Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Want louder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 08:58 AM
kboeh34
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Want louder exhaust

I have Z06 titanium currently installed on my 2004 coupe and want something louder.

Anyone want to trade? Or anyone selling a louder exhaust for cheap? I'm an hour south of Atlanta but will drive up to 2 hours for the exchange.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Highroller101
Instructor

I have a stainless works exhaust that's too loud for me.

What's the condition of yours? Mine is in near perfect condition. 29k on the car, ~15k on exhaust.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:11 PM
dearoldad
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default exhaust swap

Originally Posted by kboeh34
I have Z06 titanium currently installed on my 2004 coupe and want something louder.

Anyone want to trade? Or anyone selling a louder exhaust for cheap? I'm an hour south of Atlanta but will drive up to 2 hours for the exchange.
How many miles on the Z06 ti exhaust please. I just bought a 2002 with exhaust that is loud at idle but not obnoxious at cruising speed. Check out the pics and let me know if interested. I am near Greensboro, NC and can do a video with sound if you wish.
Best regards,
Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2015, 09:34 PM
kboeh34
Advanced

Originally Posted by dearoldad
How many miles on the Z06 ti exhaust please. I just bought a 2002 with exhaust that is loud at idle but not obnoxious at cruising speed. Check out the pics and let me know if interested. I am near Greensboro, NC and can do a video with sound if you wish.
Best regards,
Yeah send a video if you can that'd be great.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:36 PM
kboeh34
Advanced

Originally Posted by Highroller101
I have a stainless works exhaust that's too loud for me.

What's the condition of yours? Mine is in near perfect condition. 29k on the car, ~15k on exhaust.
I just bought the car it has 57k on the clock, but unknown on the exhaust. It looks like its in pretty good condition. I'll have a closer look when I pick it up this weekend, getting new tires put on then going to Petit Le Mans

Where are you located?
Old 10-04-2015, 10:32 PM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Winner

Have you considered doing the bypass mod to your TI? If you haven't heard of it Google search for comparisons and videos. It will increase your volume from what I have heard and not add weight like aftermarket exhausts will.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:15 AM
mattressbouncer
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I did the bypass mod and love it. At idle it is a little louder, cruising it sounds like factory and when you punchit and over pressurize the muffler it almost becomes a straight pipe and screams. So awesome, best off all worlds IMO.
Best link I could find. https://youtu.be/mmGiZMEtrNE

Last edited by mattressbouncer; 10-05-2015 at 06:25 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:25 AM
kboeh34
Advanced

I never would have thought of that. About how much would that cost at a muffler shop? I'm decent at welding but don't really wanna risk welding on titanium.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:18 PM
johnsos30
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Or look into DMH Electric cutouts. Quiet when you want or beast when you want it loud
Old 10-05-2015, 04:32 PM
mattressbouncer
Instructor

I had mine done by a guy in texas. I think it was $30 for the piece of 1.5" titanium pipe (I got 18" from a website I think was called titaniumjoe.com just in case) and $250 for him to do the cutting and welding. As you know titanium is a pain but it is well worth it in the end. Check around in your local area at exhaust shops or here on the forums in the region section.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:12 AM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C5 of Year Winner

Originally Posted by mattressbouncer
I had mine done by a guy in texas. I think it was $30 for the piece of 1.5" titanium pipe (I got 18" from a website I think was called titaniumjoe.com just in case) and $250 for him to do the cutting and welding. As you know titanium is a pain but it is well worth it in the end. Check around in your local area at exhaust shops or here on the forums in the region section.
What he said^^^^ Little pricey to work with titanium BUT so worth it. Also like someone mentioned cutouts is another option as well. IMO, Dhm cutouts and TI's with the by pass mod...... Doesn't get any sweeter. Here is a video of my car with cutouts closed then open. Different exhaust but these exhaust kill the ear candy a bit too much like the TI's seem to do too. I am going to by pass these later this week so I can stop driving everywhere with the cutouts open. You can see in the video when you just want to make some noise the cutouts just provide a fun option and with the push of a button you're back to a bit more civil sound

Old 10-07-2015, 09:53 AM
kboeh34
Advanced

I'm actually thinking about doing the bypass mod for my Z06 exhaust. Depending on the availability of a welder and the cost South of Atlanta.

If its a good enough price it sounds like thats what I'm looking for.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:08 AM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C5 of Year Winner

Originally Posted by kboeh34
I'm actually thinking about doing the bypass mod for my Z06 exhaust. Depending on the availability of a welder and the cost South of Atlanta.

If its a good enough price it sounds like thats what I'm looking for.
Report back what you decide
Old 10-11-2015, 09:06 PM
Psurugby
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm selling my corsa Z series titanium racing exhaust, I have a thread on here somewhere with the details.my car only had 8k miles on it when I took off the exhaust this summer. It has no mufflers only resonators. But I'm asking $1000 for it, they were over double that brand new. One of the reasons corsa stopped making that exhaust it was to expensive to make. It only weighs like 19lbs I believe. Let me know if interested at all. Not dong any trades though, thanks.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:20 AM
Deputy_Dangle
Racer

I have a set of quad tip Borla Stingers I would be willing to trade with cash on your end of coarse. I'm in South East GA (Waycross). PM me if you may be interested.

Get notified of new replies

To Want louder exhaust

Quick Reply: Want louder exhaust