Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Stealthbox for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 01:39 PM
mrkln
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stealthbox for sale

I am looking into redesigning the stereo in my car and am would like to sell my Image Dynamics IDMAX to try one of the new JL Audio W7 drivers. The box I created is loaded with a 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX. ~Click here~ for a writeup on how the box was constructed. For those who don't know about the IDMAX, it is regarded in the audio community as one of the top drivers that you can currently buy. I purchased it new for $450. The driver has a dual 2 ohm voice coil so it may be wired for a 1 ohm load or a 4 ohm load. Right now, it is wired for 4 ohms.
~Click here~ for more information on the driver itself.

I am asking $500 plus shipping for the box/driver and if you are fortunate enough to own a coupe with a tan interior, I would throw in the mat for an extra $50 for a grand total of $550 plus shipping.

Anybody interested?

[Modified by mrkln, 12:40 PM 2/13/2003]
Old 02-13-2003, 08:32 PM
Beefy
Racer

Default Re: Stealthbox for sale (mrkln)

Corey,
I may actually be intersted in that box/sub.
I loked your setup when we met at the mod party and the nice part would be thhat you wouldn't have to deal with packing and shipping the thing.

Just curious, did you ever measure SPL on the car with that setup???? Before you say it, I know, that sub is necessarily designed for SPL and that was not your ultimate goal when building the system (nor is it mine) I'm just curious.

Anyway, it looks like our systems will be very similar based on the mids and tweets I am going with and the source unit and amps that I have lined up, so I think your sub setup would work nicely with my plan.

Why the W7? is it really that much better than the IDMAX or just looking for something different?

Shannon
Old 02-13-2003, 08:56 PM
MIKE-C5
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'08

How heavy is the box........
Is it removeable????????? :steering:
Old 02-13-2003, 09:59 PM
mrkln
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Stealthbox for sale (Beefy)

Shannon,

I never took any SPL readings with the sub in the car but I can tell you that it definately got very loud. To loud to sit in the car really. :yesnod: That driver is a SQL driver (sound quality as well as SPL). I am just in the mood to try something different.

How heavy is the box........
Is it removeable????????? :steering:
The box/driver is just over 40 lbs and yes, it is removable. :yesnod:
Old 02-13-2003, 11:03 PM
1Bad2000C5
Instructor

Done deal i want it what amp did you run it off of and would you like to sell that also? Will removable hard top still lock in place over it? email me at fash00@aol.com as long as there is nothign wrong and the top will fit i want it also anyway you could put black carpet on it for me ?
thanks
dave
Old 02-13-2003, 11:37 PM
mrkln
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Stealthbox for sale (1Bad2000C5)

You have mail 1Bad2000C5. :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Stealthbox for sale

Quick Reply: Stealthbox for sale