Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Elite Engineering 3/8" Insulated Tunnel Plate (Used)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:40 AM
clif
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Default Elite Engineering 3/8" Insulated Tunnel Plate (Used)

*** SOLD !!! ***
I have the rare, factory insulted, Elite Engineering 3/8" Tunnel plate for sale. It has been on my car for a few years, but now I am parting it out, piece by piece, to return it to stock. I am asking $200 + your original tunnel plate.

Tunnel Reinforcement Plate

3/8" Aluminum Tunnel Plate

This is very similar to our Most Popular ALC-250 exept it's an extra 1/8" thicker. At a full 3/8" thick 6061-T6 aluminum, this plate is three times as thick as your stock OEM Tunnel Plate; Coated on all sides with a specially engineered ceramic coated.

This is the a great choice to offer both chassis stiffening and heat shielding to reduce the amount of heat transfer from the exhaust. Primarily designed for the Road or Autocross Racer.

Improve the ride and performance of your Corvette!

Since its release, the redesigned Tunnel Reinforcement Plate has been one of the hottest suspension mods for the Corvette. It has been proven over and over again to reduce the amount of torsional flex in the chassis. The engineers at General Motors acknowledged the benefits of a stiffer more rigid tunnel plate and improved their original design and incorporated something similar into the new C6.

We have taken their design one step further!

We have re-engineered the undercarriage tunnel plate on the C6 with strength and performance in mind. CAD designed and computer precision cut 6061-T6 Aluminum, our 3/8” thick “Abs-of-Aluminum” Tunnel Reinforcement Plate is three times the thickness of the stock OEM plate. The benefits of this added thickness is a much more rigid and stiffer tunnel plate. Therefore reducing the amount of flex in the chassis and improving the overall functionality of the C5 suspension.

Featured in both Corvette Fever and SPEED, STYLE, & SOUND Magazine.

Below is a picture comparing the stock OEM C5 tunnel plate to our 1/4” thick version.

On the Left: OEM factory C5 Plate
On the Right: Elite Engineering's Redesigned Plate!

In addition to improved stiffening, our plate is also offered with a Ceramic Coating to reduce the amount of heat transfer from the exhaust into the interior console.

Other benefits include:

Rigidly ties the right and left inner chassis rails together
A must for Coupes and Convertibles!
Direct, bolt in place replacement
Greater sense of control behind the wheel when cornering
Reduced squeaks, creaks and noises while driving
Significantly decreases the heat transferred to the interior console
Elite Engineering's redesigned plate

The “Abs-of-Aluminum” is a direct replacement for your OEM tunnel reinforcement plate and bolts in place using the existing hardware. Installation is very simple and instructions are included. All plates can safely and easily be installed by a first-timer in about 2.5 hours with a set of Jack Stands or Rhino Ramps. See our installation page for more information.

Last edited by clif; 12-18-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Spreader
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll take it. Please PM me your PayPal info. Thanks. KT
Old 12-18-2012, 11:49 AM
clif
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by Spreader
I'll take it. Please PM me your PayPal info. Thanks. KT
PM sent!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:13 PM
clif
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Sold!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Elite Engineering 3/8" Insulated Tunnel Plate (Used)

Quick Reply: Elite Engineering 3/8" Insulated Tunnel Plate (Used)