Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

C5 - Parting out DEDICATED Race-Car (Chicago)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 12:12 PM
AutobahnRacer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C5 - Parting out DEDICATED Race-Car (Chicago)

Sorry for the last post - I'm a bit new at the Classifieds and Rules. Revised post below:

I own a Fall-Line Motorsports built and Black Dog Speed Shop prepared C5 FRC (Z06) dedicated race car. Due to the faulty installation of a new brake package by Black Dog Speed Shop, the car lost brakes at 110mph just 2-laps into the first drive, and the car is essentially unrepairable due to damage exceeding value (frame damage alone is over $ 10,000).

This car was VERY WELL BUILT, and VERY FAST. I won the GT3 Championship at Autobahn Country Club, with about 28-cars in the group for 2014, have driven in NASA and HPDE's at various tracks. The parts and set up were great, with the EXCEPTION of the NEW BREMBO brake install in late April of 2015.

The car is now "up on blocks" in my Bolingbrook, IL warehouse being disassembled.

Moton 2-way adjustable (front and rear) w/billet mounting for rears and quick disconnects for all- $ 2,500 ($ 4,250 new) with Hyper Coil 7” Tall x 2.25” 700# and 800# springs

Fikse Wheels - $ 2000/set ($ 5,900 new/set) (18X11 Fronts and 18X12 Rears) with Black Anodizing

BBS Wheels - $ 1700/set

PFadt Sway Bars Front and Rear - $ 900 for the set ($ 1,500 new) - SOLD

Diff and Trans Coolers - $ 1,000 for both ($ 2,100 new) - SOLD

MOMO Wheel, Hub Adapter and Quick Disconnect - $ 400 ($ 775 new) SOLD

Brembo (rears) including caliper and rotors - $ 1,000 (2,800 new)

5lb Safecraft LT Fire Bottle 1301 Pull with billet bracket for cage - $ 350 ($ 550 new)

Carbon Fiber front Splitter - $ 600 ($ 950 new)

LG GT2 Wing and Mounting with Wicket - $ $ 2,100 ($ 2,700 for wing new + $ 1000 for mounting hardware) SOLD

Billy Boat Exhaust - $ 500 SOLD

Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft with BDR Billet Donuts - $ 850 ($ 1250 new)

Torque Tube - $ 800

Rockland Gear Transmission – DOG BOX for World Challenge - $ 3,000 ($ 11,000 new) SOLD

Rockland Gear Diff – $ 2,000 SOLD

Sparco Pro2000 Race Seats (quantity of 2) - $ 350 for the nearly 'unused' seat that was in my passenger side, and $ 250 for the driver's side seat that does have some 'fabric' wear. SOLD

Car is in the early stage of disassembly. I made the mistake of including my phone number and email address in an earlier post, which resulted in me repeating the information over and over to each request. As items sell, I'll try to keep this updated. Pictures to follow.

Last edited by AutobahnRacer; 01-22-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:37 PM
JonC5Z
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AutobahnRacer
Sorry for the last post - I'm a bit new at the Classifieds and Rules. Revised post below:

I own a Fall-Line Motorsports built and Black Dog Speed Shop prepared C5 FRC (Z06) dedicated race car. Due to the faulty installation of a new brake package by Black Dog Speed Shop, the car lost brakes at 110mph just 2-laps into the first drive, and the car is essentially unrepairable due to damage exceeding value (frame damage alone is over $ 10,000).

This car was VERY WELL BUILT, and VERY FAST. I won the GT3 Championship at Autobahn Country Club, with about 28-cars in the group for 2014, have driven in NASA and HPDE's at various tracks. The parts and set up were great, with the EXCEPTION of the NEW BREMBO brake install in late April of 2014.

The car is now "up on blocks" in my Bolingbrook, IL warehouse being disassembled.

Moton 2-way adjustable (front and rear) w/billet mounting for rears and quick disconnects for all- $ 2,500 ($ 4,250 new) with Hyper Coil 7” Tall x 2.25” 700# and 800# springs

Fikse Wheels - $ 2000/set ($ 5,900 new/set) (18X11 Fronts and 18X12 Rears) with Black Anodizing

BBS Wheels - $ 1700/set

PFadt Sway Bars Front and Rear - $ 900 for the set ($ 1,500 new)

Carbon Fiber Black Dog Speed Shop Front Splitter - $ 600

Diff and Trans Coolers - $ 1,000 for both ($ 2,100 new)

MOMO Wheel, Hub Adapter and Quick Disconnect - $ 400 ($ 775 new)

Brembo (rears) including caliper and rotors - $ 1,000 (2,800 new)

5lb Safecraft LT Fire Bottle 1301 Pull with billet bracket for cage - $ 350 ($ 550 new)

Carbon Fiber front Splitter - $ 600 ($ 950 new)

LG GT2 Wing and Mounting with Wicket - $ $ 2,100 ($ 2,700 for wing new + $ 1000 for mounting hardware)

Billy Boat Exhaust - $ 500

Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft with BDR Billet Donuts - $ 850 ($ 1250 new)

Torque Tube - $ 800

Rockland Gear Transmission – DOG BOX for World Challenge - $ 3,000 ($ 11,000 new)

Rockland Gear Diff – $ 2,000

Sparco Pro2000 Race Seats (quantity of 2) - $ 250/each

Car is in the early stage of disassembly. I made the mistake of including my phone number and email address in an earlier post, which resulted in me repeating the information over and over to each request. As items sell, I'll try to keep this updated. Pictures to follow.
I'm interested in the seats. How would you rate their condition? Also, would you ship them or is this pick up only?

Last edited by JonC5Z; 12-13-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:53 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

How did a brake kit that was installed nearly 3 years ago by Black Dog Speed Shop cause an accident? I've never heard of a faulty installation lasting 3 years.
Please post pics of the damage please so we can see what areas were affected. You have the front splitter and the rear wing listed for sale. Usually at least one of these parts are damaged in an accident.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:34 PM
AutobahnRacer
Racer

Originally Posted by JonC5Z
I'm interested in the seats. How would you rate their condition? Also, would you ship them or is this pick up only?
Passenger seat is in very good condition. I took it out of the car a few years ago. The drivers seat has some wear due to exit/entry, but is solid and comfortable. I'm not opposed to shipping, but they're big, and shipping costs will be paid by the buyer.

PICS

Was a passenger seat, and not installed in the car for quite some time. In very good condition, and I do have the pad for under the legs (not shown). Includes the slider mount.

Passenger seat with slider mount

Drivers seat currently mounted in car. Still comfy, but has wear in outer cover from entry/exit. Belts are NOT included in sale.

Close up of wear in outer cover.

Last edited by AutobahnRacer; 12-14-2016 at 09:40 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:39 PM
AutobahnRacer
Racer

Originally Posted by sperkins
How did a brake kit that was installed nearly 3 years ago by Black Dog Speed Shop cause an accident? I've never heard of a faulty installation lasting 3 years.
Please post pics of the damage please so we can see what areas were affected. You have the front splitter and the rear wing listed for sale. Usually at least one of these parts are damaged in an accident.
Not that it is relevant to your interest in buying parts, but it wasn't 3-years ago, it was May of 2015, and it occurred on the first day I drove the car after the brakes were installed, literally 2-laps into driving the car. I haven't driven the car since the accident, but am finally parting it out to complete my leaving the hobby.

As for damage, it is ALL drivers side. The car 'pancaked' at about 80mph at impact, into a tire-wall supported by guard rail. The nose is toast, all body panels on the drivers side, as well as the rear fascia and hood. The wing is perfect, and the splitter has a 4-5" long crack, but I believe still a good buy at the price listed.

Feel free to PM me if you have other questions that don't relate to the sale of the parts listed.

Thanks,
Old 12-13-2016, 01:57 PM
JonC5Z
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AutobahnRacer
Passenger seat is in very good condition. I took it out of the car a few years ago. The drivers seat has some wear due to exit/entry, but is solid and comfortable. I'm not opposed to shipping, but they're big, and shipping costs will be paid by the buyer.
Can you post pics of the drivers seat, along with closeups of the wear areas?
Old 12-13-2016, 08:47 PM
AutobahnRacer
Racer

Rear Canisters Mounted with Billet Cage Mounts

Left Rear Canister Mounted with Billet Cage Mounts

Right Rear Canister mounted with Billet Cage mounts

Rear Shock and Springs
Front canisters mounted to custom radiator shroud

Left Front shock and spring mounted

Front Canisters
Old 12-13-2016, 09:18 PM
heypal
Pro

How many miles on the shocks and how many track/race/hpde days?
Any damage to them?
Old 12-13-2016, 09:19 PM
2Fass240us
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Which Billy Boat exhaust is it? Is the front radiator undamaged and if so, details and price?
Old 12-14-2016, 12:29 AM
jaycoy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pic of wheels please

815-405-8148
Old 12-14-2016, 06:54 AM
AutobahnRacer
Racer

Originally Posted by heypal
Any damage to them?
Shocks are in great shape. No damage. They have been dyno tunes recently prior to incident.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:11 AM
AutobahnRacer
Racer

Originally Posted by 2Fass240us
Which Billy Boat exhaust is it? Is the front radiator undamaged and if so, details and price?
I'm not too sure of the model number. I just added pics to the thread, including the X-pipe. I'm not opposed to shipping all of this, but that expense will be up to the buyer.

The full system, from front to back.

I haven't buffed and polished, but these are in pretty good shape.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:13 AM
AutobahnRacer
Racer

Originally Posted by heypal
Any damage to them?
The Motons are 8-9 years old, but I couldn't possibly tell you miles/track days. I live in Chicago, so our season is a max of 7-months, and in those early years I was at the track a lot more than later. I also ran 3-different track prepped cars, and there were literally YEARS that I didn't drive this car at all.

There is no damage to these parts.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:35 AM
AutobahnRacer
Racer

Default Front splitter pics

Cracked on the driver side, and extends about 4-more inches under the nose. Easily repairable.

Taken from the underside of the car. The splitter is big and effective, covering a good portion of the front end of the car.

Taken pre-install when brand new.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:54 AM
AutobahnRacer
Racer

Default Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft

I did some more disassembly today, and the Carbon Fiber drive shaft looks amazing. Billet ends and drive shaft have matching serial numbers:

Drive Shaft and Billet ends shown with serial numbers. I do not know the brand.

Carbon Fiber drive shaft
Old 12-16-2016, 08:40 AM
Titan22
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JonC5Z
Could you post a pic of rear brembo's and rotors also what gears in the differential? I'm in Tx but lived in Naperville for years and have a friend who could come out and pick up. Thx Rich
Old 12-16-2016, 05:59 PM
AutobahnRacer
Racer

Default BREMBO's for the rear

Originally Posted by Titan22
Could you post a pic of rear brembo's and rotors also what gears in the differential? I'm in Tx but lived in Naperville for years and have a friend who could come out and pick up. Thx Rich
I don't have a date on these, but they worked with zero issues. I think they're discolored due to heat, otherwise working fine.

Rotors are in very good condition, and they have new pads. I do have the other mount (not shown), I just have to take it off of the rear chassis.

Spacers shown on top of rotor - no charge if you need them.

Spacers shown on top of rotor - no charge if you need them.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 - Parting out DEDICATED Race-Car (Chicago)

Old 12-17-2016, 08:51 AM
kdm123
Pro

Received 92 Likes on 63 Posts

Do you have the front brakes for sale?
Is the engine for sale?
Thanks
Old 12-17-2016, 10:08 AM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Are you selling that fast intake I see in the pictures? Looks like a 102? How many miles on it and is there any damage from the accident? More pics please if possible.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:39 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

good luck on the sale of everything don.

sorry didnt read earlier about the frame damage

Last edited by dvandentop; 12-18-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Quick Reply: C5 - Parting out DEDICATED Race-Car (Chicago)