Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Scan & Tune
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C5 Scan & Tune
Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 07-07-2007, 01:06 PM   #1
pieces_r6
CF Member

Default no start after new PCM / ECM

Hi All!

I finally went for hptuner, as there was a need for a friend's c5.

Basically, I had bought a full 430hp LPE kit for my 2000 c5 but finaly sold it to my friend as in the meantime I had sold my C5 without installing this kit. Both cars are the same, same year, same trans, ... in fact, their VIn numbers have only about 200 cars difference.

So ... we had to install my Lingenfelter PCM on his c5. For this, there was a need to update the VIN number, which we did.

Unfortunately, the car still didn't want to start and it was normal as we have been told we would need also to relink the VATS. What we did this morning, and ... the car still doesn't want to start.

To say that we are both on the edge of becoming crazy is an understatement (we are both far from each other, and make a lot of miles each time we have to get working together).

Anyone has any clue as to what is going on? We're both making our first steps on the hptuner things and do our best but sometimes it's beyond my imagination

Thanks

David
pieces_r6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #2
0euro@EFIAlchemy.com
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieces_r6 View Post
Hi All!

I finally went for hptuner, as there was a need for a friend's c5.

Basically, I had bought a full 430hp LPE kit for my 2000 c5 but finaly sold it to my friend as in the meantime I had sold my C5 without installing this kit. Both cars are the same, same year, same trans, ... in fact, their VIn numbers have only about 200 cars difference.

So ... we had to install my Lingenfelter PCM on his c5. For this, there was a need to update the VIN number, which we did.

Unfortunately, the car still didn't want to start and it was normal as we have been told we would need also to relink the VATS. What we did this morning, and ... the car still doesn't want to start.

To say that we are both on the edge of becoming crazy is an understatement (we are both far from each other, and make a lot of miles each time we have to get working together).

Anyone has any clue as to what is going on? We're both making our first steps on the hptuner things and do our best but sometimes it's beyond my imagination

Thanks

David
Not sure about HP Tuners, but with EFI LIve you can completely disable VATS, if you can do this with HP give it a try, if it still doesnt start then you have other problems.
euro@EFIAlchemy.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:10 AM   #3
pieces_r6
CF Member

Thank you EuroSpec1

I'll try that (yes you can do it too).
pieces_r6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:10 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Scan & Tune
Reload this Page no start after new PCM / ECM

Tags
ecm, pcm, start