Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Double Din dash bezel and Kenwood DDX616 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 01:19 AM
sierra1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double Din dash bezel and Kenwood DDX616 for sale

I recently purchased my 2002 Z06 with a professionally installed Kenwood DDX616 touchscreen radio, and a Double D Mods double din C5 replacement dash bezel (black). The previous owner told me that this past summer (2013), he purchased these items as a gift for himself. I'm not into car audio, the sweet sound of the LS6 and Corsa exhaust is all I want to listen to. For no other reason than that, I'm selling the radio and double din dash out of my Z, and stabbing an OE radio in its place (doesn't make sense...I know).

The radio works perfectly, looks new, comes with all the owners books, new remote control (never used), and all the special wiring and harnesses needed to work in the C5 Corvette. Crutchfield sells just the radio for $599.99 + S&H, and another $15.00 for the remote control...I'm asking $475.00 shipped for all of it!

Double D Mods (www.doubledmods.com) sells the double din replacement dash bezel for $499.00 + S&H, and another $46.00 for the install kit...I'm asking $450.00 shipped for all of it!

*************OR*************

PACKAGE DEAL.......$825.00 shipped buys all of it!

If interested, email call/text Joe @
joereif1970@gmail.com
913-244-3829
Currently the radio is in my Z06; however, I'm planning on removing it ASAP...I have a replacement radio and bezel ready to go in. I accept Paypal (please send payment as a gift or add 4% to the total). I will ship the same day payment has cleared my bank. Additional pictures are available upon request. If you want these items shipped outside the lower 48 states, I will have to add an additional cost for this shipping. My second love other than fast cars are things that go BANG. I would be willing to entertain cash plus firearms as payment....let me know what you have to offer (please, no illegal or questionable guns). I'm also open to offers of trading Corvette parts (aftermarket and/or OE)...I'm currently looking for a set of OE 01-04 Z06 wheels in great condition. Below is some useful information about the radio.

Kenwood DDX616 Product Overview

The Kenwood DDX616 is a Double DIN DVD/CD Player with a 6.1” Touchscreen TFT-LCD Monitor. DVDs and CDs aren’t the only playback options for this Kenwood receiver, it is also compatible with AM/FM, which has a built-in CR-2 Tuner with 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets, MP3, WMA, AAC, and iPod. Equipped with 800 x 480 high resolution, a widescreen touch sensitive panel display, variable color button illumination, and interactive video graphics, this receiver provides easy navigation through its menu while producing enhanced video quality. Some cool audio features for Kenwood’s DDX-616 are the built-in RDS (Radio Data System) for improved radio features, SNPS (Station Name Preset) which allows you to assign programmable names to each radio preset, EQ3 3-band parametric equalizer with 8 preset tone curves, and the dual zone capability which allows the playing of separate sources to the front of the vehicle and the rear of the vehicle.

This Kenwood CD/DVD receiver also has plenty of expandability options starting with the built-in Bluetooth. The Bluetooth includes cables and a microphone, providing complete hands-free operation when receiving or making a call from inside your vehicle. With the built-in USB port, you will have full control with the latest iPods and iPhones, giving you even more playback options. The front panel A/V input allows portable media devices such as DVD player, gaming systems, and MP3 player to be connected. Sirius and XM Satellite Radio, HD Radio, and compatibility with steering wheel controls are some other expandability options that make the Kenwood DDX616 a must have.

General Features:
•In-dash DVD, AM/FM, CD, MP3, WMA, AAC Receiver
•Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free talking with included cables and microphone
•Offers complete control with the latest iPods and iPhones
•Fixed faceplate with buttons on the left
•Large 6.1" full color display
•Widescreen touch-sensitive panel display
•High resolution display has a 800 x 480 resolution
•Optional remote control: Kenwood KNA-RCDV331
•Variable color illumination button lighting to match OEM interior lights
•Easy to navigate menu with interactive video graphics
•CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
•Power Output: ◦Peak: 50 watts x 4 channels
◦RMS: 22 watts x 4 channels
•CD Text Display
•MP3 ID3 Tag Display (Title/Artist/Album)
•1-year Sonic Electronix warranty

Playback and Audio Features:
•Playback of DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD DL, DTS-CD, VCD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, WMA, and AAC
•CR-2 tuner with 18FM/6AM presets
•SNPS (Station Name Preset) allows for the assigning of programmable names to each radio station preset
•Built-in RDS (Radio Data System) for enhanced radio features
•System Q-EX/System E's+ sound shaping for enhanced audio playback
•EQ3 (3-band parametric equalizer with 8 preset tone curves)
•Built-in Dolby Digital and DTS 2.0 audio decoding
•Loudness feature
•Individual source adjustment for volume and equalization
•Dual zone capability allows the playing of separate sources to the front of the car and the rear of the car
•24-bit Digital-to-Analog converter for superior audio quality
•Four selectable viewing modes for the perfect playback of video files

Expandability Options:
•3 Sets of 2V preamp outputs (front, rear and subwoofer)
•Navigation Ready: Kenwood Remote-Mount Navigation Unit required and sold separately
•SIRIUS or XM Satellite Radio Ready: Kenwood SIRIUS Satellite Radio Package or XM Satellite Radio Solution Package required and sold separately
•HD Radio Ready: HD Radio Tuner required and sold separately
•iPod and iPhone Ready: Kenwood KCA-IP301V required for playback, charging, and control of iPod
•Front-panel A/V input: 3.5mm (headphone jack) allows connection to portable media devices such as DVD players, gaming systems, MP3 players, and other external audio/video sources
•Rear Video input: Rear input for rear view cameras with a RCA composite input, however the Kenwood CMOS-200 or the Kenwood CMOS-300 is recommended
•Rear USB input for connection to digital media devices
•Rear auxiliary input: RCA Audio Input
•Steering wheel remote ready: PAC SWI-JACKv1 or the Axxess ASWC required and sold separately
Attached Images     

Last edited by sierra1; 10-18-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:06 AM
1965corvettecop
Instructor

So for this to work in my Z I have to change bezel?
Old 10-19-2013, 08:17 AM
sierra1
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1965corvettecop
So for this to work in my Z I have to change bezel?
Yes, the OE radio is 1.5 din, most all the new stuff sold these days, including my radio for sale, are double din. That's why I'm selling my dash bezel along with the radio, as I will not have a need for it when I stick the OE radio back in. If you want to get an idea of the quality of the Double D Mods bezels, go to their web page and check them out...VERY quality pieces that appear as if they were OE.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:58 AM
JuicedH22
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you post pictures of your actual head unit and bezel?

Feel free to email to mosterda@gmail.com
Old 10-19-2013, 09:10 AM
Cedarberry
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Do you happen to know if this deck works with iphone5, also do you have the iPhone/iPod cable that's required
Old 11-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Mike the 98 vetteman
Advanced

Do you still have this? PM me Im interested
Old 02-17-2014, 11:52 PM
sierra1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mike the 98 vetteman
Do you still have this? PM me Im interested
Bump... still for sale
Old 02-18-2014, 01:36 AM
SAz06rEP
Racer

I have. Oem radio if you need one. It also has the aux adapter on it.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:36 AM
sierra1
Instructor

Both are SOLD.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:32 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Damn it!
Old 02-18-2014, 06:24 PM
callie454