPhone models to your car’s dashboard, console or wherever you choose. Designed with safety and convenience in mind, the StrongHold allows you to view song info and maps without distracting you from the road. •Includes mounting cradles for the: ◦iPhone 3G / iPhone 3GS ◦iPod touch (2nd gen, 3rd gen) ◦iPod nano (4th gen, 5th gen) •Super-adhesive pad that ensures a firm grip to any flat surface •Unique “Z” design allows you to view song info and maps safely •Sturdy, reliable construction withstands even the roughest of rides •Built-in adjustment tool keeps all moving joints tight and secure Installs in seconds – no extra equipment necessary

$19.95

ttt
Old 03-08-2013, 11:02 PM
typerpower97
Instructor

Dennis,

I have an 04 with the factory radio. I also have the hardware for the 12 CD changer in my trunk but there are no cables running from it. I have never used it and just never got around to removing it. Should I still get the PXHGM2? I just want to make sure that I do not need any cabling that was supposed to be already hooked up the CD changer before I can use the iPhone kit. I am not even sure it the CD changer works.

Thanks.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:07 PM
darkstar.c5
Pro

Hey Dennis.. i have a 2001 vert with a changer... i have an ipod, but also and android phone, does the kit work for both? does it connect to the headphone jack or to the 30pin on the ipod? usb? i know i dont want to pull the head unit to install... which product do i need? i would like the flexibility to use either the phone or my ipod touch (3rd gen)

oh.. your ordering links are broken... error 404

Last edited by darkstar.c5; 03-11-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ipod/Iphone install kits, wireless transmitters, mounts, chargers anything you need!