C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Tuning for race gas with different stoich value

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 11:20 AM
SVT_Z06
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshboody
Actually I think what tblu is referring to is tuning <1.0 lambda using NB… wording is just confusing. You can tune non-1.0 setpoints without a WB though, although its not easy. Basically once you dial in your trims, you have a bunch of flexibility and can use the NB to make sure you’re on the correct side of lambda… actually NBs can read variations of lambda, BUT you need to have an initial reference point like a WB (so would kinda defeat the purpose). But WB isn’t necessary if you get creative… for example taking NB voltages at various AFR setpoints in the OL table (with a close to 0 trim tune). Once you have a baseline you can use at WOT. Anyway all this is unnecessary when you can just use a WB.

I was thinking about this for an E85 tune targeting lean P/T setpoints, but it could be a hassle with weather changes… although so far cooler air hasn’t effected my trims much at all. In theory it should not, but I’ve read that LSx trims do change with weather.
+1

E85

Changed my:
:Injectors
-Stoich
-OLFA
-Cranking fuel
-PE
-added a smidge of timing
-done

Love it......

Last edited by SVT_Z06; 11-22-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:46 PM
06x6spdGTO
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Lambda of 1.0 = Stoich for E85, C16, 91 Gasoline, VP110, etc....

Lambda DOES NOT equal = 14.68 AFR, it equals STOICH for the given fuel.

There are a few of us on the Holley EFI Stand alone ECU board that would prefer the Holley HP and Dominator units had the ability to work in Lambda.

To the OP, if the tune is calibrated correctly you should be able to change the stoich value and get close.. BUT, I would recommend you re dyno the car to be sure no one has HACKED the PE values...

Quick Reply: Tuning for race gas with different stoich value