Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

HoosierPE Diff Mount and Differential Strut Kits SALE

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 11:27 AM
0HoosierPE
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default HoosierPE Diff Mount and Differential Strut Kits SALE

SALE ENDS APRIL 15th, 2015
When checking out, use coupon code CorvetteForum25 to receive $25 off these kits, if you have any problems - please call the shop or email us and we will get you straighten out.

C5 Corvette Torque Limiting Mount
Price:
Original: $389.00
SALE PRICE: $364 (-$25) plus shipping
Item #: 10D-20016-DK

Product Description:
Hold the powertrain in place with our HPE differential torque limiting brace (mount). Our mounts reduce the powertrain twist that is common in the C5. An excellent solution for high horsepower Corvettes, these mounts are complete system to limit unnecessary movement and reducing wheel hop. Our C5 differential brace bolts to the differential to keep your powertrain in place. Our brace will reduce the loads on your half-shafts and other driveline components. Constructed with 6061 T6 aluminum and anodized for durability.

Product ships from Fort Wayne Indiana, 46803

[BUY NOW]
________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ _________
C5 Automatic/Manual Differential/Transmission Strut Kit

Price:
Item #: Automatic 13D-10211-SA | Manual 13D-10212-SA

Product Description:
Maintain driveline angles and stiffness by adding the HPE Differential Strut shown here in red. This is one of our most popular products because the added stiffness that controls vibrations and beaming between the transmission and differential. These undesirable reactions occur during heavy acceleration and can damage the differential and/or transmission.

[BUY AUTOMATIC KIT NOW]
[BUY MANUAL KIT NOW]
________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ _________

C6 Manual Differential/Transmission Strut Kit

Price:
Item #: 13D-10213-SA

Product Description:
Maintain driveline angles and stiffness by adding the HPE Differential Strut shown here in red for C6 manual drivetrain. This is one of our most popular products because the added stiffness that controls vibrations and beaming between the transmission and differential. These undesirable reactions occur during heavy acceleration and can damage the differential and/or transmission.

Note:
Does not fit Z06, ZR1, or GrandSport

[BUY NOW]
Old 02-27-2015, 02:20 PM
C5Conrad
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh nice! Looks just like the Pfadt stuff. Good to see there's another brand available.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:52 PM
kmgsix08
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After my Procharger install, I snapped my output shaft at my first track outing. While beefing up my drivetrain, I contacted Jason at Hoosier about getting some added support. He was extremely helpful. Didn't try to sell me everything on his shelf, just suggested these two mounts. It's amazing how much they've helped! The car feels much more stable when launching and I haven't experienced any wheel hop at all. I couldn't be happier with my results or with the level of customer service I received.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:03 PM
0HoosierPE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kmgsix08
After my Procharger install, I snapped my output shaft at my first track outing. While beefing up my drivetrain, I contacted Jason at Hoosier about getting some added support. He was extremely helpful. Didn't try to sell me everything on his shelf, just suggested these two mounts. It's amazing how much they've helped! The car feels much more stable when launching and I haven't experienced any wheel hop at all. I couldn't be happier with my results or with the level of customer service I received.
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. As we grow our brand in the community it is great hear that from our customers. We have some exciting stuff in the pipeline for C5 and C6 owners, all in time we will share that news.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:53 PM
SpeedFreak87
Instructor

Quick question, does this have any effects on handling at a road course, since it stiffens up the rear does it affect how the leaf spring works?
Old 02-27-2015, 09:54 PM
Mikes-Z06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

I wonder too?

Last edited by Mikes-Z06; 02-27-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:48 AM
MJs1fastSS
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ill be placing my order soon . You guys have torque mounts in stock? Whats the weight of the torque mount?

Thanks guys
Old 03-01-2015, 10:03 AM
LaredoZ28
Instructor

I should be buying a brace and torque mount next week
Old 03-03-2015, 03:26 PM
SpeedFreak87
Instructor

Any info on how it affects cornering and handling? Better traction or easier power sliding due to stiffer rear?
Old 03-03-2015, 04:02 PM
MJs1fastSS
Burning Brakes

^^^x2
Old 03-06-2015, 06:05 PM
SpeedFreak87
Instructor

I guess they never tested how it effects it? Surprised we haven't gotten any info yet
Old 03-07-2015, 10:25 AM
flash911
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have no idea what HPE's answer is, but in my mind you stiffen up the drive line and then let the suspension work as it should.

Of course, if you want to go faster you gotta tune your car for the track that day.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:33 AM
SpeedFreak87
Instructor

Originally Posted by flash911
I have no idea what HPE's answer is, but in my mind you stiffen up the drive line and then let the suspension work as it should.

Of course, if you want to go faster you gotta tune your car for the track that day.
For sure but I was just wondering if stiffening up the driveline would cause less articulation of the rear suspension making it more tail happy? Unless the two aren't directly linked to each other?
Old 03-08-2015, 01:57 AM
dougrodriguez
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Can someone explain these diff braces. How in the hell is it supposed to work lock the diff in place from twist if it is made with bearings at each end point
Old 03-10-2015, 08:57 AM
0HoosierPE
Former Vendor

Sorry for the delayed response folks. Here are details about the diff strut kit and diff mount.

Torque Limiting Mount:
The Torque Limiting mount is just that, limits the torque wrap up in the driveline under hard launches. By reducing the compliance within the driveline mounting, it helps control or eliminate damaging wheel hop. As far as the impact of this mount on the car’s handling, it would have little to no effect on it. Our mount only addresses the torsional stuffiness of the driveline and has no effect on the rear suspension spring rate or stiffness. On a road course, you might notice a bit more responsiveness to throttle inputs as you negotiate a turn or power out of the corner, but there should not be any noticeable change to the car’s handling.

Diff Strut Kit:

There also seems to be some confusion on the strut. It doesn’t changing the handling or and is not designed for torsional rigidly. The purpose is to support the case and keep it from breaking. The struts are in tension and put the tranny and diff cases and their interface in compression so that when wheel hop does occur, you don’t get bending moments taking place at the trans to diff joint.

Overall: The mount is for torsion control (wheel hop), and the strut is for durability (strengthen case).

I hope this clears up any questions in regards to these two items. If you have further questions, fill free to post, send us an email or phone us.

Thanks,
Jason
260-245-0352 | info@hoosierpe.com
Old 03-10-2015, 12:38 PM
SpeedFreak87
Instructor

Thanks for the info ^_^
Old 03-10-2015, 12:42 PM
MJs1fastSS
Burning Brakes

Thank you for that.

Jason,

would you recomment removing the vibration dampner on the rear when installing the torque mount and leaving it off?

Get notified of new replies

To HoosierPE Diff Mount and Differential Strut Kits SALE

Old 03-10-2015, 01:49 PM
0HoosierPE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MJs1fastSS
Thank you for that.

Jason,

would you recomment removing the vibration dampner on the rear when installing the torque mount and leaving it off?
Thanks for the heads up - we do have this in the installation instructions.

Jason
Old 03-10-2015, 03:32 PM
cwalsh
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good!!!

I'll be keeping an eye on these

Chris
Old 03-21-2015, 01:44 AM
MJs1fastSS
Burning Brakes

Are these torque mounts in stock ready to ship now? You guys were waiting on the side pads

Last edited by MJs1fastSS; 03-22-2015 at 01:40 AM.

Quick Reply: HoosierPE Diff Mount and Differential Strut Kits SALE