C5 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C5 products, services and promotions.

New C5 Corvette Seat Rebuild Kit - in stock

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 09:00 PM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 253 Posts

So, is it better to start with new seat bottom foam and do the upgrade or will it totally restore my sagging seat with no new bottom foam purchased?
Old 06-01-2014, 08:33 AM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by jdvann
So, is it better to start with new seat bottom foam and do the upgrade or will it totally restore my sagging seat with no new bottom foam purchased?
Depends on how bad the cushion is. You can see in the pics I posted shoeing how bad my 14 year old cushion was. Wires cut through and almost flat in the middle.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/c5-tech/3469203-lower-seat-foam-install.html
Old 06-01-2014, 08:40 AM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by jdvann
Depends on how bad the cushion is. You can see in the pics I posted showing how bad my 14 year old cushion was. Wires cut through and almost flat in the middle.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/c5-tech/3469203-lower-seat-foam-install.html
Old 06-01-2014, 06:09 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

[QUOTE=jdvann;1587028407]So, is it better to start with new seat bottom foam and do the upgrade or will it totally restore my sagging seat with no new bottom foam purchased?[/QUOTE
C
I had 74 thousand miles on the seat. I'd suggest if your in a similar range just go with this 40 dollar kit.

I have no idea what it costs to buy new seat foam. When you spray the adhesive on the seat foam bottom.....you really should spay it on thick outside....let it soak in a bit...and then it glues all the fine slits the wire in the stock seat cuts through the foam as you put the panel from the kit on the area you just sprayed.

Hope this helps

It's like a new driving experience....really a cool kit that I recommend.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:18 PM
XotiK ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed one of these in my C5 last weekend. I am happy and opted for the added "Jute" pad in the center that is included with the kit. It raised the seat height more than I thought it would but its good for me.

I did have some trouble with "A" and "C". On the C5 there isn't a place they really fit into like in the picture. I wasn't sure if I should carve out the stock foam and glue them in the newly made recess or just glue them on top. I just glued them on right over the stock foam.

I would do this mod again. I would rather the kit have a denser or larger set of foam for the "door' edge of the seat to fix the slight difference in height to the inside edge of the seat.

Verdict - it is a good kit and worth the money.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:40 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by XotiK ZO6
I installed one of these in my C5 last weekend. I am happy and opted for the added "Jute" pad in the center that is included with the kit. It raised the seat height more than I thought it would but its good for me.

I did have some trouble with "A" and "C". On the C5 there isn't a place they really fit into like in the picture. I wasn't sure if I should carve out the stock foam and glue them in the newly made recess or just glue them on top. I just glued them on right over the stock foam.

I would do this mod again. I would rather the kit have a denser or larger set of foam for the "door' edge of the seat to fix the slight difference in height to the inside edge of the seat.

Verdict - it is a good kit and worth the money.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:17 PM
GMGiuffre
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My foam is completely flat. 2000 with 115,000 miles. Do I need new foam first?
Old 12-10-2014, 09:29 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by GMGiuffre
My foam is completely flat. 2000 with 115,000 miles. Do I need new foam first?
This kit should do the trick.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:07 PM
Spare Time Toy
Pro

I just put this kit in both my seats. It took all of 3 hours max. Best bang for the buck spent on the car yet. We have 149000 miles and the drivers side foam was almost cut into slices so I spray glued them back into one solid chunk. I used both the cloth and jute with the foam on the drivers seat and only the cloth and foam on the pass. Only thing I would change is make a thicker chunk for the outboard sides to push the bolster up a little more. But easy fix and well worth the money.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:33 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Spare Time Toy
I just put this kit in both my seats. It took all of 3 hours max. Best bang for the buck spent on the car yet. We have 149000 miles and the drivers side foam was almost cut into slices so I spray glued them back into one solid chunk. I used both the cloth and jute with the foam on the drivers seat and only the cloth and foam on the pass. Only thing I would change is make a thicker chunk for the outboard sides to push the bolster up a little more. But easy fix and well worth the money.
Thank you again for the orders!
Old 07-02-2015, 05:20 PM
Robert Perkins
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Seat foam kit

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
C5 Corvette Seat Rebuild Kit

Seat foam and padding rebuild kit for the C5 Corvette - $39.95

Available here: http://www.southerncarparts.com/and-...it-p-3737.html

It is no secret that the seats of the C5 have a reputation for being less than satisfactory in the area of comfort and support.

The kit includes:
-Enough matierial to complete 1 seat
-Upholstery grade high density foam.
-Tough, wear-resistant ballistic nylon fabric.
-New, high quality, wire cover Jute Pad
-Zip ties to replace the metal hog rings.
-.25" thick high-density pad
-Detail step-by-step photo instructions.

Over the last year or so, a solid repair process has been developed and we want to share it with everyone. We wanted to see how it worked out in my car for a year and can say I feel its 100% better than OEM. There are two problems: The side bolsters from the factory do not have any support under them. So as you climb in/out of the seat, the outside bolster foam tears where it sits on the steel seat frame and quickly sags or goes flat. The steel wires in the center area cut into the foam and quickly cause the foam to sag and pinching around the hip area. I found this extremely uncomfortable after only 15 minutes.

This seat rebuild kit comes with all of the seat foam insert pieces necessary to provide the extra support needed to give your Corvette seats a more luxurious feel. If you want to improve the comfort of your Corvette without replacing the stock seats, this simple and affordable kit is a fantastic means by which you can do this. Easily installable at home, this kit provides the extra, high-density, strong and comfortable foam needed to give your Corvette seats extra support and cushion to help make your Corvette interior more luxurious and enjoyable. A great way to improve comfort and drivability quickly and affordably.

This kit corrects a flaw in the original seat design that leads to premature failure of the center and bolsters.

Working slowly, it takes about 1-2 hours. The detailed instructions with photos will take you through step by step. No special skill or tools required although you will need to purchase separately a can of spray glue for upholstery foam.

Is there a video on how to do this. How does the bottom seat cushion come out?
Old 01-02-2016, 10:39 PM
GeosVette
Intermediate

I'm in Alpharetta and would like to know if you also sell leather seats. I need to reupholster both seats. I also need a full carpet kit (Light Oak). I looked at your site but didn't see these under your interior section.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:45 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by GeosVette
I'm in Alpharetta and would like to know if you also sell leather seats. I need to reupholster both seats. I also need a full carpet kit (Light Oak). I looked at your site but didn't see these under your interior section.
No, sorry, this isn't something we sell.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 04-20-2016, 09:08 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Old 04-17-2017, 12:03 PM
bravo29
Burning Brakes

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

bought mine gets here Wednesday.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:30 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

C5 Corvette Seat Rebuild Kit

Seat foam and padding rebuild kit for the C5 Corvette - $39.95

Available here: http://www.southerncarparts.com/and-...it-p-3737.html

It is no secret that the seats of the C5 have a reputation for being less than satisfactory in the area of comfort and support.

The kit includes:
-Enough matierial to complete 1 seat
-Upholstery grade high density foam.
-Tough, wear-resistant ballistic nylon fabric.
-New, high quality, wire cover Jute Pad
-Zip ties to replace the metal hog rings.
-.25" thick high-density pad
-Detail step-by-step photo instructions.

Over the last year or so, a solid repair process has been developed and we want to share it with everyone. We wanted to see how it worked out in my car for a year and can say I feel its 100% better than OEM. There are two problems: The side bolsters from the factory do not have any support under them. So as you climb in/out of the seat, the outside bolster foam tears where it sits on the steel seat frame and quickly sags or goes flat. The steel wires in the center area cut into the foam and quickly cause the foam to sag and pinching around the hip area. I found this extremely uncomfortable after only 15 minutes.

This seat rebuild kit comes with all of the seat foam insert pieces necessary to provide the extra support needed to give your Corvette seats a more luxurious feel. If you want to improve the comfort of your Corvette without replacing the stock seats, this simple and affordable kit is a fantastic means by which you can do this. Easily installable at home, this kit provides the extra, high-density, strong and comfortable foam needed to give your Corvette seats extra support and cushion to help make your Corvette interior more luxurious and enjoyable. A great way to improve comfort and drivability quickly and affordably.

This kit corrects a flaw in the original seat design that leads to premature failure of the center and bolsters.

Working slowly, it takes about 1-2 hours. The detailed instructions with photos will take you through step by step. No special skill or tools required although you will need to purchase separately a can of spray glue for upholstery foam.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:13 PM
Ruouthere
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Foam additions A & C, are we to cut out the foam from the original seat and replace with A & C?

Get notified of new replies

To New C5 Corvette Seat Rebuild Kit - in stock

Old 09-12-2018, 02:35 AM
dproto09
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I noticed my foam in the center have been cut through. So would I have to order new foam to use this kit?
Old 04-12-2019, 07:12 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Ruouthere
Foam additions A & C, are we to cut out the foam from the original seat and replace with A & C?
That is the best way.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:14 AM
Beer:30
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 118 Posts

Going to give this a try.

Quick Reply: New C5 Corvette Seat Rebuild Kit - in stock