C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Failed the Emissions Test

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 12:50 PM
24hr Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Failed the Emissions Test

Car is a 2004 Z06 with twin turbos, cam, 60lb injectors, no cats, and an SD tune, the maf is not hooked up.

The car failed emissions for the following:
OBD Monitor Readiness Status
- Catalyst: Not Ready
- Evaporative System: Not Ready
- Secondary Air Systemt: Not Ready
- Oxygen Sensor: Not Ready
- Oxygen Sensor Heater: Not Ready

I have EFI Live and was wondering if I can single out certain parameters in C6001 (Engine DTC Processing Enablers) to pass the emissions test.. Also, before I go back and spend $40 for the inspection, can I run the EFI live emissions test to find out if Ill pass the states?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2008, 07:20 AM
ROJO99
Melting Slicks

Do they do a visual inspection? If so tuning out the errors will not help. Here in Ohio when we had emissions, there was an option to resister as a Collectors car. I would look into this first...

Good Luck.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Wt99C5
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=24hr Z06;1567334734The car failed emissions for the following:

Thanks[/QUOTE]

you didn't fail the test, it really never started. you need to simply drive the car, then check the status.. they will go ready. i'll post another link when i find it.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Wt99C5
Burning Brakes

here's the link
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...ight=emissions
Old 10-04-2008, 09:04 PM
SUPERCRUZ
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As WT99C5 notes you might be able to drive the car and get Readiness monitors to come on-line. I am going through a similar situation with my 03 TR Coupe H/C car right now. I was not able to get emissions to run on three separate occasions in Sept. I had Catalyst, O2, Evap, and Secondayr Air monitors not set. My car is still with my tuner trying to figure this mess out.

A couple things to keep in mind. Are you getting any codes? You are not running Cats so I assume you are running O2 sims otherwise I think you are going to continue to be in trouble getting the readiness monitors to go ready. I believe you at least need to run front O2s and turn rears off and set to not report MIL. I was told by my tuner that the C5 employs certain emissions blocking strategies if certain emission system do not operate properly. This means one system may be malfunctioning and could block other systems from going to ready state.

My tuner found my rear O2s were not setup right and there was a vacuum line left off the back of the intake manifold that contributed to my issues. I am still waiting to get my car back after 3 weeks with my tuner. Drive cycles may solve your issues but then again they may not. Driving my car did nothing and I did not have any codes. Good luck with your car.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:43 AM
0Slowhawk
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 24hr Z06

Car is a 2004 Z06 with twin turbos, cam, 60lb injectors, no cats, and an SD tune, the maf is not hooked up.

The car failed emissions for the following:

I have EFI Live and was wondering if I can single out certain parameters in C6001 (Engine DTC Processing Enablers) to pass the emissions test.. Also, before I go back and spend $40 for the inspection, can I run the EFI live emissions test to find out if Ill pass the states?

Thanks
This is simple to pass. Get rid of all the codes for the 02's,EVAP and secondary air. I mean every code related to them in the computer.When they are all gone the system will be ready in all those perameter's. Driving it around will do nothing.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:28 PM
vsocks1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
This is simple to pass. Get rid of all the codes for the 02's,EVAP and secondary air. I mean every code related to them in the computer.When they are all gone the system will be ready in all those perameter's. Driving it around will do nothing.
When you say get rid of the codes...what does that specifically mean? Are you talking about DIC Codes or EFI Live programming options?
I am trying to get mine ready for emmisions testing this week. No codes and headers with high flow cats. All 02 sensors in place. Just checked and I have some readiness tests not ready, 02, catalyst, evap but have only driven once since last EFI Live program download.

Last edited by vsocks1; 10-06-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:32 PM
hpcubed
Pro

Slowhawk,

When you say get rid of them do you mean set them to "Do not report". I tried to get rid them this way but they would not set to ready. Maybe I did not turn them all off. But I tried real hard get that air pump shut off.

Also if you reset the computer by software or battery, you have to achieve certain driving conditions to set each parameter to ready state. It may take a couple of drive cycles. If you do a search on OBDII you can find the recommended drive sequence to set the codes to ready. This is from my own experience. My car is allowed 2 not ready conditions and will still pass.

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Old 10-22-2008, 09:39 PM
vsocks1
Melting Slicks

I passed with one "not ready" in WI. In two days I could not get that one test to set ready. It was the catalyst system. I checked with EFI Live right before the test!
Old 10-27-2008, 01:24 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Eveytime you interupt the comupter --you re-set the readines monitors--all of them !! Interupting means --unhooking the battery--reading codes with a scanner--reading ECM with a data-logger--Or downloading a new tune or copying your existing one--
If you are running true SD tune the cats and the 02's don't come into play--So you need to turn OFF all the enablers to all the pertenant codes relating to both the front and rear 02's--and then all the cat performance ones as well--( heating- switching -low voltage- hi voltage ETC.)
Old 10-27-2008, 02:37 PM
vsocks1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tblu92
Eveytime you interupt the comupter --you re-set the readines monitors--all of them !! Interupting means --unhooking the battery--reading codes with a scanner--reading ECM with a data-logger--Or downloading a new tune or copying your existing one--
If you are running true SD tune the cats and the 02's don't come into play--So you need to turn OFF all the enablers to all the pertenant codes relating to both the front and rear 02's--and then all the cat performance ones as well--( heating- switching -low voltage- hi voltage ETC.)
Just reading PCM with EFI Live did not reset the readiness monitors for me. Battery or download did though!
Old 11-19-2008, 04:56 PM
cablebandit
Instructor

will it go into closed loop without the maf?
Old 06-19-2009, 12:54 PM
valdeztke
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tblu92
Will this show them as "ready"?

Get notified of new replies

To Failed the Emissions Test

Quick Reply: Failed the Emissions Test