C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Tune - How much and where? Western NY

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 04:58 PM
kettemr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tune - How much and where? Western NY

I live in the Buffalo, NY area. I believe my car could use a good tune. Main issue is pinging at high revs. Does anyone know where the best place to get a tune is in western NY and how much it should cost? Thanks.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:44 PM
BAL04MSG
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been researching this myself and I have only been able to find two places in the area that offer a tune and/or performance upgrades. They are 1) J and J Speed Shop in West Seneca and 2) PJ's Performance in North Tonawanda. Hope this helps and if you know of anyone else please let me know.

Blake
Old 03-19-2009, 03:04 AM
Anomir
Pro

I am planning on driving from NC to see Chuck at Corvettes of Westchester. He tuned my C6 and want him to tune my C5 now. I would suggest you give him a try.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:46 PM
SearayC5
Burning Brakes

Chuck Cow does great work. He tuned my C5Z and C6Z, for simple vararam and wake up tunes. He will tune my C5Z in May after my cam swap. He is great. Just tell him Alex Harrington recommended you.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:42 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by kettemr
I live in the Buffalo, NY area. I believe my car could use a good tune. Main issue is pinging at high revs. Does anyone know where the best place to get a tune is in western NY and how much it should cost? Thanks.

Hey man, what year car do you have, and what mods do you have on it?
I can help you....give me a call at the shop, i am here late most evenings...
914-332-0049

Stay Tuned
Chuck CoW
Old 03-22-2009, 10:42 AM
kawoods
Racer

There is a place in Rochester called: New Era Performance
http://www.neweraperformanceparts.com

I have heard good results from C5/C6 owners who have tuned their cars there.

Also, BTF Racing did my tune (small shop with tons of turbo experience.
http://www.baldturbofreak.com
Not sure if he still has the same shop location and maybe just doing stuff on the side.
I have worked with him to design a alt bracket for the ProCharger vers.1 to increase tension on the belt without causing belt wobble/slippage (see his CNC machine setup on his page).
Also,gets calls from Corvettes Etc. in Livonia, NY (no website) to tune quite a few vettes.

Hope this helps!

KFW
Old 04-03-2009, 01:01 AM
Mrs. CoW
Racer

Another fan of Chuck CoW here.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Dorslamr
Advanced

Kennedy's dynotune, 3165 Niagara Falls blvd., also in N. Tonawanda. My son had his Ford lightning done there, he has a Dynojet and I believe he charged $500 which included 3 pulls on the dyno. Not sure how this tuning business works, is this somthing that needs to be done on a dyno to be correct or can it be done long distance by sending information back and forth to a tune shop such as Chuck Cow? I have done some research on the Diablo Sport Predator and it seems like a possibility. I live in N. Tonawanda and just bought my first Vette, a 04 Z which is presently all stock, I am considering installing some LT's, CAI and possibly a cam, although in this economy I don't want to take too much of a hit in the MPG.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Mrs. CoW
Racer

Originally Posted by Dorslamr
Kennedy's dynotune, 3165 Niagara Falls blvd., also in N. Tonawanda. My son had his Ford lightning done there, he has a Dynojet and I believe he charged $500 which included 3 pulls on the dyno. Not sure how this tuning business works, is this somthing that needs to be done on a dyno to be correct or can it be done long distance by sending information back and forth to a tune shop such as Chuck Cow? I have done some research on the Diablo Sport Predator and it seems like a possibility. I live in N. Tonawanda and just bought my first Vette, a 04 Z which is presently all stock, I am considering installing some LT's, CAI and possibly a cam, although in this economy I don't want to take too much of a hit in the MPG.

Give Chuck CoW a call at the shop , you will get all the answers you need and then some
All you have to lose is a few minutes of your time. Here is his number 914-332-0049

FireEyes
Old 04-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

I had Chuck at Corvettes of Westchester do a tune for me and the tune was fantastic, Not sure how far he is from you, But he knows his stuff.... He also has a mail order tune that is out of this world.
Bill K
Old 04-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Dorslamr
Advanced

For sure I will give him a call, Thanks!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:13 PM
ultradriver10000
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You guys do realize Westchester NY is about 6+ hours from Buffalo right?

I lived in Buffalo and had all the tuning done by Mike, at New Era in Rochester. Great guys.

They put my gears in and one of the seals they installed ripped, I was leaking fluid all over, they went through the entire rear end again got it done and back to me asap.

I can't say anything bad at all about them, plus they have great prices.

Tell Mike Josh with the Red C5 sent you. He did my car to the tune of 450whp na 550whp juice.

1-585-865-1832

I will have their sticker on my car for this years AKA Rally. Mike really goes out of his way to help you out.

I had a problem here in Houston with my car and he spent hours on the phone helping me out.

Only a one hour drive too!
http://www.neweraperformanceparts.com/

My car is the red vette at about 1:01 ...
http://www.fquick.com/videos/New_Era_Performance/4071

Old 04-22-2009, 08:20 PM
99TRFRC
Advanced

Try Redline-motorsports in the Albany area Howard is worth the trip!

Get notified of new replies

To Tune - How much and where? Western NY

Quick Reply: Tune - How much and where? Western NY