Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

The best, most comprehensive supercharger kit.....ever.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 10:00 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Default The best, most comprehensive supercharger kit.....ever.

I am currently building a twin turbo system for my baby. For that reason and that reason alone, I offer you the greatest supercharger kit to ever be offered.
The best of the best, one of a kind, high end supercharger system. Make 1600 horsepower and never worry about belt slip, ever. It can be modified to fit the C6 platform as well. The bracket was originally designed on a C6. The cog system got a bad rap and rightfully so. I’ve seen people out there fighting belt issues. I was one of them. I spent just under 2 years researching and upgrading this cog system to be what it is today. I did all the reading I could and wore the engineers at Gates out. They provided me with design and belt analysis software as well as advice. I was able to come up with solutions to the problems and with the help of Taylor Sims, owner of Dallas Performance, able to get parts manufactured. This cog system has been tested thoroughly and it is now perfected IMO. I designed it to utilize the latest and greatest belts in the industry. One is the GT3. The GT3 belt is the latest in technology and a softer rubber-style belt. The GT tooth is also what the strongest belts in the world use. While the GT3 belts have proven to be more than adequate, I also have the Polychain PS, a carbon Kevlar belt that is used in top fuel and offers triple the strength of the GT3. I have never had to use the Polychain on this system, since the GT3 has done so well. The greatest part of the GT3 belt is that it’s quite affordable. They’re less than 100.00 each. I have used the same belt throughout my testing. I have never had one fail. The Polychain belts are expensive, about 325.00 each retail. I will include 2 of them with the kit.
The F2 supercharger head unit has roughly 500 miles on it. Flowing up to 2700 CFM, it is the most powerful supercharger head unit that Procharger offers for a street car. It is self contained and the shaft is double keyed.
Coming out of the blower is a full 3.5” mandrel bent, hand TIG welded charge pipe system that includes 3 Tial Q blow-off valves.
Since I’m going turbo, the camshaft requirements will be different, so I’ll include this custom camshaft, designed personally by Brian Tooley himself.

The headers are Kooks with 2” primaries. They have the 2000° Jet Hot coating that includes their lifetime warranty. With their 2000° coating, they coat the headers inside and out. The remainder of the exhaust system includes the Kooks X pipe with V-band clamps on the back end and joined with a Magnaflow 2.5” cat back exhaust system. This exhaust system is what was on Arun’s car when he ran mid 8’s @160 in the 1/4mi.
The bracket is the Dallas Performance bracket, designed in tandem with a mechanical engineer, it’s well thought out and very robust and also hard anodized black. I’m told it’ll clear a stock C6 hood and believe it’ll clear a stock C5 hood as well. Worst case scenario, I’m confident some shorter Hinson motor mounts will solve any potential clearance issues. The direct drive is also hard anodized with a custom jack shaft, designed to accommodate the 6-rib back side serpentine.
Belt changes with this setup are quite simple. Before redesigning the system, I had to change belts a couple of times and was able to accomplish it from the top of the car in a matter of 30 minutes with basic hand tools.
The back side serpentine system has been converted to utilize the ZR1 compressor, with 50% more belt surface area. The better, C5 A/C bracket has been improved even further by relocating the idler closer to the balancer for even better bel t traction.
The ZR1 A/C compressor was purchased new from GM and has never been charged. It will also include a custom A/C line needed to make your connections to the dryer and condenser.
The radiator cradle was modified to allow for the Dewitt’s radiator to be lowered even further , so I’m able to get a 5” inlet tube into the blower with a straight shot and that’ll be included.
The intercooler is the best flowing air-to-air setup ever to be installed on a C5. Utilizing 4.5” Bell cores, it flows over 2200CFM with less than a 1psi drop. That’s a whopping 750CFM over their 3” core at the same width!! It has a custom V-band clamp style attachment configuration at the top so you’ll never have to worry about the charge pipe coming through your hood at WOT.
You’ll also get the custom top shroud if needed and if you have a C6, I can get you a top shroud for it.
Also included is a new steering rack relocation kit.
I’m also including the custom spun-cast 4” stainless charge pipe. Not mandrel bent. The diameter is uniform throughout the length of the pipe and I have a lot of time into making it fit perfectly.
This is the most comprehensive, well thought out kit you’ll ever come across. Along with the kit, you’ll get my full support throughout the installation and even help with tuning if needed.
I have spent over 20,000.00 on this system. I’m asking 11,500.00 cash.
I’ll be changing water pumps, so if you would like to get the Meziere pump off this system, I’ll add it for the buyer only for an additional 450.00. It was recently completely rebuilt by Meziere.
I’ll include a custom fiberglass velocity stack. Changing from the 4” bigmouth kit to the velocity stack picked me up 6.5psi boost.

In case you’re wondering how this could possibly add up to over 20k, here’s a list of items with their new and used, discounted pricing.
Pricing: New used value
Head unit new 4500.00 3000.00
Bracket with drive and cog 3800.00 2250.00
Headers 1200.00 750.00
Jet coating 600.00 350.00
Exhaust 500.00 250.00
ZR1 compressor 325.00 250.00
Custom AC bracket and pulley
And A/C line 1000.00 400.00
Custom rad cradle 600.00 300.00
Custom intercooler 1500.00 1100.00
Shroud 350.00 175.00
Balancer and cog pulleys 1000.00 600.00
Triple BOV’s 650.00 500.00
Custom piping 1000.00 400.00
Big mouth intake 350.00 200.00
BTR camshaft 420.00 included
Meziere high volume pump 760.00 450.00
Custom velocity stack 1000.00 included
Custom 5” big mouth 450.00 included

Total 20005.00 11500.00

Now for the pics:

Upper charge pipe and Direct Drive

The 6-rib serpentine system

Top view of the system

Charge pipe under construction

Then intercooler

The header flanges have been surfaced to a low amount of deviation from end to end.

Hand tig welded flanges on mandrel bent 3.5” Burns 304 stainless pipe.

With the BOV’s

The Dallas Performance bracket, mounted.

The finished product

11,500 plus fees and shipping. This will probably end up going via freight and I will spend a day building a proper crate to ensure your purchase arrives thoroughly protected and intact.
As I mentioned, you’ll get my support throughout the installation and installation and tuning is available if you desire, at an additional cost. Shipping overseas is a possibility as well

PM me with any questions or for my cell# if you would like to discuss via text or phone.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06; 06-06-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:59 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Holy $hitballz Batman!

If I had 11.5K I'd buy this in a heart beat. Knowing what he has into this thing and how much love an attention to detail he gives to something that he puts on this car, This is a steal of a deal!
Old 06-06-2015, 09:04 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Holy $hitballz Batman!

If I had 11.5K I'd buy this in a heart beat. Knowing what he has into this thing and how much love an attention to detail he gives to something that he puts on this car, This is a steal of a deal!
Thanks Mike.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Gregster
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is sick, makes me want to switch a lot of things... How much whp did you car made Brett?
Old 06-06-2015, 10:07 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Gregster
This is sick, makes me want to switch a lot of things... How much whp did you car made Brett?
I'm expecting on kill, it'll do ~1500whp. I didn't get to dyno it before pulling the motor.....again. At least I found the cause of the latest trouble. My billet reluctor wheel was installed 18° off from where it was supposed to be. Even still, it was making 21psi boost at 5100RPM and pulling unbelievably hard. My plan is: I'll keep working. If someone buys it, fine, I'll begin making way for the turbos and if it's not sold by the time I get everything back together, I'll install it and take it to the dyno to get all the numbers. Anyone that insists on proof that this cog system is perfected, can then come down and get the ride of their life while I demonstrate time and time again that it's perfected.
With the reluctor wheel being off so much, the electronics had a hard time staying in sync. When they lost sync, they were misfiring cylinders and it was quite violent. Even so, the belt never missed a beat.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:24 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,238 Likes on 13,936 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

That is one great looking setup. Best of luck with the sale - someone will get a badazz system.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:31 AM
JDS99
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

I have personally been in the car to feel some of the violent misfires due to reluctor. Belt had zero issues. For a cog, definitely a testament to the robustness of the system Bret has put together.

Anyone in the market for a big blower kit is not going to find another deal like this.

GLWS!
Old 06-07-2015, 06:54 AM
venomws7
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Baddest Supercharged kit ever this thing will be crazy on the streets and will run 7s with the right setup.
bump for a great seller and Best of luck with the sale Bret.

" Cough " Let me know check with some of my overseas friends " Cough "

Hussam
Old 06-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by venomws7
Baddest Supercharged kit ever this thing will be crazy on the streets and will run 7s with the right setup.
bump for a great seller and Best of luck with the sale Bret.

" Cough " Let me know check with some of my overseas friends " Cough "

Hussam
Thanks Sam! Let me know for sure!
Old 06-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
That is one great looking setup. Best of luck with the sale - someone will get a badazz system.
Originally Posted by JDS99
I have personally been in the car to feel some of the violent misfires due to reluctor. Belt had zero issues. For a cog, definitely a testament to the robustness of the system Bret has put together.

Anyone in the market for a big blower kit is not going to find another deal like this.

GLWS!
Thanks for the words gentlemen!
Old 06-07-2015, 09:03 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Turbo2L
If you're up for selling the headers and x-pipe separately please let me know. Awesome setup!

Thanks. Will offer them to the buyer, if they choose to not take the headers, then I'll offer them up.

I'll lower the price of the setup if someone wants the kit without the head unit or without the 6-rib setup or headers. I'm flexible in that regard, but the kit needs to go before I'll sell any peripheral items.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:13 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Send me an email please. Ron@VengeanceRacing.net
Old 06-08-2015, 05:02 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance Racing
Send me an email please. Ron@VengeanceRacing.net
How about a phone call instead.

Deal pending folks......

Old 06-09-2015, 04:54 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

do it Sammy,....

Get notified of new replies

To The best, most comprehensive supercharger kit.....ever.

Quick Reply: The best, most comprehensive supercharger kit.....ever.