Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

WTB: Mod Red door panels.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 11:27 PM
b_rad!
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Default WTB: Mod Red door panels.

Looking for a clean set of Mod Red door panels.
I already have the seats and just bought the knee bolster & glove box. Now I only need the door panels to complete my Mod Red interior. I know its a long shot but I thought I would give it a whirl. Let me know what you have.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:53 AM
b_rad!
Burning Brakes

^^^ Bump ^^^
Old 07-22-2012, 11:01 AM
KillSwitchNY
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck, I hate the fact that I like the Mod Red so much and can't have it. Someone out there has to hate their red interior by now. lol.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:47 PM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Well if it's any consolation I was the # 1 guy that gave up the panels, now I regret it. So now we in the same boat.....DAM!
Old 07-22-2012, 12:58 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

Take your door panels off and have them recovered. You probably could have it done for about $200 or so. Just take them off, remove the bottom half(grind off the "plastic welds") then get them done in red at local upholstery shop, JB Weld the halves back to gether and..... IT'S DONE!
Old 07-22-2012, 01:26 PM
03BLUDEVLz06
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldn't agree more. B-rad beat me to the bolsters in that other post. how long do we have to wait before GM starts offering them or a company like Year One has them available?

Grrrr
Old 07-22-2012, 01:29 PM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 03BLUDEVLz06
I couldn't agree more. B-rad beat me to the bolsters in that other post. how long do we have to wait before GM starts offering them or a company like Year One has them available?

Grrrr
Oh than you were # 3.! LMAO
Old 07-22-2012, 01:37 PM
b_rad!
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fisher auto
Well if it's any consolation I was the # 1 guy that gave up the panels, now I regret it. So now we in the same boat.....DAM!
I guess a thanks are in order, I wish his door panels were a little bit better that he has.

Originally Posted by sfc rick
Take your door panels off and have them recovered. You probably could have it done for about $200 or so. Just take them off, remove the bottom half(grind off the "plastic welds") then get them done in red at local upholstery shop, JB Weld the halves back to gether and..... IT'S DONE!
Rick what is the name/vinyl color of the Mod Red interior. What paint code would you use to do the speaker grills, just concerned about matching the color. I see by your posts you are the forum authority on Red.
Thanks
Old 07-22-2012, 02:04 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

The SEM color coat would NOT be recommended for the Speaker grilles cause it takes more coats to get color saturation. I would use another brand like Krylon or Rustoleum for them since it's not a vinyl or has to be flexible. You will be able to find a "red" to match your new recovered panels fairly easy.

It's easy to see I have done my interior in Red, HOWEVER....I didn't use SEM products on my bottom half of the door panels, cause I have had on occassion scrapped them with my boots. That's why I only recommend having them COVERED in Red vinyl by the local upholstery shops for DURABILITY! Otherwise using SEM is the BEST...EXCEPT where you may scrap or scuff the pieces with boots or shoes. JUST SAYING!

Last edited by sfc rick; 07-22-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:07 PM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=$b_rad!;1581377209]I guess a thanks are in order, I wish his door panels were a little bit better that he has.

Yea your right, but at this point a very good condition panel is crazy money!
Old 07-22-2012, 02:41 PM
b_rad!
Burning Brakes

The SEM color coat would NOT be recommended for the Speaker grilles cause it takes more coats to get color saturation. I would use another brand like Krylon or Rustoleum for them since it's not a vinyl or has to be flexible. You will be able to find a "red" to match your new recovered panels fairly easy.

It's easy to see I have done my interior in Red, HOWEVER....I didn't use SEM products on my bottom half of the door panels, cause I have had on occassion scrapped them with my boots. That's why I only recommend having them COVERED in Red vinyl by the local upholstery shops for DURABILITY! Otherwise using SEM is the BEST...EXCEPT where you may scrap or scuff the pieces with boots or shoes. JUST SAYING!
When my bolster & glove box comes in I will swing one of them in to my upholstery guy and see what reds he has in stock.
I wonder if the red speaker grills can be had right from GM at a reasonable cost? I will make a couple of calls on Monday.
Thanks for your input!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:36 PM
b_rad!
Burning Brakes

Bump!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:10 PM
BoostedEBZ06
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

This is what I will be doing, and using the SEM on the bolsters.

Not to hijack but what do you think the price for reupholstering the middle of my seats would be?
Old 07-29-2012, 07:06 PM
b_rad!
Burning Brakes

Got my new glove box & knee bolster installed, now just need the door panels.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: Mod Red door panels.

Quick Reply: WTB: Mod Red door panels.