Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted
C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket Sponsored by
Mid America Motorworks

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 05-21-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
southerncarparts
Premium Supporting Vendor
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13

Default Cure for the Common Curb....

Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

Click the image to open in full size.

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however, Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates ) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

Install is pretty simple. You wire it direct to your battery (it is fused). Hardest part is getting the three wires through the firewall....

Installation Instructions Below

Curb Alert Installation Instructions

Curb Alert Calibration Instructions

We have the Curb Alert in stock and with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works.

Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited by southerncarparts; 06-05-2011 at 08:26 AM.
southerncarparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
dankhts
CF Senior Member

I mentioned before that I thought this was a good idea.... I read a post however from a forum member that got 1 from you, and he said it warned him way too soon when he was getting close to an object at the front .... he asked how to adjust the sensitivity to less than about 6'.... is there a way?
dankhts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankhts View Post
I mentioned before that I thought this was a good idea.... I read a post however from a forum member that got 1 from you, and he said it warned him way too soon when he was getting close to an object at the front .... he asked how to adjust the sensitivity to less than about 6'.... is there a way?
We have modified our calibration instructions so that they are a little easier to understand. I would NOT recommend anything less than 8" as you still have to allow time to stop from the time it alerts you which usually puts you right at 6" or so, depending on your reflexes

The Calibration instructions are listed at the link above....

Jim

Last edited by southerncarparts; 07-14-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
dankhts
CF Senior Member

thx for the reply - good instructions and looks like a good product...
dankhts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:57 AM   #5
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankhts View Post
thx for the reply - good instructions and looks like a good product...
Thanks....glad I could help.

Jim
Old 01-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
rz2mbc
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncarparts View Post
One of the biggest fears with purchasing the Curb Alert is the installation, folks are unsure how "difficult" the installation is.

To make it easy for Corvette drivers, we just created a Corvette specific Curb Alert install package for the C6 that allows you to do the whole installation within 1 hour. Checkout the video on the page below and you can see the entire installation on a 2009 C6.

Corvette Curb Alert

This is a Southern Car Parts exclusive Corvette Curb Alert package for that has everything crimped and ready to go. Run the wires and plug it in to the fuse box under the passenger floor board and you are off and running.

Just select the Corvette Specific Package when checking out and we will "pre-stage" everything for you prior to shipping so you can install it exactly like in the video.

Video is down towards the bottom of the page....

Corvette Curb Alert Install Video

Thanks,

Jim
Jim,

Just finished installing the curb alert. The install took about a hour. Hardest part was getting the USB connector thru my mesh grill & then around the Vararam. After that it went very quickly. Did not have to calibrate...works great right out of the box. Plug & Play !

rz2mbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
southerncarparts

great to hear.....thanks for the post.

Did the video help out at all?

Thanks,

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz2mbc View Post
Jim,

Just finished installing the curb alert. The install took about a hour. Hardest part was getting the USB connector thru my mesh grill & then around the Vararam. After that it went very quickly. Did not have to calibrate...works great right out of the box. Plug & Play !

Old 03-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
rayz1951
CF Member

Default curb alert

How much is it?
rayz1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #9
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz1951 View Post
How much is it?
159.99 shipped.....
Old 03-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #10
myflvette

Default Curb Alert

Installed my Curb Alert from Southern Car Parts last weekend. It works great. Thanks Jim.
myflvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #11
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by myflvette View Post
Installed my Curb Alert from Southern Car Parts last weekend. It works great. Thanks Jim.
Good to hear....glad you like it.

Jim
Old 04-07-2014, 05:47 PM   #12
Cathole
CF Senior Member

@cathole2305

What about speed bumps? Can it judge if I am going to clear it? The biggest problem I have is this (Speed Bumps) I have the zr1 side skirts and sometimes the bump has a lot of concrete towards the center. I will be upgrading to the zr front bumper with splitter and that is my worst nightmare to destroy the bumper.
Cathole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #13
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathole View Post
What about speed bumps? Can it judge if I am going to clear it? The biggest problem I have is this (Speed Bumps) I have the zr1 side skirts and sometimes the bump has a lot of concrete towards the center. I will be upgrading to the zr front bumper with splitter and that is my worst nightmare to destroy the bumper.
Yes, sure. You can adjust the sensor to whatever you like by the angle.
Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM   #14
southerncarparts

To make it easy for Corvette drivers, we just created a Corvette specific Curb Alert install package for the C6 that allows you to do the whole installation within 1 hour. Checkout the video on the page below and you can see the entire installation on a 2009 C6.

Corvette Curb Alert

This is a Southern Car Parts exclusive Corvette Curb Alert package for that has everything crimped and ready to go. Run the wires and plug it in to the fuse box under the passenger floor board and you are off and running.

Just select the Corvette Specific Package when checking out and we will "pre-stage" everything for you prior to shipping so you can install it exactly like in the video.

Video is down towards the bottom of the page....

Corvette Curb Alert Install Video
Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted
Reload this Page Cure for the Common Curb....