Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

[FS-IL] Extreme Dimensions Carbon Fiber C5R Front Splitter

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 11:41 PM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15
Default [FS-IL] Extreme Dimensions Carbon Fiber C5R Front Splitter

Sold.

Last edited by imgn tht; 09-10-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:07 AM
Corvettez0601
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would u do $200 shipped?
Old 07-09-2016, 09:55 AM
directnosfogger
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Did you have cooling issues with this?
Old 07-09-2016, 10:06 AM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Originally Posted by directnosfogger
Did you have cooling issues with this?
Yes, but on the highway only as stated as reason for selling in the original post. My daily commute is all stop and go and never had an issue worth concerning. But from time to time I need to jump on the highway to visit family or for work and that's where I noticed it. I suppose I could have kept it and just chose to take my Terrain those days, but I bought the car to drive it.

I'm probably going to regret selling as I love the look it brought to the car and matches my side skirts.
Old 07-13-2016, 02:09 PM
XLR8BYU
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by imgn tht
Yes, but on the highway only as stated as reason for selling in the original post. My daily commute is all stop and go and never had an issue worth concerning. But from time to time I need to jump on the highway to visit family or for work and that's where I noticed it. I suppose I could have kept it and just chose to take my Terrain those days, but I bought the car to drive it.

I'm probably going to regret selling as I love the look it brought to the car and matches my side skirts.

I was having the same issues, but I opened up airflow and it helped.

If you do the front license plate screen mod and cut a 14in x 2in hold behind that into the plastic radiator cover, it will solve your hwy issues. A lot road course guys have done this type of mod to help with cooling issues on their functional front splitter. Looks great on your car with the side skirts. Might be worth exploring so you can keep the look you want
The following users liked this post:
imgn tht (07-18-2016)
Old 07-13-2016, 02:23 PM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Originally Posted by XLR8BYU
I was having the same issues, but I opened up airflow and it helped.

If you do the front license plate screen mod and cut a 14in x 2in hold behind that into the plastic radiator cover, it will solve your hwy issues. A lot road course guys have done this type of mod to help with cooling issues on their functional front splitter. Looks great on your car with the side skirts. Might be worth exploring so you can keep the look you want
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately my state requires a front plate and I've just recently gotten a ticket for not having it present (had filler plate there). I know I could relocate the plate somehow, but I hate it in the first place, so at least in it's intended position it is less noticeable overall. I've been looking into making the fog light areas functional to direct air to the radiator, but honestly I don't feel the extra effort to custom make these components is worth it just to have the look of the splitter. And there's no guarantee it will work (though in theory it should as it is no different than the front plate screen mod).

If I can't sell the splitter for a price that I'm comfortable with, then I suppose I'll reinstall and work on a plan B. For now, I'm not that attached to keeping it so if I can sell and move on, so be it.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:52 PM
XLR8BYU
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately my state requires a front plate and I've just recently gotten a ticket for not having it present (had filler plate there). I know I could relocate the plate somehow, but I hate it in the first place, so at least in it's intended position it is less noticeable overall. I've been looking into making the fog light areas functional to direct air to the radiator, but honestly I don't feel the extra effort to custom make these components is worth it just to have the look of the splitter. And there's no guarantee it will work (though in theory it should as it is no different than the front plate screen mod).

If I can't sell the splitter for a price that I'm comfortable with, then I suppose I'll reinstall and work on a plan B. For now, I'm not that attached to keeping it so if I can sell and move on, so be it.
We have the same front plate issue here, in Maryland. I've been lucky, I guess, because it has been overlooked thus far the pst 6 years. At speed, the front screen gives the impression there is something there. At the end of the day, I'm happy to pay a non-points ticket to keep my fun car looking the way I want.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:17 AM
VerTigo456
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Pm sent!
Old 08-11-2016, 10:35 PM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Back up top.

I looked into shipping via greyhound for a member in TX and it came to $117 for door to station. Meaning picked up at my home and delivered to a grey hound station near buyer. Thought I'd mention this as reference for those looking to have this shipped. Any offers need to keep this in consideration.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:56 PM
Corvettez0601
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll do $250 shipped
Old 09-02-2016, 08:59 AM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Bump
Old 09-04-2016, 12:26 AM
Tholtgard
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Splitter

I'd do 325 shipped.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:43 AM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Originally Posted by Tholtgard
I'd do 325 shipped.
That's a great offer, thank you. I am currently working with another member who committed to purchase. I'll update the post accordingly and advise if that deal falls through.

Last edited by imgn tht; 09-10-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:45 PM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13, '15

That's a great offer, thank you. I am currently working with another member who committed to purchase. I'll update the post accordingly and advise if that deal falls through.
Item is now sold. Thanks for looking.

Get notified of new replies

To [FS-IL] Extreme Dimensions Carbon Fiber C5R Front Splitter

Quick Reply: [FS-IL] Extreme Dimensions Carbon Fiber C5R Front Splitter