C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

hptuners and larger injectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 12:26 PM
distinctz06
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

Default hptuners and larger injectors

I plan on running larger injectors to support a larger (100-150) dry shot. Is there and injector constant or setting for the corvettes that I can change and have the car run exactly the same with the larger injectors? Im worried about effecting the manners of the car as it sits stock.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:38 PM
0foff667
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Injector flow rate vs. KPA

Its in the engine form under fuel control-general.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:10 AM
distinctz06
Racer

so if i change it there is will effect all fueling such as startup and everything then technically the car would drive the same?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:54 AM
hex
Pro

Yes, you can find the constant table on the HP forum, but how did you plan on getting the extra enrichment, only when N20 is activated?
Old 03-23-2007, 10:52 AM
0foff667
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by distinctdev
so if i change it there is will effect all fueling such as startup and everything then technically the car would drive the same?
the ifr table affects everything from idle, part throttle & wot...depending on how large the injectors are it may or may not be a one & done type of adjustment. The larger the injector the harder it is for the computer to compensate for idle pulse widths & such.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:04 PM
distinctz06
Racer

Originally Posted by hex
Yes, you can find the constant table on the HP forum, but how did you plan on getting the extra enrichment, only when N20 is activated?
the same way people a retarding timing... im assuming there is a fuel table vs MAF where i can add fuel for higher airflow rates which those cells will only be hit on the bottle. if this wont work let me know
Old 03-23-2007, 07:48 PM
hex
Pro

I run N20 wet, and use the IAT table, with a little harness I make for it, and it works flawlessly, but right off the top of my head, can't think of a solution to add enrichment on demand, without screwing something else up. Spraying nitrous on the hot wire always has been, and is a bad idea, but I'm not sure that's what you are meaning here. Anybody else tried this?
Old 03-24-2007, 01:06 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Default larger injectors

YES---when you install differnent injectors you need to change the "injector flow rate " table in the ECM--The current table is also usually scaled--for example say you have stock 26 lb injectors, at high vacuum they may start at 27 lbs and are scaled down to 25 lbs at low vacuum (WOT).Just follow the same scaling they did. If you do nothing and installed 30 lb. injectors and you car came with 26's then you fueling will be extremly rich--(Having a number smaller in the ECM then what is actually in there , makes it rich---and vice versa)--A larger number in the ECM than what is in there makes it lean---This of corse is in open loop or power enrichment (WOT) only.
At part throttle, the 02's will try to get you an AFR of 14.63 no matter what you have installed--However it can only adjust so far and it will throw a code and stop adjusting

Get notified of new replies

To hptuners and larger injectors

Quick Reply: hptuners and larger injectors