C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Z 0 6 Throwing too many codes HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 03:52 PM
jrayheyhey
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Z 0 6 Throwing too many codes HELP!

Hello, thank you in advance for looking. I have an 04 Z06 throwing the below codes. At first I was going to have one of those ECBM rebuild places rebuild my ABS module, but after I spoke with the guy about the codes my car is throwing, he suggested it may be the ECU bad. So I am not sure what to do here...Any suggestions? Thanks!!!!

Here are the codes. Traction control is definitely not working, not sure about other systems.

C1248 abs. Ebcm turned on red brake warning lamp
C1254 no DTC
C1277 requested torque signal malfunction
C1278. Traction control system inhibited buy powertrain control module
Old 03-19-2012, 07:04 PM
steveovette
Instructor

Are all these codes current or some history, and do they come back on after being cleared?
Any recent work done suspension wise?
Old 03-20-2012, 02:42 AM
jrayheyhey
Cruising

Originally Posted by steveovette
Are all these codes current or some history, and do they come back on after being cleared?
Any recent work done suspension wise?
I just bought this car. Cleared all the codes yesterday and drove it a good 50 miles today, no codes so far. I slammed on the brakes to test the ABS, and it seems to work ok, light comes on dash showing it is active. Unfortunately traction control doesn't work so bye bye tires I was told if I brought it to a shop that had a real scanner other than my $225 pep boys ACTRON the professional scanner would show exactly what exact problems the modules were having. So I may try to find a Corvette shop that has that software. Feels like this DYI is a little over my head, even with all the software and data on the net, the variable of error are tremendous.

Get notified of new replies

To Z 0 6 Throwing too many codes HELP!

Quick Reply: Z 0 6 Throwing too many codes HELP!