C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

When to tune after header install?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Dobeman2000
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default When to tune after header install?

I want to install Melroase headers on my 02 and read the following on the Melrose headers website:

"I have heard I shouldn't dyno my C-6 directly after header install?

This is true. When the battery is disconnected the vehicle loses it's memory. The car should be driven at least 88 miles with 15 starts and stops. If the battery was not disconnected during install, disconnect it before this process. This will clear the fuel trims and allow th ecar to learn faster."

Now, would this apply to a my C5 as well? Should I drive the car around awhile before I get it tuned? I got a reasonable qoute from Straightline Performance in New Lennox, IL and was planning on having them install the headers for me. I would need to drive about 60 miles to their shop and would prefer not to have to go there twice. Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:34 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Yes---drive it about 50-75 miles all sort of different ways---LT's most always make the WOT fuel rich anyways so it should be safe--But i still wouldn't run it hard too much--And letting the exhaust settle in a little will allow any exh. leaks to rear their ugly head-Always Fix those 1st before tuning as well or you will get incorrect data via the data logger--
Old 01-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Dobeman2000
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tblu92
Yes---drive it about 50-75 miles all sort of different ways---LT's most always make the WOT fuel rich anyways so it should be safe--But i still wouldn't run it hard too much--And letting the exhaust settle in a little will allow any exh. leaks to rear their ugly head-Always Fix those 1st before tuning as well or you will get incorrect data via the data logger--
thanks
Old 01-24-2012, 11:58 PM
kp1
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Not necessary to drive it any distance at all prior to having it tuned.

Get notified of new replies

To When to tune after header install?

Quick Reply: When to tune after header install?