C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

IAC Counts High??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 11:38 AM
slo-vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IAC Counts High??

I have been trying to get my idle perfected with a large cam. It seems to idle good but the IAC Position is in the 170s. After reading past posts and the tuning guides they say to shoot for counts in the 40 range. Using HP Tuners' Scanner under VCM Controls, making changes to the IAC Steps has no bearing on the counts. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Old 05-19-2005, 09:54 PM
gojo
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by slo-vette
I have been trying to get my idle perfected with a large cam. It seems to idle good but the IAC Position is in the 170s. After reading past posts and the tuning guides they say to shoot for counts in the 40 range. Using HP Tuners' Scanner under VCM Controls, making changes to the IAC Steps has no bearing on the counts. Can anyone shed some light on this?
The IAC count references apply to FBodies. You don't need to worry about them for C5's.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Dixit
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yea that took me awhile to figure that out as well. My IAC counts sit at max limit and the desired position moves around. Finally someone told me not to worry about it.

I kinda knew it didnt apply to us because most of the howto's kept talking about setting the set screw, and you definetely dont have that on a drive by wire.

Dixit
Old 05-24-2005, 11:21 AM
slo-vette
Instructor

Thanks for the info. So no one tunes this for h/c cars?
Old 05-24-2005, 12:02 PM
Dixit
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Right dont worry about that on vettes, just make sure your Base Running Airflow is correct and your VE table is correct and Idle is good. Those are usually the main ones to check/adjust on a h/c vette.

Dixit
Old 05-24-2005, 12:15 PM
slo-vette
Instructor

How can you determine if the Base Running Airflow (RAF) table is "correct"? I had to raise it greatly just to get her to run. Currently working on the VE tables and Idle is good when stationary.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:38 PM
gojo
Melting Slicks

How can you determine if the Base Running Airflow (RAF) table is "correct"? I had to raise it greatly just to get her to run. Currently working on the VE tables and Idle is good when stationary.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1549592032

You might find some ideas here.

Last edited by gojo; 05-26-2005 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:47 AM
slo-vette
Instructor

Thanks, that was helpful. I am tuning via a WB though and haven't been using the trims (open loop SD).
Old 05-30-2005, 10:34 PM
gojo
Melting Slicks

Thanks, that was helpful. I am tuning via a WB though and haven't been using the trims (open loop SD).
You asked about Base Running Airflow(idle airflow). You need to input correct values regardless of SD tuning.

Get notified of new replies

To IAC Counts High??

Quick Reply: IAC Counts High??