C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

ODBII Scanner Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 02:06 PM
DJD Z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ODBII Scanner Recommendation

I've had my 2003 Z06 for three months and it's been in the shop 4 times now sometimes as simple as a reset the check engine light.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced ODBII scanner that will let me view the codes and reset if necessary? I see the various models at AutoZone and Pep Boys, but would appreciate some direction.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Got PSI
Advanced

I have a Actron model that I bought at a chain auto parts store with the led display. Only cost around $50 I believe. Its nothing special, but it does what I need it to (scans, erases codes).
Old 07-26-2005, 03:05 PM
DJD Z06
Instructor

Thanks, I appreciate the input.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:47 PM
jophis37
Racer

Originally Posted by DJD Z06
I've had my 2003 Z06 for three months and it's been in the shop 4 times now sometimes as simple as a reset the check engine light.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced ODBII scanner that will let me view the codes and reset if necessary? I see the various models at AutoZone and Pep Boys, but would appreciate some direction.

I just bought an 02 z06, I was wondering can't you simply reset the trouble codes by pressing and holding the options while pressing the fuel button 4 times. I know this will do a diagnostic scan and tell you the current and past codes. And you can also reset them by holding down the reset button, while a specific code is being displayed.

Is this something different from what you need to do, or will this work for you. I also have a list of the codes and what they mean if this will help you.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:59 PM
yelloyello
Melting Slicks

CI 6-7, 9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by jophis37
I just bought an 02 z06, I was wondering can't you simply reset the trouble codes by pressing and holding the options while pressing the fuel button 4 times. I know this will do a diagnostic scan and tell you the current and past codes. And you can also reset them by holding down the reset button, while a specific code is being displayed.

Is this something different from what you need to do, or will this work for you. I also have a list of the codes and what they mean if this will help you.
I have it as well, why spend the money if you don't have to
Old 07-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I've got the Actron #CP9135 and I just used it again tonight to reset the check engine light. It's a monthly occurence and it's always the same thing - that lousy fuel cap! Tomorrow I go have a chat with a dealer about giving me a new one. Anyway, the Actron is a good little machine, easy to use, and relatively inexpensive.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:53 PM
TLKSCHP
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is free
https://www.corvetteforum.com/techti...D=26&TopicID=1
Old 08-03-2005, 09:53 AM
minytrker
Burning Brakes

I have an autoxray 2000....it does almost everycar and is upgradable, got mine off ebay.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Mike_88Z51
Drifting

Location: Sacramento, CA Money can't buy happiness - but it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than a Yugo.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For simply pulling codes the price is probably a bit more than you want to pay, but Ease Diagnostics sells an OBD2 scan tool that will scan the available parameters of all GM OBD2 vehicles through 2004 for $350. It has the ability to record hours of information to help pinpoint intermittant problems. Like the dealer's Tech-2 scan tool, the Ease tool has bi-directional capability for testing. Even the scan periods can be set for the parameters being scanned. Ease is a partner with GM.

The Ease GM OBD2 personal version runs on any WindowsXP, 2000, NT4-SP6, or Win 98 PC/notebook. They even have a generic OBD2 scan tool for the Palm Pilot and other PDAs. Check out www.odb2.com for more info. If anyone is interested in an Ease scan tool, as a rep. I can get them a discount.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:50 PM
voda1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

correct url is www.obd2.com
Old 09-08-2005, 07:48 AM
barkingowl
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Ease is a great tool. The datalogger is too.

Get notified of new replies

To ODBII Scanner Recommendation

Quick Reply: ODBII Scanner Recommendation