C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Cincinnati Speed? Anyone used? 97 mods HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 07:27 PM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Cincinnati Speed? Anyone used? 97 mods HELP!

Hello,
Need help with my 97 vette just purchased in 8/14. I have owned my 72 for years and am very comfortable with my working on it. However I dont know anything about the C5 mod world so I need help!

That being said I have already fixed the major issues and am now in the mod stage. I have already installed a Vararam cai & power duct. My Kooks emissions headers and 3" X pipe with NO cats is on the way. I will be putting either the SLP loudmouth or Borla straight pipes on it.
The rest of the 97 is the A4 stock with the 2.73 gears

I am in the Cincinnati area and was referred to Cincy speed to do the dyno tune. Has anyone ever used them?

Or anyone in the Cinci area know where the best place to go is that has C5 experience?

Or is the ECS mail order the best route to go?

I am looking to get the best performance, harder shifts, could care less about gas mileage as I only drive about 2k miles a year on my personal vehicles combined which will probably be split in half between the two vettes.

Thank you for any and all your help,
Rich
Old 10-14-2014, 12:09 AM
mvvette97
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Buy the EFI live tuning software and I can send you a good tune. I have EFI live also so I can help you tune it and get it dialed in.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:15 AM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mvvette97
Buy the EFI live tuning software and I can send you a good tune. I have EFI live also so I can help you tune it and get it dialed in.
Cool, thank you very much, I will check into it tomorrow, where do I get it at. This is my first go at doing anything performance with EFI other then Jeeps and that was all gears & suspension work, not tuning.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:30 AM
mvvette97
Melting Slicks

Well you can get it directly from the EFI Live site http://www.efilive.com/flashscan/fla...-tuning-option but it is kinda expensive. Was worth it in my opinion because you can tune anything on your car. Also the 1997-1998 vette does not require the use of a VIN license so you can tune forever on those years vette camaro, trans am and never use a license. If you don't want to spend that much then post a want to buy in the sale section for the V1 version of EFI live. You can get that pretty cheap and once again since you have a 97 it won't matter if the interface is full because 97-98 doesn't require a VIN license.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:49 AM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Well you can get it directly from the EFI Live site http://www.efilive.com/flashscan/fla...-tuning-option but it is kinda expensive. Was worth it in my opinion because you can tune anything on your car. Also the 1997-1998 vette does not require the use of a VIN license so you can tune forever on those years vette camaro, trans am and never use a license. If you don't want to spend that much then post a want to buy in the sale section for the V1 version of EFI live. You can get that pretty cheap and once again since you have a 97 it won't matter if the interface is full because 97-98 doesn't require a VIN license.
Cool, thanks, it will probably be a few weeks until I am ready to tear everything off and do it. So if I get the efi live v1 used from someone I can basically tune the pcm anytime I want with no license for as long as I want and as often as I want for as long as I own the car? So say a year from now I decide to take the car to the next level and do a cam & heads I would be able to go back in and modify it again?
Old 10-14-2014, 01:52 PM
mvvette97
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by King Lear
Cool, thanks, it will probably be a few weeks until I am ready to tear everything off and do it. So if I get the efi live v1 used from someone I can basically tune the pcm anytime I want with no license for as long as I want and as often as I want for as long as I own the car? So say a year from now I decide to take the car to the next level and do a cam & heads I would be able to go back in and modify it again?
Yep that's correct. It's also a datalogging to as well as a tuning tool. You will love it. I was always changing things on mine even after I had it all tuned. The sky is the limit on what you can do with that software
Old 10-14-2014, 03:06 PM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Yep that's correct. It's also a datalogging to as well as a tuning tool. You will love it. I was always changing things on mine even after I had it all tuned. The sky is the limit on what you can do with that software
Thanks again.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:31 PM
A Marsh
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

To your original question...

I've had two dyno tunes at Cincy Speed.

In my opinion, they're good at tuning engines, but not as good at tuning automatic transmissions.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:36 PM
SinnerZ06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no experience with Cincy Speed directly but I did just purchase a supercharged C5 that was tuned by them last year. Runs very well, no issues to speak of - the tune feels very healthy. ECS isn't far from me so I'll bring the car over there to give the tune a once-over anyway, but so far so good on the Cincy tune.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:00 AM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by HotRodKush
I have no experience with Cincy Speed directly but I did just purchase a supercharged C5 that was tuned by them last year. Runs very well, no issues to speak of - the tune feels very healthy. ECS isn't far from me so I'll bring the car over there to give the tune a once-over anyway, but so far so good on the Cincy tune.
Thanks, do u have auto or manual. Just curious from previous post.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:04 AM
mvvette97
Melting Slicks

I plan on doing the efi live v1 but so far I have found they have a 25 license limit to a serial #. Anyway to check that before you buy used to make sure its not used up?
That will be fine because your 97 doesn't require a license to tune it. So your VIN is never locked to the interface. I will jump over to the efi live forum and check but I'm pretty sure that's how that works
Old 10-18-2014, 08:31 AM
SinnerZ06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, do u have auto or manual. Just curious from previous post.
Manual trans
Old 10-19-2014, 07:58 PM
JIMS SVT
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

CincySpeed has tuned many cars for me. Including my old turbo Cobra that made 1016rwhp through a th400 spinning on the dyno. Tracey has tuned my 99 FRc twice on the dyno and once on the street. Craig and Tracey are very good guys to deal with. I recommend them highly.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:27 PM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JIMS SVT
CincySpeed has tuned many cars for me. Including my old turbo Cobra that made 1016rwhp through a th400 spinning on the dyno. Tracey has tuned my 99 FRc twice on the dyno and once on the street. Craig and Tracey are very good guys to deal with. I recommend them highly.
I am definitely doing my 97 there. I am thinking of taking my 72 vert in when its finished being rebuilt. It has a 383 retro roller zz383 cam, quick fuel SS750 vac sec carb, RHS alum heads, 10.25:1 cr, m-20 4 speed on 3.36 gears. I have never had it on a dyno to see what it actually does.

Last edited by King Lear; 10-22-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:51 AM
JIMS SVT
Pro

Good plan. Tracey takes the time to show you what hes doing and what was wrong or any issues. A mail order tune is just that. Have to go back and forth over the internet and the problems still not be fixed. Where they can work on it right there with you. I know they did a yellow a4 2004 not to long ago. Seen them doing a gear swap and some other things. You'll be happy with them
And there close by. Right down 75 off exit 9 I believe.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:02 PM
03bluemule
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tracy Scott does a good job at cincy speed , also there's S&M motorsport LLC north of cincy Adam Maurer he uses a mustang dyno real numbers . Facebook him or give him a call 513-236-2355 . Good guy tunes my sons turbo car. He's near miamitown , ohio .
Old 10-25-2014, 07:19 AM
JIMS SVT
Pro

King Lear...did ya end up getting the 72 back? Im gonna be taking my frc back to Tracey again soon since I decided to change a few things around again.

Get notified of new replies

To Cincinnati Speed? Anyone used? 97 mods HELP!

Old 10-25-2014, 09:12 AM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JIMS SVT
King Lear...did ya end up getting the 72 back? Im gonna be taking my frc back to Tracey again soon since I decided to change a few things around again.
No, we are still in all the mods are done, all that is left is to assemble the engine, break it in and then should be done. Given the temps I probably wont be taking the 72 in for a dyno run until spring. The 97 is ready to be tuned now. Just waiting my turn.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:53 PM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Just got back from dinner Tracey tuned the 97 this afternoon. Wow, it runs awesome. The transmission shifts great as well. I have absolutely no complaints. He did a fantastic job!
Old 10-26-2014, 09:19 AM
JIMS SVT
Pro

Glad to hear he got ya setup. Good people to deal with down there.

Quick Reply: Cincinnati Speed? Anyone used? 97 mods HELP!