Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Wanted - center console lid in poor / bad shape

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 02:41 AM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default Wanted - center console lid in poor / bad shape

I scored a roll of nice black suede from a friend who had some leftover from his car interior project, and want to recover my center console lid with the stuff, but my center console lid's in great shape and would rather not mess it up. Sooooo...

I'm looking for a center console lid (can just be the outside shell piece) with the material in most any shape, the poorer the better (so I'm not messing up a good one). About the only thing I ask is that the screw-points be in good condition so I don't have to repair those (though that is doable if necessary).
Old 07-14-2013, 12:33 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

You won't mess yours up...it is the easiest component to recover, trust me. You will end up with some very small gathering at the corners, but it isn't even noticeable once you put everything back together. Here's mine covered in alcantara...piece of cake! Use a hot melt glue gun for best results.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:58 PM
krzytrain
All Aboard!!!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one ill sell you for $30 plus shipping

Old 07-14-2013, 10:17 PM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Thanks guys, already had someone PM me with a lid they'll have spare when a new one comes in. I would've replied sooner but I've been having a hell of a time getting the forum to load lately.

Hey frumnuttin, did you peel off the old cover or just lay what you've got on top of it?
Old 07-14-2013, 11:35 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by flaagan
Thanks guys, already had someone PM me with a lid they'll have spare when a new one comes in. I would've replied sooner but I've been having a hell of a time getting the forum to load lately.

Hey frumnuttin, did you peel off the old cover or just lay what you've got on top of it?
went right over it...there are a lot of screws underneath to remove once you separate the door from the console....you'll see.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:13 AM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
went right over it...there are a lot of screws underneath to remove once you separate the door from the console....you'll see.
Yup, taken it apart a number of times before. I actually modded the inner section with a micro switch and a strip of led's so now the center console lights up (and damn bright too) when you open it. The strip goes along the 'outer edge inside the curve' (if that makes sense) so the leds are pointing down in a row along the console interior.

I'm thinking I may pull off the old liner if the one I get is in bad enough shape, I'm not big on too much extra padding, and I hand an interesting idea about laying a Corvette emblem (or the lettering) underneath the suede.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:48 AM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I've got one,

25 shipped or shoot me a number and I'll pay you and send me lid out in trade.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:44 PM
zeeman
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveDotenMotorsports
I've got one,

25 shipped or shoot me a number and I'll pay you and send me lid out in trade.
Are you saying you have the center console lid? With hinges? Black? Probably all the same, but it WILL fit my '02 Z06 correct? In perfect shape? No damage whatsoever?

Get notified of new replies

To Wanted - center console lid in poor / bad shape

Quick Reply: Wanted - center console lid in poor / bad shape