C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

having a little trouble. BAD MAF?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 09:33 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default having a little trouble. BAD MAF?

Details on car: 03 z06 procharged, cam, e85, tail 50 bov

the car idles perfectly and the fuel trims are damn near perfect. when you rev up the car it revs fine but the problem is when its coming down off the rev. when it is coming down it either dies or it stumbles to catch itself and half the time it recovers the other half it dies. the maf is reading correctly and is linear. when you unplug the maf and rev the car it is perfect and catches it self perfectly.

so do i have a bad maf? or is it the tune

Last edited by idontknow; 07-14-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:58 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

More that likely in the tune---Just make sure your MAF is clean and not oil fouled
To correct dying when lifting and coming to a stop both "in gear" and in "P/N" can be done using the "Throttle Follower " table in your tune-very common with modded engines---To correct dying remove a % from P/N or In gear (wherever it's happening)
Start with about -5% --start engine and see if fixed---If you go too far you'll have the opposite affect---Engine will have a hanging idle--then simply add some % back
You must have a full tuner to access these tables--Or get a mail order tune
Old 07-15-2014, 10:09 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tblu92
More that likely in the tune---Just make sure your MAF is clean and not oil fouled
To correct dying when lifting and coming to a stop both "in gear" and in "P/N" can be done using the "Throttle Follower " table in your tune-very common with modded engines---To correct dying remove a % from P/N or In gear (wherever it's happening)
Start with about -5% --start engine and see if fixed---If you go too far you'll have the opposite affect---Engine will have a hanging idle--then simply add some % back
You must have a full tuner to access these tables--Or get a mail order tune

car was fully tuned with hptuners before the new mods i put on. since the new mods she has been acting up. i talked to doug and he told me to get a screened maf for it. my current stock maf doesn't have one. i guess the new mods are messing with the air and causing turbulance for it to read. the new maf should be here tomorrow for it along with my new pulley for the blower

will keep ya posted
Old 07-16-2014, 12:12 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Yes I agree If it came with a screen put it back in There is notmich HP loss for the screen being in--but without it a ton of drivability issues--especially with an A4.
You can however remove the screen but it takes hours and hours of data logging to get the MAF table correct--Unless you have your own tuning software it's not worth the maybe 3-5 HP gains--

Get notified of new replies

To having a little trouble. BAD MAF?

Quick Reply: having a little trouble. BAD MAF?