C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Help needed with "check engine"

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 08:03 PM
mrm13
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Help needed with "check engine"

Hi guys.
I need help and I need the collective knowledge of the forum to try figure this out.
First some history leading to this…
I got a set of longtube headers about three months ago. When I did that, the car was running great. However about a week later it threw a code and a Check Engine light for the air pump, which was understandable, because I removed it. About two months ago I also started working on putting wide fenders on the car (which turned into a nightmare). While I was waiting on the paintshop I decided to take the computer out and ship it to ECS to get it reprogramed. The reprogramed computer went in the car about two weeks ago. So here is where the issues started.
The car is more responsive, the temperature stays in check and I love it….Well kind of. The car has a hesitation right around 1600 RPM and at low RPM sounds kind of rough.
Today driving my wife to work, the check engine light came on. On my way back I stopped by Autozone to check the codes. Four things showed up.
1. Low fuel sensor
I know the C5 is notorious with issues with this and it doesn't really bother me. I keep the tank full most of the time and don't really rely on the gauge
2. P0133 Oxygen Sensor Circuit Slow Response Bank1, Sensor1
This is chinese to me. What does that mean? What can cause it? And the consequences could be?
3. P1134 Heated Oxygen Sensor Transition Time Ratio Bank1, Sensor1
Same questions as the P0133
4. P0153 Oxygen Circuit Slow Response Bank2, Sensor1.
Now this one I also don't understand, but it is really puzzling to me. I may be wrong, but as far as I know, bank 1 is the front sensors and bank2 is the rear sensors. Well, if ECS reprogramed the computer and eliminated the rear sensors (part of their tune up) then why am I getting any codes for the rear sensors?

Please, any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mrm13; 10-24-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:52 PM
mowton
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mrm13
Hi guys.
I need help and I need the collective knowledge of the forum to try figure this out.
First some history leading to this…
I got a set of longtube headers about three months ago. When I did that, the car was running great. However about a week later it threw a code and a Check Engine light for the air pump, which was understandable, because I removed it. About two months ago I also started working on putting wide fenders on the car (which turned into a nightmare). While I was waiting on the paintshop I decided to take the computer out and ship it to ECS to get it reprogramed. The reprogramed computer went in the car about two weeks ago. So here is where the issues started.
The car is more responsive, the temperature stays in check and I love it….Well kind of. The car has a hesitation right around 1600 RPM and at low RPM sounds kind of rough.
Today driving my wife to work, the check engine light came on. On my way back I stopped by Autozone to check the codes. Four things showed up.
1. Low fuel sensor
I know the C5 is notorious with issues with this and it doesn't really bother me. I keep the tank full most of the time and don't really rely on the gauge
2. P0133 Oxygen Sensor Circuit Slow Response Bank1, Sensor1
This is chinese to me. What does that mean? What can cause it? And the consequences could be?
3. P1134 Heated Oxygen Sensor Transition Time Ratio Bank1, Sensor1
Same questions as the P0133
4. P0153 Oxygen Circuit Slow Response Bank2, Sensor1.
Now this one I also don't understand, but it is really puzzling to me. I may be wrong, but as far as I know, bank 1 is the front sensors and bank2 is the rear sensors. Well, if ECS reprogramed the computer and eliminated the rear sensors (part of their tune up) then why am I getting any codes for the rear sensors?

Please, any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
First off I would call Doug or Chris at ECS and I am sure they will be able to help you.

The codes you are getting are for the front O2's which are called Sensor 1. The rears are called sensor 2. Bank 1 and 2 reference the drivers/passenger side. With LT's you will sometimes get these codes as the OS'2 are moved a bit further from the exhaust port.

Will need to see if the installation of the LT's/O2's has an issue or if just "slow" due to the new location. In some cases we shut off these codes. You can discuss this with ECS.

Ed M
Old 10-25-2014, 07:11 PM
mrm13
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mowton
First off I would call Doug or Chris at ECS and I am sure they will be able to help you.

The codes you are getting are for the front O2's which are called Sensor 1. The rears are called sensor 2. Bank 1 and 2 reference the drivers/passenger side. With LT's you will sometimes get these codes as the OS'2 are moved a bit further from the exhaust port.

Will need to see if the installation of the LT's/O2's has an issue or if just "slow" due to the new location. In some cases we shut off these codes. You can discuss this with ECS.

Ed M
Thank you.
My O2s are at the same place as the OEM. No extension harnesses or anything.

Get notified of new replies

To Help needed with "check engine"

Quick Reply: Help needed with "check engine"