C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

choice of injectors for procharged 99

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 12:27 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Default choice of injectors for procharged 99

ok...bought procharger use p1sc without injectors...so I may be able to get these "ID 1000" 60lb injectors off the forum unused in box at a great price or, one of the major procharger shops recommends these http://shop.brutespeed.com/Siemens-1...ens-107961.htm

Car is otherwise stock and likely change to better intake/t-body, cat back is about it.

'm likely to go with the shop's recommendation, however, the ID 1000 injectors are so much more expensive when new I am wondering if there is a big difference?
Really just want something that can be tuned and run good everyday whether in traffic or my morning high speed run.

If anyone knows or has put allot of thought into injectors please let me know.
Thanks!
Todd
Old 10-25-2014, 05:56 PM
Turbo900rr
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedz06
ok...bought procharger use p1sc without injectors...so I may be able to get these "ID 1000" 60lb injectors off the forum unused in box at a great price or, one of the major procharger shops recommends these http://shop.brutespeed.com/Siemens-1...ens-107961.htm

Car is otherwise stock and likely change to better intake/t-body, cat back is about it.

'm likely to go with the shop's recommendation, however, the ID 1000 injectors are so much more expensive when new I am wondering if there is a big difference?
Really just want something that can be tuned and run good everyday whether in traffic or my morning high speed run.

If anyone knows or has put allot of thought into injectors please let me know.
Thanks!
Todd
Go with what the shop is used to tuning with. Id1000 are great injectors but if a tuner is not used to them it may turn into a headache getting all the little stuff tuned just right. Idle, deceleration, tip-in ect.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:40 PM
mowton
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You are speaking of 2 different injector sizes above. The ID1000's are like 114 lb/hr at 58 psi fuel pressure and when you speak of 60 lb injector, I think you are referring to the Siemans Deka 60 lb injectors which actually flow like 72 lb's at the 58 psi. Data for these injectors can be derived from Greg Banish's DVD. Injector Dynamics provides same data for their products as well.....unlike many other injector companies. With the data available both are more than tunable.

For a Procharged LS1, the 60 lb Deka's will suffice. The ID1000's are a lot more money and flow way more than you will need.

Ed M

Last edited by mowton; 10-25-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To choice of injectors for procharged 99

Quick Reply: choice of injectors for procharged 99