Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

C6 Caravaggio Custom Daytona Seats for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:58 PM
crease-guard
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C6 Caravaggio Custom Daytona Seats for Sale

I have a pair of brand new, never used Caravaggio custom Daytona seats for sale: $6000 plus shipping.

Now for the skinny. I redid the entire interior of my 06 Z06 a couple of years ago now. While I had all the interior gutted and being covered in leather I decided I wanted to do the seats as well. However, I wanted to have power and adjustable bolsters in both seats and, of course, the Z doesn't have that. Plus I kind of wanted to keep the original seats anyways. So I purchased a pair of seats from Cleveland pick a part off of ebay. These seats came out of a wrecked C6 with both sides power, heated and fully adjustable lumbar and bolster bladders in both seats. The air bags had NOT been deployed. So I bought those and had them shipped to me...about a $1000 for the pair when it was all said and done.

I took those seats and installed them into my car to make sure everything worked properly (I had already done the mod to the passenger harness to supply power). Everything worked fine on both sides. I then boxed up the seats to ship to John. This was a major PITA to do. Took an entire evening to box then almost the entire next day to sort out where to drop them off for shipping. But they eventually got there.

Now for the wait. 6 MONTHS...that's not a typo...6 MONTHS I waited for the seats. Now I will say this about John...his work is nothing short of perfect but the wait is really quite long. Never the less, I got the seats back 6 months later. I installed the drivers seat and then sat in it. For me, the seat was about a half inch to inch higher than the stock seat. Also for me, I'm a bit wide in the hips and the fit for me didn't feel as good as the stockers. I was a bit bummed but thought I will put the stock seats back and keep these and maybe try them again later or perhaps for a HPDE I can use them.

Well, I'm still a bit wide in the hips and last month I bought a C5 track prepped car (did my first HPDE this weekend and I'm hooked...OMG am I hooked) so I don't really have a need to keep these laying around. And since I bought the car, of course, now I'm thinking of what I'd like to do to it (coil overs, sways, lift for the garage etc.) and that costs some $$$ as well. So it's time for these to find a proper home and be used like they were intended.

Now, I know this is a serious chunk of money for seats. But if you were already thinking about these and the options are close to what you wanted, you will save $1500 bucks and the entire headache of shipping back your seats as well as the very long wait by buying these seats. I don't want your seats back, you can sell those typically for 600-800 bucks, see them sold on the forum all the time and you'll have the shipping stuff I send you to use to send out your seats.

I still have all the shipping materials John used to send them to me. Of course, I would prefer a local deal but I will ship these to the US and Canada. Typically the best way is by air freight. I will not ship these UPS ground as they will break them and I don't want the hassle of an insurance claim. Method of payment would need to be Certified Cashiers check or wire transfer given the large amount.

One last important note, these have been kept in a climate controlled storage facility ever since I got them. They have been well covered and protected.

From a search of the forum, it does appear that you can put these C6 based seats into the C5. I'm not sure what it takes to accomplish this so you need to be sure these will work for your application. There are no "refunds" if they don't work for you so be sure.

Here are a few pictures:

Jay
Old 08-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Acesup
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caravagio daytonas

I was on the fence of ordering these and was told by john 8-12 weeks....but I am local...so he knows I would be at his shop driving him nuts every day....just kidding....those are the nicest seats made for the C6 bar none...if there are nicer seats...please post pics....is it possible you ordered them when he was extremely busy? Here in Toronto we are extremely lucky that he is in our backyard....I know some guys when they buy something and are pissed ...they give the stuff away cheap...if so let me know....6 grand sounds like full pop for them.... best of luck with the sale...I have c6 seats and Caravaggio Race seats...if you want to swing a trade...plus some cash...let me know
Old 08-04-2011, 01:34 AM
crease-guard
Drifting

I agree, the seats are nothing short of spectacular and if I had a different body build they would be in my car right now. Because I'm so "big boned" they are just a little snug for my tastes.

Being in his back yard is definitely a plus for you and I suspect you would get yours when promised. It is what it is. The retail on the seats with $6500 with core exchange.

I have a sale pending now with a guy here in Texas, we are set to meet on Saturday. If that falls through, I'll bump up the thread. Not really looking for a trade unless it involved specific track parts I might be interested in.

Jay
Old 08-07-2011, 12:49 AM
crease-guard
Drifting

SOLD

It was much easier than I thought it would be. Forum member here snatched them up and hopefully should be posting some pictures soon. I'm glad they are finally going to be used as they were made to be.

Now, I'm off to buy a lift, some new race bearings for the track car and any other goodies I can think of with my new found booty.

Jay

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Caravaggio Custom Daytona Seats for Sale

Quick Reply: C6 Caravaggio Custom Daytona Seats for Sale