Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

2001 or higher dual climate control hvac

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 04:14 AM
FadeAYepez
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 or higher dual climate control hvac

So long story short, when i bought my car it had the dreaded hvac actuator problem. I took it to the dealer where they wanted to rape me for 2500 bucks. I decided to jump on the internet and found you guys (corvetteforum). Fast forward to now, about a year later, and its blowing hot air again from passenger side. Disconnected battery, did #27 fuse pull and nothing to reset actuator. I really do not want to repplace it again as the first time it took me 6 hours to do the job. The first time i could actually hear the actuator keep on recycling because the teeth were broken. This time it doesnt, its as if its stuck. Im asking for 2001 and up hvac because i read that would also fix the problem. Someone please help, i swear i will trade my car for ford mustang if this cannot be fixed. Chevy has **** for wiring thanks in advance sorry about the rant
Old 05-03-2015, 08:57 AM
aerovette99
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by FadeAYepez
So long story short, when i bought my car it had the dreaded hvac actuator problem. I took it to the dealer where they wanted to rape me for 2500 bucks. I decided to jump on the internet and found you guys (corvetteforum). Fast forward to now, about a year later, and its blowing hot air again from passenger side. Disconnected battery, did #27 fuse pull and nothing to reset actuator. I really do not want to repplace it again as the first time it took me 6 hours to do the job. The first time i could actually hear the actuator keep on recycling because the teeth were broken. This time it doesnt, its as if its stuck. Im asking for 2001 and up hvac because i read that would also fix the problem. Someone please help, i swear i will trade my car for ford mustang if this cannot be fixed. Chevy has **** for wiring thanks in advance sorry about the rant
Did they replace the diaphram when they replaced the actuator? It sits about 4" in front of the passenger side actuator. If it develops a leaj, the blend door will not function correctly
Old 05-03-2015, 02:28 PM
FadeAYepez
Instructor

No clue what the diaphram is, i replaced the actuator myself and didnt know about a diaphram
Old 05-03-2015, 03:36 PM
aerovette99
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Diaphram looks like an wgr valve that has a hose connected to it in front of the passenger side actuator. When you replace the rifht side Actuator, you should check the diaphram for leaks
Old 05-04-2015, 02:17 AM
softtailrider
Instructor

Default pm sent

Pm sent
Old 05-26-2015, 11:59 PM
FadeAYepez
Instructor

Still need one, someone help me get a hold of one. Summer is gonna be hot and can not drive the car without air conditioning

Get notified of new replies

To 2001 or higher dual climate control hvac

Quick Reply: 2001 or higher dual climate control hvac