Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Complete Custom Zex Nitrous System

Old 02-03-2013, 07:38 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Default Complete Custom Zex Nitrous System

I’m selling my complete Zex 82235B Blackout Series LSX Nitrous system off my 2004 C5 Coupe. I’m now supercharged and can no longer use nitrous. I’ve run less than one full bottle through this system.

This is my bolt in system that includes everything you need to bolt in and run. Nothing else to buy.

I designed this system to easily install, connect, then remove when not in use. The bottle is mounted on MDF that is carpeted in black. The bottom of the MDF is covered in rubber that assures non-skid and covers the mounting bolts from the bottom. This system has been approved twice by the techs at Race Legal in San Diego for mounting, use, and race compliance. They always comment how cleaver I was in the way I mounted the system. I open the back at car shows and people love it. Nitrous still seems to be exotic. It’s not.

To mount the bottle, place the system against the passenger side wheel well and drill two small holes. The included bolts fit through the wheel well and attach to the bottle mount with wing nuts. I routed the wiring and nitrous line in the car so that it tucks under the rear matt when not in use. Clean and out of site. Place bottle in car, connect heater connector, nitrous line, and blow down tube hose. 4 minutes and ready to rock. Don’t need bottle opener. Easy to reach.

I’ve taken pictures and documented everything as installed on the car. I’ll include that in the sale and send via email. Also, I’ve installed new wire taps, connectors, fuse taps, and ground connectors as well as labeled each wire to say where it connects or goes to. Everything that came with the system is also included. Original instructions and manuals from Zex.

I didn’t like how Zex wanted me to mount everything, so I bought custom made Earl’s s/s lines that fit exactly where I needed them to go. That’s the lines that go from the nitrous controller to the intake nozzle and to the fuel injection pressure bleed line inlet. The controller is mounted to the battery partition which I’ll include in the sale but is not pictured. Everything can be returned to stock without any trace of nitrous ever being on the car.

I have the 75 h/p jets installed. That worked perfectly at the 1/8th mile on street tires. Best run was 6.1 and smoked every last new Camaro there that night. You can add up to 150 h/p. Just change the jets. The Diablosport tuner is included to retard the timing and whatever else you want to change. However, I found the 75 h/p jets gave me enough power and didn’t need to change timing. The tuner works well for general running around without nitrous. I had the window switch to go on at 1800 rpm in 1st and off at 5000rpm. Worked outstanding and is completely programmable. I ran TR6 plugs, but I think you’d be safe with stock plugs at the 75 h/p level without retarding the timing.

So, full Zex system with custom bottle mounting, Zex window switch, AFE cold air system, Earls s/s lines cut to fit, Zex automatic bottle heater, Zex fuel pressure gauge, Zex blow down tube, Diablosport tuner ready to use, perfect fit custom switch panel for ash tray (carbon fiber sticker, not real), complete cut to fit and labeled wires, and full documentation and install pictures. Everything is perfect and still looks new. Purchased in 2011. $1534.16 invested. Asking $950.00 plus actual shipping. You Palpal me and I ship or pay me with check and after it clears, I ship. I contact you and you reimburse me for actual shipping charges. Call Dave with any questions. (858) 538-8331. San Diego.

Last edited by vetten76; 02-03-2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Add pictures
Old 02-03-2013, 08:00 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Sorry about this post. I'm trying to add pictures........
Old 02-03-2013, 09:05 PM
DANZGLASS
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

what about minus the intake and diablo tuner. cant use either.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Birdman
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DANZGLASS
what about minus the intake and diablo tuner. cant use either.
Same for me..
Old 02-03-2013, 11:44 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Originally Posted by Birdman
Same for me..
Oops Birdman. I forgot about you. Sorry. Without tuner and cold air intake... $800.00 plus shipping. I forgot to mention that the purge switch in the switch panel is a filler. I decided that I really didn't need a purge for my needs but had already preped for one.

Get notified of new replies

To Complete Custom Zex Nitrous System

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Complete Custom Zex Nitrous System