Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Have you bought a windshield from RockAuto ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 07:23 AM
Steve@C56
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Have you bought a windshield from RockAuto ?

Hi every body

First, you have to know that i live in France

My problem : broken windshield, no insurrence because race car, no need for HUD, so I ask a price to the major french windshield company : +2100$ WTF !
The part only is +1600$

So, i take a look on Rockauto website, and find the parts at 160$ plus 600$ fee for transport

I have the father of a friend who plan to come back in France after a couple of years past in Canada (Rockauto fee for transport to Canada is the same as to USA, close to 200$... GREAT DEAL)
Si i ask to Rockauto if, when the send windshield to Canada, it was in a wood box to be able to put in a contenair from Canada to France by boat... and the size of the box (i have to tell this to the father of my friend, for he can check if he had the place or not in the contenair).

So... if you bought a windshield from RockAuto :
- What was look like the box ?
- Do you think the "rockauto box" can be put in a contenair from Canada and will be safe enouth for not find "broken glass only" in France ?
- What should be the approx. size of the box ?

Thank a lot to anybody who help me

Best regards
Old 10-22-2014, 05:23 PM
drewkeen
Racer

If you don't have the HUD I would get a windshield for a 1997 model car as the non-HUD version is MUCH cheaper.

Not sure if you tried to look it up this way or not and sorry if this is not any help to you.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:23 AM
Steve@C56
Pro

Originally Posted by drewkeen
If you don't have the HUD I would get a windshield for a 1997 model car as the non-HUD version is MUCH cheaper.

Not sure if you tried to look it up this way or not and sorry if this is not any help to you.
All the price i done are non HUD version windshield type :-(
The part is cheap, the transport is $$$
Old 10-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

If this is a race car why don't you just buy a sheet of Lexan and make you own? Less weight and should be way cheaper. Make a template out of cardboard and fasten with rivets or countersunk Allen head bolts. Then just buy tear offs to protect it.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:44 AM
Steve@C56
Pro

Originally Posted by Hi Volts Z06
If this is a race car why don't you just buy a sheet of Lexan and make you own? Less weight and should be way cheaper. Make a template out of cardboard and fasten with rivets or countersunk Allen head bolts. Then just buy tear offs to protect it.
If fact, this car WAS a race car project.
I have another race car project now (will run in end 2015, or 2016), with an auto
So, since last monday, this ex-race car is my DD, so, i need glass windshield.

Get notified of new replies

To Have you bought a windshield from RockAuto ?

Quick Reply: Have you bought a windshield from RockAuto ?