Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Matched set of Granatelli CAI, MAF sensor

Old 09-22-2014, 09:42 PM
ScumOne
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Matched set of Granatelli CAI, MAF sensor

Hey everyone...I have a Granatelli dual cone cold air intake with matching CAI tuned MAF sensor for sale.

I was told by the one and only Joey Granatelli this was CARB (Calif. Air Resource Board) compatible / certified.

Well, 18 months later it turns out it's not, and was a complete lie to get me to buy it. It is 49 state legal, but not in California. So I had to retrofit my 99 C5 back stock to pass smog, and this entire setup had to come off.

This is the MAF sensor unit, retails at $377 on their site. It's legal for 1997-2002 model LS-1 Corvette engines. I did get a nice bump in horsepower of around 12-15 HP with it, plus the CAI, brought it to around 25 HP more total. Nice sound when you romp on it, of course. It's got 6000 miiles on it total, filters were just cleaned. Since I got my 04 the 99 hasn't been driven much, so everything works fine, just need to bolt it on.

http://granatellimotorsports.com/pro...ing-103-0.html

The dual cone CAI is no longer on the site but this is what it looks like installed in the car. Retail on the dual cone CAI was around $349.

Granatelli dual cone cold air intake. 49 state legal, but not in California.

Another angle of the CAI for sale.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that these are the red filters that are washable & you spray the oil on like a K&N type filter.

I've got over $600 into this setup, works great, just not legal in So Cal! I'd be happy with $250 at this point, plus shipping from 90601 to you at whatever cost my Fedex or USPS accounts will allow.

Thanks for looking!

Jim

sales at scumbackspeakers dot com

Last edited by ScumOne; 09-24-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:54 AM
ScumOne
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Lowered price to $250.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:56 AM
5150RN
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ScumOne
Lowered price to $250.
Hey, I was given this set up and I was wondering did you have to drill a hold for the air sensor? I have a 99 c5 too.
Thanks
Old 03-04-2016, 12:50 PM
David Shiel
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 81 Posts
Default I am very interested, but

Originally Posted by ScumOne
Hey everyone...I have a Granatelli dual cone cold air intake with matching CAI tuned MAF sensor for sale.

I was told by the one and only Joey Granatelli this was CARB (Calif. Air Resource Board) compatible / certified.

Well, 18 months later it turns out it's not, and was a complete lie to get me to buy it. It is 49 state legal, but not in California. So I had to retrofit my 99 C5 back stock to pass smog, and this entire setup had to come off.

This is the MAF sensor unit, retails at $377 on their site. It's legal for 1997-2002 model LS-1 Corvette engines. I did get a nice bump in horsepower of around 12-15 HP with it, plus the CAI, brought it to around 25 HP more total. Nice sound when you romp on it, of course. It's got 6000 miiles on it total, filters were just cleaned. Since I got my 04 the 99 hasn't been driven much, so everything works fine, just need to bolt it on.

http://granatellimotorsports.com/pro...ing-103-0.html

The dual cone CAI is no longer on the site but this is what it looks like installed in the car. Retail on the dual cone CAI was around $349.

Granatelli dual cone cold air intake. 49 state legal, but not in California.

Another angle of the CAI for sale.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that these are the red filters that are washable & you spray the oil on like a K&N type filter.

I've got over $600 into this setup, works great, just not legal in So Cal! I'd be happy with $250 at this point, plus shipping from 90601 to you at whatever cost my Fedex or USPS accounts will allow.

Thanks for looking!

Jim

sales at scumbackspeakers dot com
how did you determine the rwhp gain? Dyno? Do you have the before and after dyno sheets?

Get notified of new replies

To Matched set of Granatelli CAI, MAF sensor

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Matched set of Granatelli CAI, MAF sensor